PDA

View Full Version : New 2008 Spyder Gs owner

Pacheco
05-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Jose and I just got a 08 Spyder GS last week and I get it on Thursday, I dont have a license yet and at the same time Im a disabled vet, so I'm kinda scared. Other than that cant wait to get my hands on it so I can start practicing. Well any questions you have feel free to contact me, dont actually know how to do this, I dont even have a facebook acct so I'm new to all this. Thanx again everyone.

Fire Joe
05-07-2011, 12:16 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: :thumbup:

Pincushion
05-07-2011, 12:23 AM
:welcome:
I'm sure you will have a blast, and in no time you will be collecting miles like the rest of us!

ARtraveler
05-07-2011, 01:35 AM
:welcome: Read the manual carefully--and watch the video that comes with the Spyder. Dealer may have extras if you did not get one. Good safety and riding tips in the manual. Don't overcontrol--most new riders run into that problem.

Pacheco
05-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I just want to say thank you for the warm welcoming, I feel like I felt when I first walked into my first unit in Camp Lejeune, like I belong to something, thanks again everyone..

BikerDoc
05-07-2011, 12:06 PM
:congrats::welcome: you have some great times ahead of you.. the ride is fantastic and the people you meet at the Spyder events can become lifetime friends.

dmessenger
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Welcome, Pacheco! You have some nice rides awaiting you in your area. I live in Houston (flat land, aghh) and many times will ride over to your area just to find some curvy roads.

When you get all legal and comfortable with your new machine, and you are ready for more that just a local ride, perhaps we could meet about half way. Just PM me and I'll respond.

pastorchuck
05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
:congrats:And thanks for your sacrifice for our freedom. I hope and pray you have many years and tons of fun with your new ryde!

Marker
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: Once you get use to your new :f_spider: you will love it

DynamoBT
05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde!! You'll do fine. Take is slowly. Relax. Ryde within your skills. You'll catch on fairly quickly, I'll bet.

dave711
05-11-2011, 08:44 AM
:welcome: Ahhhh another Texas spyder rider:congrats:

stutzmason
06-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Jose .. . :congrats::congrats: on your :spyder2:. I live in Killeen and am looking to get a :spyder2:. Once I get it, would love to have a fellow :spyder2: rider to ride with.

napper39
06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
:congrats: and:welcome: hope you get on the road soon,have fun and relax the spyder will feel twichey at frist just have a loose grip and it will come to you as the miles pile up.took me 800 miles to realley get used to it .but when you do you will be riding like the wind.:2thumbs::D:chat:

pjp623
06-17-2011, 09:42 AM
:congrats: & :welcome: Ryde Safe !

fleegeds
06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Hawk Eye
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
:welcome::congrats: You will love it.

Pete:yes::yes:

oceanbreeze851
06-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Stuzmason, I'm just south of you in Leander. Let me know if your up for a ride. Alan

stutzmason
06-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Stuzmason, I'm just south of you in Leander. Let me know if your up for a ride. Alan

Alan ....As soon as I get my :spyder2: I would love to ride ... I have been in this area my entire life (43yrs) and have a desire to see some of the places again with the wind blowing in my face ... I will keep you posted

spydrluvr
06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I just want to say thank you for the warm welcoming, I feel like I felt when I first walked into my first unit in Camp Lejeune, like I belong to something, thanks again everyone..

:welcome:......and you do belong to one of the greatest "families" that I have ever experienced. :thumbup: :congrats: on your new ryde!

Arana
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Welcome Jose, I am in Killeen, when ever you get settled with the Spyder let me know, maybe we can meet somewhere.

:welcome:

harleyRick
07-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I know you'll enjoy it I like mine more every time I ride it :welcome:
If we get up around Belton we'll let you know. :thumbup:

stutzmason
09-10-2011, 08:31 AM
I finally got muh Spyder back in August but between work and the heat haven't done much Ryding .... cooler weather is now beginning to prevail and alas, I have to go out of town this next week ....oh well ... might take a ryde this morning just to stretch muh legs ..... looking forward to meeting some more ryders from the Killeen area .... I know there are a few lurking here but haven't seen any Spyders here save my own .... hope to see a few more soon

JCSMOKE
09-10-2011, 09:04 AM
When you get the spyder get on it and do the Marine core spyder Ryder chant, one hand on the bike and one on the boy bits "This is my spyder this is my gun, this is for fun, and this is for fun!"

Tx web rider
09-19-2011, 11:38 PM
its wonderful you have a new spyder
i got mine 3 months ago and love it i took a spyder three wheel three track motorcycle course in San Antonio it is a 1 day course there were several spyders there that day had a good course and learned a lot
http://www.swmotorcycletraining.com/
they are one of the only 3 wheel courses around
this is my first motorcycle so i did learn a lot lol
don't fret on disabled vet so am i these machines are made for persons with limited abilities

good luck with it and ride on

GrayBuffalo
09-20-2011, 12:12 AM
You are going to love your spyder, I don't know what your disability is, but just take things slow and get comfortable with the machine. I am also a disabled vet and when I was able to get my RTS SE5 I was thrilled to death!!!! I am unable to ride a two wheeler. Riding my spyder has been the most freeing experience I could have ever come across.
Enjoy Brother!!