PDA

View Full Version : Almost to Cuba

nccruiser
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Left Raleigh NC Sunday made it to Bristol Va. despite getting run into bar ditch by 18 wheeler on Va58 a great bike road supposedly closed to truckers. Guess he couldn't read sign. Monday dodged hail and tornados to Bowling Green Ky. Tuesday saw lots of rain early then a 90 mile detour around Cairo Il to get across Mississippi. US 60/51 closed from KY side. Only interstate bridges getting across. Back to Paducah then north to Vienna west to I57 and south again. Spending tonight in Sikeston Mo. Onwards to Cuba in the morning will be there around noon on Wed. Not just a trip but also an adventure. Looking forward to seeing everyone. nccruiser & wife/ Greg & Kathy

BikerDoc
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
:congrats: you have already had an exciting adventure and you aren't even at Spyderfest yet.. it can only get better and better

nudle
04-26-2011, 05:52 PM
:2thumbs: We are in collinsville just east of St.Louis to nite.Great ride to day no rain but very gusty winds.We have about 100 miles to Cuba be there around noon

dltang
04-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Left Raleigh NC Sunday made it to Bristol Va. despite getting run into bar ditch by 18 wheeler on Va58 a great bike road supposedly closed to truckers. Guess he couldn't read sign. Monday dodged hail and tornados to Bowling Green Ky. Tuesday saw lots of rain early then a 90 mile detour around Cairo Il to get across Mississippi. US 60/51 closed from KY side. Only interstate bridges getting across. Back to Paducah then north to Vienna west to I57 and south again. Spending tonight in Sikeston Mo. Onwards to Cuba in the morning will be there around noon on Wed. Not just a trip but also an adventure. Looking forward to seeing everyone. nccruiser & wife/ Greg & Kathy

Continue to press onward and ride safe, the gang is slowly pouring in. Your story of your adventure will fit right in with everyone elses....:2thumbs:

dltang
04-26-2011, 09:08 PM
:2thumbs: We are in collinsville just east of St.Louis to nite.Great ride to day no rain but very gusty winds.We have about 100 miles to Cuba be there around noon

You should have just kept going, you are so close now. We had a nice gathering for dinner and it looks like a bit of rain tonight. Hopefully it will be clear again in the morning. Ride safe but keep on riding, it will be worth it, I promise.

SpyderWolf
04-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I wish you all safe travels as you continue pressing on toward Spyderfest.