PDA

View Full Version : Made it Home safe

Mo Lee
05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Now that Spyderfest 2011 is over we need one more thing out of everyone. (Please post and let us know you made it home safe!) I think there was enough attendees from various locations to keep this thread near the top for a few days. Thanks

GloryRyders
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
:agree:We made it safe and sound and no rain.........thank you Lord:2thumbs:

Papa
05-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Had to leave Saturday morning in the wind storm so we could attend the MS Walk to help raise funds to fins a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. My wife wass dx'd in 2005 but still is able to ride a bit (we were on the Hermann ride).

Can't say enough about the event. Cowtown and Len made us feel like family . . . met some of the nicest people imaginable. MO Gang - you guys rock. Thanks for all the hard work and planning that went into the event.

spydermonkey4
05-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Spydermonkey4 mde it home safely BEFORE THE RAIN!!!!!! Ironton Missouri. See you all later. I had a great time.

SpyderMeLucky
05-01-2011, 04:03 PM
We're home, unpacked and reading the threads. Had the BEST time at SpyderFest. LOVED every minute of it. Thanks to everyone who organized the rides, the events, the food, entertainment, the vendors...It was pure awesomeness!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to next year. Met some of the nicest people--can't say all because I haven't met all of you yet. Hehe

The bikes were one of the coolest things, too. Loved seeing how everyone put their spin on dressing their :spyder2:s up and how so many of the mods were unique. Thanks for all who spent time showing us all their special stuff (i.e. seats --Ultimate, Corbin, Russel Day-Long, etc.).

I learned so much about the unique mods and how they can really make the bike just that much cooler.

To tell you the truth, I'm exhausted and glad to be home (no place like it), but I would've liked ONE more day to just chat and view more of the bikes... (and maybe done one more small ride just for the heck of it). LOL

Can't wait until we all meet again.

Safe travels to those still on the road and wishes for good weather, too!!

SteveMac
05-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Home safe and sound. A bit wet, but no biggie!

We had a great time, met some great folks and really appreciated Cowtown. We bought our RT before we found out about this site or had a chance to meet Len and the gang at Cowtown. They are super nice folks, and we intend to use them for any service work or if we trade up some day. It will make for an hour longer drive to get service, but that just an hour more ryding. They won us over as a future customer!

Connie at the Wagon Wheel was great also, and Cuba in general was very welcoming.

And lest I forget. Thanks MOGang for putting together a great event.

We plan on attending in 2012 and spending more time getting to know even more folks!

Steve and Connie McAnelly

xpeschon
05-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I am home as well.. Thanks for starting this one MoLee..

X-Joe

ArmyJoe
05-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Home safe. No citations, but I did get a warning in Cuba. :lecturef_smilie:

ETA: I rode with dltang, bjt, and nancystoy all the way to Indianapolis, before they headed north. I passed rogerb twice, once in Indiana and once in Ohio.

fastfraser
05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
:ohyea: Home safe and sound . Left Sat. for the 14 hour trip .

StriperKing
05-01-2011, 05:27 PM
StriperKing and Wife are home fine. We ran through a little rain at the Illinois/Indiana border but no big deal. Did get home to find out my rear shock has bit the big one like so many other RT owners, Guess it is time to get the Elka for the rear now. Heard to many storys of people on their 3rd or 4th rear stock shock. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.

dancogan
05-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I left Friday AM so I could get home to see the grandkids here for a short visit and see our son perform with the Ann Arbor Symphony Saturday night as a substitute bass player.

What a great time in Cuba! So proud I was able to contribute to the Friday Backpacks funding.

owens9fingers
05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Spiderwoman and I made it home. :ohyea: Another good ride, plus a lot of good memories!! Had a GREAT TIME !! Thanks to ALL !! :clap:

retired1
05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Just got home!
A BIG THANKS to Len, Rick and the whole Cowtown staff, as well as the Mo Gang, Joy and others who stepped up to help and BRP for the monetary contribution and the techs and reps.
It was great renewing old friendships and meeting new acquaintances.
With the Spyder family in a growth spurt, it will be interesting to see what next year has to offer.
Personally, I would like to see this event remain Spyder owners and their close friends, raher than turn this into a "bike" rally, which I heard someone express this idea Saturday night.
Just my opinion!

dabreitbach
05-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Got home about an hour ago. Dry all the way. Had a great time. Can't wait till next year. Great job cowtown and all the gang!!!!!!:clap::2thumbs:

SpyderLady
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Paladent and I made it home safe and sound. Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful time.:clap::clap::clap:

NancysToy
05-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm in Battle Creek, safe and sound. We had light rain briefly near Indianapolis, but otherwise clear and dry travel. Thanks to the whole Cowtown gang and the Mo Gang for putting together an absolutely incredible event. It ranks on the level with many national events hosted by very large organizations. You can all be proud of having produced an event the really is outstanding!

BumbleBee
05-01-2011, 06:10 PM
G-Man, Firebug, and I are home too, tired a bit (going to take me a week to catch up on some sleep) :D

Now back to the daily chores of a housewife, second load of laundry almost done :thumbup:

Was great seeing all my friends and meeting many new ones. :ohyea:2thumbs:

Wish you all a safe trip home, see you all next year :D

dltang
05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
BJT and I got home about 45 minutes ago. He went to pick up the dogs and I started the laundry. We are tired but safe and sound. Thank you again for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trickie Dick
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
We left early and got home about 12:30. We also ran into a little rain just outside Indy.
We had a great time, as usual, with all the great people. Our special thanks to Len & his people at Cowtown, the MO gang, and the town of Cuba for hosting such a fun even.

JJW SpyderRider
05-01-2011, 07:30 PM
JJW SpyderRider made it home safe and dry!:ohyea:

This was one great event and I want to thank Len, the whole MO gang, and all the others that worked to put this thing together! :firstplace:

I also want to thank all the people at this event. It was like one big family. :2thumbs: I was able to walk up to anyone new and they were very open and we were able to talk like we were old friends. I look forward to coming back to Cuba to meet everyone again. :yes:

SpyderAnn01
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Carousel 1958 and I stopped for the night in Gilman, Il. It was raining hard and was cold.

kuroneko81
05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
the wifey & i made it home last night…left after the bbq on saturday to beat the rain.

we had an AWESOME time!! thanks to cowtown, len, mogang, & everyone else involved in making such a fantastic event!!

cant wait till next year!! :clap:

bonehead
05-01-2011, 07:43 PM
We made it home safety also. Had a great time, GREAT EVENT,GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT TOWN, GREAT DEALER. Thanks to all who put this event together, we cant wait till next year!!!!:yes::yes::yes:

tofriendscreek
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Left Cuba at 11:15 this morning. With stops (potty and fuel) we were home by 4:30. Drive was uneventful, mostly cloudy, but totally dry. It started raining about 5:15 and still is.

Another WOW, what an event!!!! Every person, in every way. THANKS to all involved for a totally awesome experience. :2thumbs:

teacherbob
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Spyder Bill and I made it home around 1:30 on Sunday. Hit a little rain but not too bad.
We had a great time. Loved seeing all the :spyder2:. It was nice to be among my own kind for a change. I'm usually the only Spyder in with all the Harleys etc. Big thanks to Len and everyone that helped put this event together.

Remember we are giving 10% off on all orders the entire month of May.
The coupon code is Spyderfest 2011.

Hope to see everyone again next year.:2thumbs:

Bob
Teacherbob
PowerSports4Less

wolfee
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Made to my sisters house outside of Nashville. Only hit rain twice on the way. I'll be heading bac to Iowa On Thursday. Giving that new Ultimate seat a workout.

jimclarkf1
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
This is the PARROT HEAD guy, made it home safe also, cold with 5 layers on, and NO RAIN. THE PRAYERS WORKED AGAIN:clap: :thumbup:

SteveMac
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Left Cuba at 11:15 this morning. With stops (potty and fuel) we were home by 4:30. Drive was uneventful, mostly cloudy, but totally dry. It started raining about 5:15 and still is.

Another WOW, what an event!!!! Every person, in every way. THANKS to all involved for a totally awesome experience. :2thumbs:

Nice meeting you and Lori. Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Yazz
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Me and Hubby are in Mound City MO. Got a few sprinkles but were dried out before reaching the hotel. Yay! No drippy things hanging in the shower. :D

It was great to meet up with old friends and make new ones, discover what Spydee could and couldn't do, and feel the warmth and friendlyness that only Cuba can offer.

Thank you Mo Gang for an excellent Spyderfest. :bowdown::firstplace:

nsuregal
05-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Hubby and I made it home about 2:30pm. Hit rain about Lebanon to Ozark, but, not bad. We had a great time at Spyderfest. Enjoyed meeting everyone and checking out the mod to everyone's Spyder. Ready for the next get together.:ohyea:

ehagerman
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for making this year's event fantastic. Both Ernie and I enjoyed spending time with a great group of people. How great it would be to have this kind of event where we can all get together more often.

spyderwatey
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Home safe to Waunakee Wi. about 2:30 p.m. Had a windy ride back, but no rain. Had a really great time. Thanks to everyone who made it so. One of the first things I did when I got home was take a walk. After all the good food and riding, I needed some exercise. Thanks Mo for leading the ride around the Fort. I am 1 of them who tried to get in the wrong gate.:ohyea:

Spyderal11
05-01-2011, 08:15 PM
:pray: we made it back pulled in the garage and it started to rain, but we had a super time the last several days hated to come back, we met alot of great people and a special thanks to the cowtown group for making us feel welcome and to the Linn and the mo gang group for the great job they did. Again thanks.

ehagerman
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
My wife and I arrived home in Hot Springs. Had a little rain but it certainly didn't put a damper on all the friends and fun we had in Cuba. Can't wait until next year.

retread
05-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Got home around 2 PM, light rain (heavy mist) the last 5 miles or so, unpacked, made some calls to calm down people who weren't told I was going, started looking forward to next year.
Thanks to everyone who made this week possible, good times, Great People.

john

orangespy
05-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Tony and I made it home around 3 safe and sound as well. Thanks again to all of you for a wonderful time.

jedd
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM
SethO and myself were in at noonish he is staying here tonight heading up to dirt town Monday

All is well here

Jim:thumbup:

cjackg
05-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Made it back to Chattanooga TN about an hr ago. We were passed about an hr above Nashville by a lone flying Huligan that sure looked like Doc !

cyclelover63
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
My wife and I left sunday morning and arrived home safe,sound and dry sunday afternoon...Being fairly new Spyder owners,we had a blast..Lots of friendly people,and some awesome and different bikes..Thanks to all of the workers who spent their weekend making sure we had fun.We are looking forward to next year!!!

jwhatman
05-01-2011, 10:00 PM
jwhatman and mjw930 made it to Maggie Valley,NC with little fan fare, thank God! We did hit a bit of rain in the afternoon but it looks to be sunny skies for the most part for the rest of our trip. We'll stay here and do some riding tomorrow, after hubby recovers from some of the driving the twisties to get here with a 16ft trailer behind him. It was a bit of a challenge and I give him Kudos for a job well done. We had an awesome time at spyderfest and was very impressed how smoothly things ran. You Missouri folks know how to clear a food line fast! The rides were very well orchestrated and ran very smoothly. Thank you. This was one of the most organized and most enjoyable event we have ever been to. THANK YOU!
Joyce

CyncySpyder
05-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Sorry we had to leave early, we were having so much fun. Thank you to everyone for a unique week of memories that will last a lifetime :bowdown:

Teddy is sore, on pain meds & anti-Inflamatories & 2weeks of R&R. Thinking if the swelling goes down, we'll be able to get his floating patella/ligament to be able to be "popped" back in & all will be good again :pray: & he won't need surgery :yikes:

So good to actually meet so many of you & put a face & personality to your Avatars:thumbup: Thank you ALL!

chickenhoose
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Like everyone else, I want to thank everyone that had a part in making Spyderfest the greatest vacation i have had in a long time. It is the people that made the difference. We all had a common interest in Spyders and respected the hard work that Len and the Mo gang gave to us as guest.
Another note, the citizens of Cuba were great to make me feel welcomed ' hats off to you.
thanks, Jerry White

3tracs
05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
besides a temperamental oil pressure sensor which will hopefully be replaced this week!

Before that happens though, I'll be scraping almost 300 miles of Missouri bugs off the front end! :yikes:

Big thanks to Cowtown and the MoGang for arranging such a great event, I hope to see you all next year!

Harry "3TRACS"

spydermonkey4
05-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Now that Spyderfest 2011 is over we need one more thing out of everyone. (Please post and let us know you made it home safe!) I think there was enough attendees from various locations to keep this thread near the top for a few days. Thanks
Interested in joining the MO GANG. I was at spyderfest, great time. I am a new spyder owner. I live in Ironton MO. Thanks

Barbwire
05-01-2011, 11:11 PM
We be home too!!!! Had a blast enjoyed meeting everyone.:ohyea:

clueless
05-02-2011, 12:54 AM
stopped at bfast late but got food ;)

then cowtown

then highway for 8 hours (we outran the RAIN) yeah considering riding to Spyderfest was miserable in the Rain. We had to run the RT down rt 44 and through St Louis to Rt 70 at avg 80 to 85 mphs speeds to keep ahead but stayed dry. Was windy for first part of the ride but after St Louis was better and could really get moving ...

We are at Indianapolis, IN ... overnight stop. rain has caught us now but at least 1st day of ride was dry.

RT didnt complain at all pushing it 80 to 85 mphs on the highway only stopping for gas every 125 miles.... then back on quick to stay dry.

so one day down one to go ... be home tomorrow night :ohyea:

GREAT Time meeting everyone ... too many to list but will have to upload some pics soon ...

Clueless
aka Earl

dave01
05-02-2011, 06:03 AM
I made it home safe and sound.....oh yeah....I didn't make it to Spyderfest....Next year, no excuses

Mo Lee
05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Interested in joining the MO GANG. I was at spyderfest, great time. I am a new spyder owner. I live in Ironton MO. Thanks
You don't have to do anything special, just join us and help when you can. We are just a bunch of unorganized friends that came together because of a great machine.

MouthPiece
05-02-2011, 06:06 AM
I made it home safe and sound.....oh yeah....I didn't make it to Spyderfest....Next year, no excuses

I'm with you Dave. I'll be there next year too.

Chris

dave01
05-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Made it back to Chattanooga TN about an hr ago. We were passed about an hr above Nashville by a lone flying Huligan that sure looked like Doc !

Lol, thanks for the Doc report. He has trouble remembering to charge his Scala...lol

Mo Lee
05-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Thanks Mo for leading the ride around the Fort. I am 1 of them who tried to get in the wrong gate.:ohyea:
Thanks for joining me. Wasn't planned to happen that way however adventure is the reason we ride and things like that create memories and I'm glad we were able to regroup for the rest of the trip.

dave01
05-02-2011, 06:17 AM
You don't have to do anything special, just join us and help when you can. We are just a bunch of unorganized friends that came together because of a great machine.

Can FL XPress members get in on this too. Some say we are a bad influence.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

GloryRyders
05-02-2011, 06:35 AM

Only if you can pass the intense background check:roflblack:

Mo Lee
05-02-2011, 06:39 AM

To tell the truth there is a lot of you out there we consider long distance members. We could not do this without your support and guidance. Several stepped up and helped with the rides and that was a great help. As a matter of fact I think I need to get my T-Shirt from Doc since I became a Huligan.

dave01
05-02-2011, 07:00 AM
To tell the truth there is a lot of you out there we consider long distance members. We could not do this without your support and guidance. Several stepped up and helped with the rides and that was a great help. As a matter of fact I think I need to get my T-Shirt from Doc since I became a Huligan.

I'll send you the oficial huligan flag too

CJ/johnnyg
05-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Well We made it to Toledo Ohio on our way back to Fl. after 606 mile to visit my mom without rain just a few wet roads. We will be here a couple nights and then on to Fl the long way home. (Back roads) johnnyg did let me drive my first 100 miles on interstate( I 70) through Indianapolis. We will be leaving out here Tues AM it looks like back through rain, we will give an up date when we arrive home. Great spyderfest thanks to all and it was great to meet a few new :spyder2: lovers and reunited with a few old. CJ

frank3
05-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Home safe but DPS problem 5 mile short of the house.

napper39
05-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks to MoGang and Cowtown for a wonderful time.Got home yesterday afternoon.Really enjoyed meeting everyone I have talked to the last several months.I am glad I had a chance to help Carol,another spyderlover and very nice lady.Looking forward to doing this again.Also,thanks to Lamonte for all his help.Loved the performance testing.:chat::clap::2thumbs:

Peacemaker7
05-02-2011, 08:42 AM
We made it home safe and sound to Alabama. Met with some trouble trying to cross the Mississippi river near Cairo, IL. We ran into a little bit of rain, skirted the rest near Ft. Campbell KY.

Machinegunner
05-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Ron and Frenchie made it home Sunday night. No headlight or starting issues. Thanks Kurt. Was 44 degees and rain when we left for Cowtown, was 44 degrees and wind when we got home. Nice to be just in side the Artic Circle again. Had a wonderful time, met many wonderful people, will look forward Maggie Valley and next year. Thank you so much!

Some Guy
05-02-2011, 09:07 AM
I made it home yesterday in about 10.5 hours which included plenty of rest stops. No rain at all, even though the forecast said I was going to get pretty wet. :thumbup:

A big thank you to the Mo Gang and everyone else involved with this awesome event. :2thumbs:

It was great seeing my SpyderLover friends again.

Mike

Cal777
05-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Connie and I made it home last night in time to watch desperate housewives!:yes:

Rudy

ThreeFeet
05-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Left Cowtown around 1600ish got to St James and RAIN!!! waited too long! But Trailer and Bike washed out really nice!!! Now WHERE did I put the dirty laundry???:yikes: Thanks to all who came and made this THE EVENT of the year!!!!:yes::firstplace: In my book anyway. Kudos to the "WRENCHES" Kevin, Mike,M &M and Dan, the girls at the parts desk and to say nothing about the GREAT help from the WHOLE Cowtown family. WHAT A MO GANG they are!!!:firstplace::firstplace::yes:

BMW
05-02-2011, 12:59 PM
at home safe and sound. Thanks len and mo. gang for a great wkend. Looking forward to next year. :popcorn::popcorn::firstplace: igive y'all :clap::clap::clap::clap:

bullant12
05-02-2011, 01:01 PM
See my post (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=314335#post314335) Glad to be home in one piece and with our dogs!!

Bootie
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Got home yesterday (Sunday) after spending the night in Cinci with family. I sure had a good time at Spyderfest and riding with the Ohio bunch was lots of fun. We got soaked on Wednesday but misery likes company:mad:. The trip home was dry, for the most part.:D
Also,
Good riddance to Osama bin Laden, I hope he enjoys his 26 virgins:yes:I guess he'll get a chance to see what "wet-and-wild" means from the middle of the ocean.:clap:
See y'all at Maggie Valley.

NorthStar
05-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Good 4000 km trip to Cuba and back. A little rain, a lot of sun, and best of all a super get together.

Been to a large number of rallies over the years and I must admit that Spyderfest is hands down the best "ride in" we have ever attended. Helmets off to the Mo Gang volunteers and Cowtown for sharing southern hospitality with us northern folks.

Thanks again for putting on such a special event.;)

SpyderAnn01
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Got home about an hour ago it was cold but dry. I already miss MO and your cheap gas! I had the best time. Thanks.

BikerDoc
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
We rode 725 miles yesterday and 350 today to arrive home at 1:30pm & much drier and less windblown than our journey there. Sign me up for Spyderfest 2012!! Incredible event. thank you

docdoru
05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Florida x-Press is in....Florida! :D

SpyderDeb
05-02-2011, 04:07 PM
pauly1 and I made it home safe :) What a great event! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! to everyone involved!!!!! :thumbup: :firstplace: :thumbup:

Paula(Butch2025)
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
We made it home safe and sound, today around 2:30pm. The only rain we hit was a we were leaving Hannibal, MO after having lunch with SpyderAnn and Boots, rode in the rain for about 45 minutes then the sun came out! However when we woke up in Waterloo the next morning is was only 32 degrees and as we headed north to home it only got to 35, but no snow! What a great weekend! Thanks Cowtown and everyone else who helped put SpyderFest together and the great people of Cuba for hosting us.
--Paula

MSGTDOC
05-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Pam and I just got in the door we didn't have much rain.

gene0108
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Just walking in the door. Left yesterday morning around 9:00am. Took I-44 south to Rolla, then south on highway 63. Had heavy rain all along 63 and ran into a washout of the road in Black Rock. Road was one lane. While we were waiting on the other lane to go I was talking to a highway worker. There was a crosswind of 60-62mph. It almost took our helmets off. BUT the spyders ran great in the wind. It was 51 degrees and rained all the way to West Memphis.
Thanks to Len and John the new shocks made a world of difference. They changed my shocks at 12:05am Saturday night after the dinner. THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Rhonda and myself had a fantastic vacation. We met alot of great people.
I would like to thank all of the people who made this event possible. Looking forward to next year. I am selling my rainsuit.......I will never ride in rain again,,,,I will never ride in rain again......LOL...

kencraft
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Made it in about 6 pm. Rode 2385 miles. It could not have been any better, THANK YOU to every one involved. Ken Craft

Firefly
05-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Made it home Monday night. Tina and I took 2 days to come home--- stayed over in Springfield Illinois and then on home from there. Not great weather on the way home -- but no rain to speak of....:thumbup:

Great time with everyone as usual....:thumbup:

murphybrown
05-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Had a great first day's ryde...thru the backroads from Cuba...started out with 1 layer of underarmor and raingear...sun all the way...beautiful countryside to ryde thru...Got to Macon, MO..needed fuel...local also filling her car..asked where to eat...she said right over there..that is where all the locals eat!!!! Said that ones the right one...got there...oh oh floorboard loose...like realllllly lose....parked went in little restaurant that you would never know was...little brick house that looked like it needed just a FEW repairs...hand printed sign says lunch only/cash only...inside it was out of a grass roots story...old chrome sets for tables..still allow smoking in an area...maybe total 10 tables...locals talking and eating...this couple said hey you ryde that thing out there...said I did got ready to sit at a table and they said come join us...how totally delightful they were (tried to convince the Mrs. that 88 she was just the right age for Spyder ryding...offered to give her a ryde!!!). Told them I needed to do a little "fixing" on my floorboard as it had lost it's nuts...oh my more than this old farmer could handle so the stories started about castrating!!! Anyway he says heck walk across the street and ask for Billy...he can fix anything. So go over and here stands a young (44) guy by a motorcycle...I say you Billy...he says no just getting bike inspected. Find Billy he is one busy dude (must be another Scotty!!!)..I said no rush not driving her this way..back over to eat & visit..soon here comes Motorcycle guy..name Darrin...start telling stories..he says heck Billy is busy I'll borrow some bolts & nuts and fix your floorboard...which he proceeded to do...amazing people. Such friendliness, hospitality and down right good folk....this has been my experience coming to Spyderfest and now heading home. Thought I could make it to St. Joseph for the night but a few miles out of Chillicothe I noticed that Ms Spyder wanted to move left or right on her own...whoops noticed driver like spacing out...NOT a good sign...so looked for first exit with motel and said done for the day...tomorrow looking like I will run across Kansas and then turn N...weather will make final decision for me.
Loved, loved, loved meeting and greeting at Spyerfest...:yes::yes:

DougB
05-03-2011, 02:17 AM
We're home

rogerb
05-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Made it home 9 last night. Mostly overcast weather coming home. Actually ideal conditions for riding. Had a great time and met great people. Realy looking forward to next year. :thumbup::firstplace:

memphisdan
05-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I loved Spyderfest, I met some great people, learned more about riding my Spyder and good food. I arrived a little early and had to leave early. The trip back was great until I got to Arkansas and kept hitting detourthro to flooding. What should have been a 275 mile ride ended up being 425. Not a bad ride but sad to see all of the flooding.

We live on an island on the Mississippi river by Memphis and we are not flooded yet but the water is projected to reach all time highs.:dontknow:

D&J's#2
05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
We left sat. after BBQ. Took about 6.5hr to get home and rode in the rain around 1/2 the time. :yes: Next SpyderFest we will get there earlier and stay later.:ohyea: Had a Great time:thumbup: Thanks to Alll :bowdown::bowdown:

tajohn
05-03-2011, 02:52 PM
We made it home safe and sound-added an extra vacation day to warm up from the cold and rain.Best event we have attended so far.
Thanks to all for making it a great event.
Tim & Annamarie (tajohn)
Cleveland,Ohio

jedd
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Update: SethO should be home tonight he stayed in the twin cities last night very cold up there but has not had any problems I told him to post when he he is in we should see a post tomorrow at the latest.

Jim :thumbup:

nudle
05-03-2011, 04:49 PM
:2thumbs:We got home today about 4 o'clock.We left Cleveland Oh at 10 o'clock in the rain and 42F rained all the way to Mississauga and didn't warm up.Had a great time at Spyderfest looking forward to next year.

SethO
05-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Update: SethO should be home tonight he stayed in the twin cities last night very cold up there but has not had any problems I told him to post when he he is in we should see a post tomorrow at the latest.

Jim :thumbup:

I got back to dirt town and went right to work, the world of dirt needed saving for about three hours, thanks a ton to jim and his family, doc, blinc, Len, everyone from the MO gang and all the others that helped me make the trip, shaking babies and kissing hands. I will update the whole misadventure when I am not out riding.

34 degrees yesterday on the MN, IA border was the suck.

Riversong
05-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Lillian and I made it home safely last night. We took a different route home to St. Augustine that took us through Tuscaloosa Alabama. All I can say is please pray for that City and the families who lost loved ones along with all their possessions. It was total devastation. I pray all got home safe.

murphybrown
05-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Nice ryde to here...found the deal of the motel world. Highly recommend if you have Broken Bow, NE on your travel agenda. MOTEL 12..incredibly nice people, spotless clean room, VERY reasonable ($29.)...was planning on heading N in a.m. but Ms Spyder is getting touchy about shifting..so doing an hours backtrack to North Platte dealership..then will see what after that. Flexible on when, where I need to be...where I don't want to be is broke down on one of these backroads I keep finding to ryde on. Farm houses can be few and farm between...weather gorgeous .. just enjoying the moment. Had a bolt loosen on my SealFloorBoards...HD dealership in St. Joseph, MO was great...asked him if he wanted me to sneak around back and he said Hell no...we park great rydes out in front so the world can see 'em...offered to pay him for his time & effort..looked at me like I had lost any good sense I had left...and said heck no...so I said well then you get a HUG...gave him a big hug and he said dang I'm going to quit charging $$ and go for the hugs...lol on all ... another blessing for me to pay forward... :2thumbs:

ronv
05-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Pulled in the driveway about two hours ago.

1470 miles, rain, cold, wind, heat you name it we had some it!

Haven't had so much fun in years.

What an awesome event...Well worth the trip.

Got to admire my wife, the trip back from Cuba was the first ryde that she has ever made over 25 miles. And she is still speaking to me!

Big congratulations to everyone who was involved with setting up and and operating the fest.

Ron
(The one with the hose stuck up his nose)

SpyderAnn01
05-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Ronv that is cool that your wife made the long trip and is still speaking to you. And Murphybrown you are an inspiration to a lot of us. Thanks for keeping us up to date on where you are. :2thumbs:

Mo Lee
05-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Pulled in the driveway about two hours ago.

1470 miles, rain, cold, wind, heat you name it we had some it!

Haven't had so much fun in years.

What an awesome event...Well worth the trip.

Got to admire my wife, the trip back from Cuba was the first ryde that she has ever made over 25 miles. And she is still speaking to me!

Big congratulations to everyone who was involved with setting up and and operating the fest.

Ron
(The one with the hose stuck up his nose)
Sorry I did not get to meet you at Spyderfest. I saw on the map someone was from that area and never figured out who. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca years ago and have a good friend who is still there and lives in Hereford (Harley Rider), anyway thanks for coming maybe next time.

SpyderLady
05-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Sorry we had to leave early, we were having so much fun. Thank you to everyone for a unique week of memories that will last a lifetime :bowdown:

Teddy is sore, on pain meds & anti-Inflamatories & 2weeks of R&R. Thinking if the swelling goes down, we'll be able to get his floating patella/ligament to be able to be "popped" back in & all will be good again :pray: & he won't need surgery :yikes:

So good to actually meet so many of you & put a face & personality to your Avatars:thumbup: Thank you ALL!

Great news, but please after the knee is back in place realize it can and WILL happen again. I had a dog that had that on both knees. We eventually did surgery on just the worst one and it was a world of difference. When he is back on the road with you just don't have him jumping up as much. Take care of that little guy he is so neat!!:2thumbs:

G-Man
05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Someone hasn't made it home yet..? :shocked: