PDA

View Full Version : Spyder article in Cuba Free Press

Spydeejane
05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Here is a link to a Cuba Free Press article on Spyderfest US 2011. There was a whole page of photos in the actual paper. The article was on the front page with the WWM photo on the front page.

www.threeriverspublishing.com/TRP/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8237:spyders-invade-cuba-for-bike-festival&catid=27&Itemid=200

FANG
05-06-2011, 08:40 AM
:2thumbs: Congrats on the success of Spyderfest 2011. I hated to miss it -- I had arranged my leave to bee able to attend but a little bundle from heaven -- 1st Granddaughter took precidence. Hope to be there next year.

IWN2RYD
05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
What an awesome pic (Teddy made another friend) !!! And frankly, tastefully done report as well :2thumbs::doorag:

http://www.threeriverspublishing.com/TRP/images/stories/images/2011/April/IMG_5260.jpg

jedd
05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Great report we all did well in behaving in town, hope they will welcomeus back:2thumbs:

Jim:thumbup:

ThreeFeet
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Here is a link to a Cuba Free Press article on Spyderfest US 2011. There was a whole page of photos in the actual paper. The article was on the front page with the WWM photo on the front page.

www.threeriverspublishing.com/TRP/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8237:spyders-invade-cuba-for-bike-festival&catid=27&Itemid=200 (http://www.threeriverspublishing.com/TRP/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8237:spyders-invade-cuba-for-bike-festival&catid=27&Itemid=200)
All the folks I talked to, after you all had gone, all said that they REALLY loved having ALL of you, "most excitement we've had in a year!!" "When ya'll comin back???" These were from people at the resturants, at the gas stations. And from Connie at the Wagon Wheel " That's the most excitement we ever get around here and so everybody just loves to have you!!! It's a small town without much goin on, soo they all really liked having something different to look at and admire." Me thinks that eventually it will be like in Tomahawk Wi. when THEY have the Colorama thing in Sept. the locals just stay outa town till it all blows over!!! One local I met did say that he was a little late getting to work due to the LONG line of spyders at 2 crossings that were blocked. So he was happy to see all the diff. bykes but a little ticked at being held up for so long.:lecturef_smilie: Just my 2Cents. and back to reality!!:roflblack:

fastfraser
05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
:2thumbs: Great write -up. I'm glad the kids will profit from this event .

Spydeejane
05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I think everyone would be happy to have the spyders back . People get held up in traffic without the spyders. In the summer, when there are floaters going to and from Steelville, there is a constant stream of traffic.

We just hope that you all enjoyed your time in Cuba and come back when you can.

In September there is a large Patriot Guard gathering in Steelville and September 24 there is a bike/car show in town.

If you are close, the third weekend of October, we have Cuba Fest with narrated tours of the murals on Saturday aboard 1904-style trolley. Food, crafts, activities, and family fun.

You all missed the Scottish comedian and actor Billy Connolly. He and his film/production crew stayed two nights at the Wagon Wheel this past week while they were filming scenes along Route 66. He had a Boom trike to ride when he was filming scenes. I guess he doesn't know about the Spyder.

By the way, my husband has been bitten by spyder envy. He wants one!

BikerDoc
05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Great press for Spyder Riders and the event.. I can only see a growing relationship between us and the Town of Cuba, Missouri.. thank you

GloryRyders
05-06-2011, 07:40 PM
:2thumbs: Thanks for posting the newspaper article, it is nice to be appreciated by the town, even if we did disrupt it a little. I know a really good dealer that is close to you where your husband can get a good deal:roflblack:. Let us know when he gets one so we can :welcome: him to ther family.