PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from around the SW Michigan area?

KyleKruko44
05-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is from or has purchased a Spyder from this area. Looking for a reputable dealer or any suggestions, thanks.

NancysToy
05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
We purchased our Spyders from Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo. Matt Van Dam was our salesman. The service that I do not do myself is done there, also. We have been customers for the last three years, plus. There are several good dealers in the area, depending on your exact location. PM me if you want to chat about the subject more.

mxz600
05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is from or has purchased a Spyder from this area. Looking for a reputable dealer or any suggestions, thanks.

:welcome:

I got mine from Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo. They have taken good care of me. My salesman was Mike Campbell, he also owns a Spyder.

Other dealers in the area:

Krupp's Power Sports in Edwardsburg

Lake Effect Powersports in Benton Harbor

Shawmut Hills in Grand Rapids.

SpyderAnn01
05-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Shawmut Hills Sales in Grand Rapids has been pretty good for me on service. They were recently purchased by Fox Motors and I understand that their labor rate jumped $10 hour. There is also a dealer in Holland.

NancysToy
05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Shawmut Hills Sales in Grand Rapids has been pretty good for me on service. They were recently purchased by Fox Motors and I understand that their labor rate jumped $10 hour. There is also a dealer in Holland.
I didn't know that. Interesting!

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2011, 07:43 AM
I didn't know that. Interesting!

They kept all (or most) of the employees and they all seem excited about being part of Fox. I'll tell you for sure about the labor rate this week when I take mine in for service.

SPYD1
05-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I haven't had a lot of luck with Shawmutt sales and I hope Fox will change that...although I believe some of the people need to change to improve. I have been dealing with them for nearly 10 years. I like the parts department, they will work with you on price. The people at Village seem to be very nice.

Littlebadwolf
05-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Town & Country in Cement City, my dealer...and one of the good ones...

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Town & Country in Cement City, my dealer...and one of the good ones...

Larry how's the ticker? We missed you at Spyderfest.

Littlebadwolf
05-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Ann...as you're aware...I couldn't make Spyderfest because the doc wouldn't let me go. My BP was acting up and he had 4 scans done on me...echo and 3 others. Anyways...I've got a lot of plaque build-up in my arteries on both the upper and lower ends. I'm being scheduled for surgery to put in some stents on my lower area (groin, legs) sometime this week..waiting for them to contact me. They plan on bringing me back in to do the stents in my upper areas (arms) as soon as it's safe to go back in...can do it all at one time because of the dye. Thanks for asking...I'm still riding locally but won't be doing any long distance until they're finished with the surgeries.

SpyderAnn01
05-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Larry you will be in our prayers. Let us know how it goes.

dltang
05-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Ann...as you're aware...I couldn't make Spyderfest because the doc wouldn't let me go. My BP was acting up and he had 4 scans done on me...echo and 3 others. Anyways...I've got a lot of plaque build-up in my arteries on both the upper and lower ends. I'm being scheduled for surgery to put in some stents on my lower area (groin, legs) sometime this week..waiting for them to contact me. They plan on bringing me back in to do the stents in my upper areas (arms) as soon as it's safe to go back in...can do it all at one time because of the dye. Thanks for asking...I'm still riding locally but won't be doing any long distance until they're finished with the surgeries.

Larry, glad to hear you are out riding some. Take it easy and follow the doctors orders and I pray for healing and full recovery for you.