PDA

View Full Version : Who Bought It?

oompa611
05-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Who bought the custom spyder with the 360 rear tire that was at SpyderFest? :2thumbs:

Firefly
05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Somebody from MN. I talked to his sister before he arrived.

Curious if he was able to ride it home or not and how it rides. Just doesn't look very road-friendly - even when lifted up. Longer wheelbase=not turning as tight.

Marker
05-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I remember seeing a post about someone taking delivery of a custom spyder at spyderfest he even posted a pic
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27381&highlight=custom+spyder and here it is his name is Sxonwls and he said he was riding it home
file:///Users/markcrenna/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-11.png

SpyderDeb
05-05-2011, 04:53 PM
:firstplace:It does belong to sxonwhls :) He didn't ride it, like us, he trailered it! There is no way I'd ride a bike like that across country and risk damage to the paint by those semi's :yikes:. That's how I got my first paint chips :gaah:.

SpyderAnn01
05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I bought mine to ride not to trailer!

arntufun
05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Here we go again !!!!:roflblack:

boborgera
05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I ride my Spyder,:thumbup:
Don't want to get my trailer dirty.:roflblack:

Firefly
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I ride my Spyder,:thumbup:
Don't want to get my trailer dirty.:roflblack:

:roflblack: Good one.

It was my understanding that it was trailered from SC and he was going to ride it home to MN. On one post it was indicted that this was going to be a bike for road use--- can't remember if that was from the owner or the seller.

I really think this is a show bike-- not made for much riding.

Agree with SpyderAnn01 --- I bought mine to RIDE - but to each his own.

SpyderAnn01
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
if yours looked like this, you'd probably trailer it too.......

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11745&d=1302661585
:2thumbs:

Ships are safe in port but that's not what ships are for.

jedd
05-05-2011, 07:41 PM
The guy bought an extremely custom, one of a kind Spyder. It's nice that you're happy with riding your plain ole' Spyder..... Maybe we can let him be happy with trailering his custom one, if that's what makes him happy....:doorag:

:agree:I don't trailer either, but if I were to have a custom like that I would' that thing was very sweet up close in real life be a nice treasure in any garage:2thumbs:

Jim:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Maybe that's not what YOUR ship is for, but there are plenty that never leave the dock, however.........

What's good for the goose doesn't always have to be good for the gander.....

The guy bought an extremely custom, one of a kind Spyder. It's nice that you're happy with riding your plain ole' Spyder..... Maybe we can let him be happy with trailering his custom one, if that's what makes him happy....:doorag:

Whose Spyder are you calling plain? I'll have you know I have custom emblems (yeah that is emblems with an S) and a flag holder for TWO flags and one of those real pretty LED brake lights and over 12,000 miles in less than a year!

SpyderAnn01
05-05-2011, 07:55 PM
I didn't realize you had two flags, my apologies........ :opps:

:roflblack: Apology accepted.

arntufun
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
How come every time this Spyder gets brought up, this bickering stuff always is not far behind. I called it several posts ago. :roflblack::roflblack:

Firefly
05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Whose Spyder are you calling plain? I'll have you know I have custom emblems (yeah that is emblems with an S) and a flag holder for TWO flags and one of those real pretty LED brake lights and over 12,000 miles in less than a year!

Right on-- but don't waste your fingers. That guy's Spyder looks like a Henry Donaldson. Must not be any HD forums to play on.... :roflblack:

----------------

That Spyder was pretty neat - looks very much like the ones posted about a year ago from a show overseas - but really not a very practical bike for RIDING - also not practical for BOATING.... lol.

To each his own.

Firefly
05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
How come every time this Spyder gets brought up, this bickering stuff always is not far behind. I called it several posts ago. :roflblack::roflblack:

I'm blaming YOU! :D

SpyderGirl
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I bought mine to ride not to trailer!

:agree: RIGHT ON!! :2thumbs: :ohyea: RIDE BABY RIDE!! :D

KipDM
05-06-2011, 03:09 AM
i love that :spyder2: BUT for that paint and look, i would not ryde it till i got a 2Bros, black series, carbon fiber pipe on her! oooohhhhh, that would be totally BAD:cus: (not sure if donkey/mule is allowed here).

tweeder
05-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Any one know what that spyder went for?

Firefly
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
i love that :spyder2: BUT for that paint and look, i would not ryde it till i got a 2Bros, black series, carbon fiber pipe on her! oooohhhhh, that would be totally BAD:cus: (not sure if donkey/mule is allowed here).

It was mentioned that the owner wanted Aerocharger to install a turbo on it at Spyderfest. Not sure if they did or not.

COOLMACHINE
05-06-2011, 09:33 AM
That is a way-cool machine. Congrats to the new owner.

BajaRon
05-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Bickering is just the long way around to agreement.... :D

Maybe he can have his wife drive while he sits on his new spyder while it sits on the trailer....:dontknow:

Firefly
05-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Maybe he can have his wife drive while he sits on his new spyder while it sits on the trailer....:dontknow:

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBW0GVtqwqM

:roflblack:

pauly1
05-06-2011, 12:22 PM
I happen to know the owner quite well. The machine is a work of art. One can choose to admire their art any way they want; not all art is for everyone. I do know that he drove nearly non-stop for 3 days to pick up the bike, bring it to SpyderFest, and do some riding in the lovely MO countryside. While it looks great, I witnessed him spend major time trying to resolve some of those technical things that many of us have struggled with, without immediate resolve and, I can only imagine, was a major disappointment. (I offer that he had good sense to not bog down the Cowtown staff during the event.)

I don't think he'll go for the turbo. His other bike (which gathered 550 miles over 2 1/2 days of riding in central MO that no one noticed) significantly out did the Hulligan Turbo 2-for-2 in the 'performance testing'. I take pride in that as I assembled his engine (and frankly don't have the 'nads to drive like that:yikes:). Besides, there's no clearance when the bike drops down for its trailer ride :ohyea:.

If you bought "it", and I don't care what "it" is, ride and treat "it" in a way that satisfies you!

Be safe and see ya'll down the road!

Wayne

SpyderDeb
05-06-2011, 12:52 PM
"Maybe he can have his wife......."

:yikes: WIFE!!!!?!!!! :yikes: WHEN!!!!?!!!! :yikes: WHERE!!!!?!!!! :yikes:

BMF_RACING
05-06-2011, 01:07 PM

:agree: . Art is for the museums, for me its all about functionality. Always been a all go and little show guy, but to each his own. :D

BajaRon
05-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBW0GVtqwqM

:roflblack:

Well, there you go! See, he wouldn't even be the first one to do it.

XLT
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM

yes.....and I want one of those yellow helmety things artufun wears....or something to that effect.

Firefly
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I happen to know the owner quite well. The machine is a work of art. One can choose to admire their art any way they want; not all art is for everyone. I do know that he drove nearly non-stop for 3 days to pick up the bike, bring it to SpyderFest, and do some riding in the lovely MO countryside. While it looks great, I witnessed him spend major time trying to resolve some of those technical things that many of us have struggled with, without immediate resolve and, I can only imagine, was a major disappointment. (I offer that he had good sense to not bog down the Cowtown staff during the event.)

I don't think he'll go for the turbo. His other bike (which gathered 550 miles over 2 1/2 days of riding in central MO that no one noticed) significantly out did the Hulligan Turbo 2-for-2 in the 'performance testing'. I take pride in that as I assembled his engine (and frankly don't have the 'nads to drive like that:yikes:). Besides, there's no clearance when the bike drops down for its trailer ride :ohyea:.

If you bought "it", and I don't care what "it" is, ride and treat "it" in a way that satisfies you!

Be safe and see ya'll down the road!

Wayne

Ahh-- so that was the Spyder with the big bore kit and cams-- cool beans. I know doc was having some issues after Aerocharger made some adjustments to his PSI output---

The big bore and cam kit seems like a good route to go-- maybe less problematic than the turbo--- I'm just waiting for someone to do BOTH.....:D

Sorry he's having issues with the show bike-- I'd be none to happy either after driving that far, etc..... :gaah:

draboo
05-06-2011, 04:25 PM

one word: ENVY! :thumbup:

docdoru
05-06-2011, 05:16 PM
The big bore and cam kit seems like a good route to go-- maybe less problematic than the turbo--- I'm just waiting for someone to do BOTH.....:D
;):popcorn:

pauly1
05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
The cylinders are stock and have not been bored out.

To be fair, that engine doesn't have 120K :2thumbs: miles on it so one cannot comment on longevity or which is the 'best' way to go. One observation is the turbo gets installed without major engine surgery, making it a much easier task.

Wayne

sxonwls
05-08-2011, 08:07 PM
A BIG THANK YOU to all who helped make Spyder Fest the awesome experiance it was. This was my first Spyder event and I'm extremely excited for the next one!!. I cant imagine how much time and effort went into organizing an event like this that had so much to offer to everyone who attended. THANK YOU Len and your team for everything that you put into Spyder Fest!!! Hopefully you'll have us back next year.

As for the "Trailer Queen" she is safely back in MN getting ready to be ridden on many a nice weekends. Unfortunelty we had some problems in Cuba with a $3.99 program buttom that didn't allow us to drive the new beauty as much as I had hoped at Spyder Fest. The good thing was I had my go fast flat black spydi with a few motor adjustment to throw down some miles with and also have a little fun with the Turbo's on the strip. I have my brother-in-law Wayne to thank for the performance update. Thank you also Wayne for the great ride down Cty 49, I would go thru the whole trip again just to ride that rode another time!!

SpyderDeb
05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
:2thumbs: "Trailer Queen" that'd be a great personalized plate!! :2thumbs:

musicarcade
05-08-2011, 11:07 PM
A BIG THANK YOU to all who helped make Spyder Fest the awesome experiance it was. This was my first Spyder event and I'm extremely excited for the next one!!. I cant imagine how much time and effort went into organizing an event like this that had so much to offer to everyone who attended. THANK YOU Len and your team for everything that you put into Spyder Fest!!! Hopefully you'll have us back next year.

As for the "Trailer Queen" she is safely back in MN getting ready to be ridden on many a nice weekends. Unfortunelty we had some problems in Cuba with a $3.99 program buttom that didn't allow us to drive the new beauty as much as I had hoped at Spyder Fest. The good thing was I had my go fast flat black spydi with a few motor adjustment to throw down some miles with and also have a little fun with the Turbo's on the strip. I have my brother-in-law Wayne to thank for the performance update. Thank you also Wayne for the great ride down Cty 49, I would go thru the whole trip again just to ride that rode another time!!

Daniel,
It was a pleasure to meet you in SC. Thanks for the chance to see the "trailer queen" before the long journey. Sorry we didn't get a chance to ryde. Good luck with the future mods I'm sure you'll be undertaking soon!

pauly1
05-09-2011, 06:37 AM
What exactly has been done to that Spyder and what were the gains over stock?

High compression pistons, camshafts, high flow aircleaner, juice box and fuel pressure modifier (all sourced thru evoluzione), and Micron exhaust. All I did was the engine surgery, the owner did the final tuning. All work was done with the engine in the frame, however, it is not for the 'light of skills' person to tackle:yikes:. The job would have been a lot easier if I'd had a scissor-type ring compressor:2thumbs:.

Wayne

docdoru
05-09-2011, 06:48 AM
High compression pistons, camshafts, high flow aircleaner, juice box and fuel pressure modifier (all sourced thru evoluzione), and Micron exhaust. All I did was the engine surgery, the owner did the final tuning. All work was done with the engine in the frame, however, it is not for the 'light of skills' person to tackle:yikes:. The job would have been a lot easier if I'd had a scissor-type ring compressor:2thumbs:.

Wayne

See you on the strip at SpyderFest 2012...:D
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/2011-04-07_16-02-23_99.jpg?t=1304941638

Firefly
05-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Wayne

So by 'final tuning' - do you mean just adjusting the fuel pressure?

Any concerns about the clutch like many have had with the Turbo?

docdoru
05-09-2011, 08:00 AM
So by 'final tuning' - do you mean just adjusting the fuel pressure?
...maybe a little shot of nitrous? :D:roflblack:

sxonwls
05-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Final tuning was a pretty simple process, adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator are simple and straight forward. Pressure is checked by simply hooking up a pressure gauge to the regulator. I think I run about 60 psi. I have run it as low as 56, but for longevity I would suggest 58-60 psi. I do not run a Juice Box, at the time of the original install i don't believe they offered a product for the Spyder. If i was going to take things a step further I would add a Power Commander with Auto Tune function. We run these on our snowmobiles here in MN and its a great tuning product and I believe they now offer custom maps to download off of their website. I havent experianced any clutch problems yet??? Thanks again for all the feedback on both bikes, I guess that is why this is such a great site. We can all have a little fun with our fellow Spyder riders.

Firefly
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Final tuning was a pretty simple process, adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator are simple and straight forward. Pressure is checked by simply hooking up a pressure gauge to the regulator. I think I run about 60 psi. I have run it as low as 56, but for longevity I would suggest 58-60 psi. I do not run a Juice Box, at the time of the original install i don't believe they offered a product for the Spyder. If i was going to take things a step further I would add a Power Commander with Auto Tune function. We run these on our snowmobiles here in MN and its a great tuning product and I believe they now offer custom maps to download off of their website. I havent experianced any clutch problems yet??? Thanks again for all the feedback on both bikes, I guess that is why this is such a great site. We can all have a little fun with our fellow Spyder riders.

One note on adjusting the fuel pressure-- make sure and disconnect the Fuel Pressure Regulator hose on the left side of the box when setting your pressure -- otherwise it will not be correct.

I was running mine as high as 60 psi-- and it was just too much. Even lowered down to 52 seemed to still be rich--- biker buddies behind me said they smelled gas a lot. So prior to Cuba I lowered it to around 48 psi and things seem okay with less gas smell.

I'm running a JB and o2 mod with Evoluzione race intake setup. Sorry I didn't get to see you run that beast-- I was probably down blocking traffic during that time....:D

I pretty much got waxed in the performance testing. There was only 1 guy I beat-- but he had a bad start off the line and stalled-- so I backed up after like 100 feet to run again and ended up in line with someone else. Guess I'll take that as a win.... Other close race was with GIjoe-- I got him off the line but he caught me near the finish--was pretty close.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
A funny thing happened on the way to starting to type this posting...
Whenever I hear of somebody trailering a bike anywhere, I think "Awwww; what a shame!"
But then I caught a whiff of the "It's his bike and let him enjoy it in his own way" sentiment... (Thanks HDX!):thumbup:
I've got to admit that the latter seems to be a much more reasonable way to act and think...

"Each to his own notion.", sad the old woman as she kissed the cow...

Now I've got to go clean all of the grime off of my Spyder... ;) :D

tatt2r
05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
if yours looked like this, you'd probably trailer it too.......

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11745&d=1302661585
:2thumbs:

I'd still ride it

pauly1
05-11-2011, 07:02 AM
See you on the strip at SpyderFest 2012...:D
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/2011-04-07_16-02-23_99.jpg?t=1304941638

Looks like fun. Can I help?:dontknow:

docdoru
05-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Looks like fun. Can I help?:dontknow:
Yes: how low can a go with the compression on order to keep the turbo?