PDA

View Full Version : Frunk Liner

Buckaroo
05-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Does anyone have the liner made by BRP for the frunk? If so, what do you think? I am thinking about getting one but the $150+ price is turning me off. If there are any alternatives, I would appreciate knowing about them. Thanks.:helpsmilie:

StriperKing
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Mine came with one but I would not spend 150.00 for it. Just my openion. I cut the elastic off of mine and I like it much better now. If you are a little handy I would line the frunk with something.

SpyderAnn01
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM
They are nice but can be frustrating. It has a rubber U channel that holds it in place and it has a tendency to fall off if you bump it. If you close the trunk and the rubber is not in the proper place it can be difficult to open the trunk.

NancysToy
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Both our Spyders (GS & RTS) have them. I really like them. The pockets are handy, and the liner prevents helmet scratches when I put my lid inside.

happyspyder2039
05-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I have one and like it alot. Makes the frunk look nice and the pockets are helpfull to store extra relays, park pass cards, ect... Also nice to protect the helmets. So I say get one. I found a deal on it Ebay for under 100.00

Dragonrider
05-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I bought one for my RS, and got one with my RT. I really like it - allows you to velcro things to it, as a side benefit.

Watch E-bay - if you're patient, you can get a deal. I bought the one for the RS for $40 + shipping...

bikeguy
05-03-2011, 11:05 PM
We bought one from the dealer and I don't remember now just what it cost. My wife thought they looked nice so she's the one who bought it. I like the pockets, got a quart of oil stuck in one in case I need some oil on the road. The downside is that we could get two modular helmets in it before adding the liner and now can get only one in.

Cotton

Raptor
05-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I like mine as well. They are very handy but they do take up some room in the frunk. No free lunch and all that...

jedd
05-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I like mine I keep all my Ins. and Registration Letherman Tool flashlight in the pockets makes it easy to access when trunk is filled with clothes.

But I didn't realize I paid 150 for it maybe I should pay more attention when I say yeah give me 1 of them too.....:shocked:

Jim:thumbup:

KipDM
05-04-2011, 12:41 AM
i have the frunk liner and love it.
not sure if it really is worth $150, but still glad i got it.
the 3 pockets are useful, as is the built in bungee on the floor of it.
my only complaint is the u-channel that holds it in place makes the weatherstripping come off easier. just last night i came home (after dark) and pulled my passenger seat bag out of my frunk and the weatherstripping and i had no idea...until my lid would not close. so i felt around (never use the headlight override) and had to put stripping back in place.

that and i HATE how cheap/barren the frunk looks "standard".
just my $0.02

Yfactor
05-04-2011, 01:46 AM
My PE came with it and loved it so much I bought the rear trunk liner. They are so much easier on items stored in them with the liners.

:clap:

arntufun
05-04-2011, 04:47 AM
I have a trunk liner and I do like it. And it looks really sharp. All BRP accessories are overpriced IMO because there is no competition with manufactures that produces these products. Take for instance the Hindle exhaust. They charge $629.00 for an exhaust (also remember the heat shield rattle) with comparable sound to another brand for $229.00. That's a $400.00 difference for the Can Am stamp on it. But if we want the Spyder a label on it, we going to have to pay top dollar for all these products. Good luck with your decision.

Bob Denman
05-04-2011, 06:52 AM
[QUOTE=Dragonrider;315068]
Watch E-bay... QUOTE]
:agree: I just put one in my A&C and like the way that it finishes up the Frunk. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Bought the liners for the GS and RS. The RTS came with it. I like the liner since it helps with protecting the helmet from getting scratched. IMO the $150 price is way to high for what you get.

Star Cruiser
05-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Both our Spyders (GS & RTS) have them. I really like them. The pockets are handy, and the liner prevents helmet scratches when I put my lid inside.
:agree: