PDA

View Full Version : AAA towing

prmurat
05-05-2011, 11:03 AM
In CA, AAA does accept towing of motorcycles for their members (only for their insurance clients).... Does anyone know AAA position on towing Spyders?
Thanks.
Philippe

Dudley
05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
In CA, AAA does accept towing of motorcycles for their members (only for their insurance clients).... Does anyone know AAA position on towing Spyders?
Thanks.
Philippe

The way to get the most correct answer is to call AAA. I have AAA plus for motorcycles.

NancysToy
05-05-2011, 03:37 PM
As far as I know, in the US, standard AAA road service does not tow bikes (it may if they are insured with AAA?), but AAA Plus does.

stevedfive
05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
"Optional RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change Service for $37 per member household per membership year"

Saluda
05-05-2011, 04:49 PM
AMA offers road service with a membership package and they lobby for us too.

WJS
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Your insurance company might offer it. I know Foremost does.

boborgera
05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
AMA offers road service with a membership package and they lobby for us too.

:agree::thumbup::thumbup:

boborgera
05-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I have Triple tow coverage, AMA, Foremost, And my sons with one of my trailer's. My Sons have to come get me,
Or there out of the Inheritance :D:roflblack:
Once my trailer broke down, and they came with a bigger trailer to put the broken trailer on.:yikes:

aka1004
05-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Requires rv/moto coverage but tow distance is 100 miles for motorcycle even if you have premium plan with 200 mile tow.
If you break down in Nevada, Nevada AAA does not tow motorcycle and you were to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed from cal AAA.
Both time I broke down in Nevada I had to fight both cal and nv AAA hard to get AAA in NV to tow and bill cal AAA. I was still under cal AAA at the time.

On the side note, aaa does not cover key locked in trunk of motorcycle like they do on cars.

bone crusher
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
get the BEST warranty...without it, it won't matter if they tow your bike if it's over 2 years old and you have a $1000 problem...

Get the BRP policy that will cover towing and repair...

KipDM
05-06-2011, 02:57 AM
in CA :spyder2:'s don't require a motorcycle license so.....tell AAA to man up and come tow your 'car' :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

clueless
05-06-2011, 10:56 AM
have the BEST warranty for the Spyder ... but for car and Harley and backup to the spyder have Road America. not the RA thru Harley as that is Harley only

http://www.road-america.com/ca/ru/ridersup_app.asp

RA is the company behind BRP as well I think... I have any mfg 2 bikes and 2 car package. and tow anywhere up to $200. comes in handy as opposed to mfg towing when they will only tow to nearest dealer. what if dealer is CLOSED. I dont want to leave my bike outside their shop overnight unprotected.

the AAA here in PA required the RV level to tow motorcycles and that level is alot more then the AAA standard or plus levels.