PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Good Dealer

Clinty76
04-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm in the North Dallas area and I've been dealing with Richardson Motorsports.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them concerning service and maintenance.

Or, do you have any recommendations on a really good dealer that you have used.

YOUBET
04-28-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm in the North Dallas area and I've been dealing with Richardson Motorsports.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them concerning service and maintenance.

Or, do you have any recommendations on a really good dealer that you have used.

I purchased my Spyder used with 1100 miles on it from a guy who lived in Richardson at that time and had the Spyder serviced there one time. He had no problem with their service; however I did. They had changed the oil and filter. I could not remove the drain plugs because someone had torqued them way too tight and not used the copper washers that should have been on both of them. (I do my own oil and filter changes).

Folks around here regularly brag about Granbury Motorsports. I've purchased a few things from them, but no service to date. I do have an appointment (well, they are supposed to call) to have the recall on the steering unit accomplished. I know it is a long way for you and probably not practical, but just a little info...

Cheers,

Vegaspearlbaby
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I love the guys at Granbury Motorsports - the crew there are really helpful and thus far seem to have done a great job on the few things that I've had done on my :spyder2: I know its a little way for you to travel, but it would be worth the trip.

I bought my baby via Troy at North Texas Yamaha in Lewisville and they were nice people over there too, even though I have no experience of their maintenance shop.

- Sarah

Clinty76
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I love the guys at Granbury Motorsports - the crew there are really helpful and thus far seem to have done a great job on the few things that I've had done on my :spyder2: I know its a little way for you to travel, but it would be worth the trip.

I bought my baby via Troy at North Texas Yamaha in Lewisville and they were nice people over there too, even though I have no experience of their maintenance shop.

- Sarah

Thanks for the tip! I talked to Troy today and he was great. He really understood what I was going through concerning upgrading to the RT-S. They gave me a much better offer!

arvoaussie
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
glad it worked for you...i will be getting my spyder from Grandbury talked to Mr. Pierce on the phone and great guy and answered all my questions. Looking forward to getting down to brass tacks and getting it ordered. I am going to get my license first so I can just enjoy learning lol

Clinty76
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Wow, what a difference in dealers! I worked out a deal with North Texas Yamaha to trade in my 2011 RSS for the 2011 RTS. Troy was very helpful and knowledgable.

They introduced me to their service manager and he gave me a tour of the service area and introduced me to the 2 techs that work on primarily Spyders.

After introducing me to everyone Troy gave me a tour of the bike itself! It was very detailed showing me every nook and cranny.

At the previous dealer I bought the RSS from, none of this was done. Basically I signed the papers and they pulled it out and said thank you.

Mattman
10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Bought my Spyder from North Texas Yamaha and they've been helpful and nice. However, their knowledge of the Can Am accessories and how they work has been pretty limited. Anybody in the metroplex that is a good go-to dealer for Spyder add ons?

SpyderRoches
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Bought my RT from Troy at NorthTexas Yamaha as well. He is very knowledgeable and an all around great guy! My first service took less than a half day so overall I'm pleased with the dealer.

SpyderRoches
10-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I do agree with Mattman, I haven't found anyone yet that does after market stuff well.

SpyderRoches
10-10-2011, 12:44 PM
The best advice I'm getting is from the folks in my Spyder club (Spyder RYders of North Texas). Come join us!