PDA

View Full Version : Redwoods gathering

Dragonrider
04-26-2011, 08:23 AM
With all the Cuba & rain threads, thought I start an anxious for sun & Redwoods thread!

We always start early when planning any trip - starting with blocking some time away from the office. Having a gathering so close is toooooo tempting. Those that haven't ridden a bike through the Redwoods, have missed more than I can describe - more like riding down the center isle of a cathedral - one that HE built. Really.

We are going to leave Portland, go to Bend, then over Crater Lake to 199, then to Crescent City & Eureka - give us a chancy to stop and see Vaughn & Cat, on our way in. After that, it's up the coast home.

We've made that trip so many times, we forget how unique our coast really is, and how much fun Hwy 101 can be.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

IWN2RYD
04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
We registered and I could not agree more. We grew up in the Redding area, and it is amazing how much we took for granted when we lived there.

All the lakes, water sports, hiking, road, etc. One of my wife and I's first romantic trips had been to the Redwoods. Walked the trials out to the beach (Upper and lower). Saw an amazing amount of Elk and Seals! Not to mention parts of Star Wars was filmed there!

Without a doubt the Redwoods are on our list for the rydes. Otherwise the trip will be for nothing, or we will go on our own :2thumbs::doorag:

This will be our 2nd trip to the Northern Cali area with our RT-S. Now I need to find a butt pad that lets me ryde longer than a tank of gas at a time :roflblack::shemademe_smilie:

P.S. Remember the sunblock and bug repellent!!!!!

Dragonrider
04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Give the BeadRider a shot - it's easy to put on/remove & is easy to pack away.
I've found that using one really helps extend the day - it's also great when it's hot or wet on the road - just a thought.

IWN2RYD
04-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey thanks for the help! I have tried those. My bony butt hates them for some reason. I was PM'd these http://www.airhawk.net/. I think I am going to take a long good look at them :2thumbs::doorag::spyder2:

Spyder Cat
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
We are going to leave Portland, go to Bend, then over Crater Lake to 199, then to Crescent City & Eureka - give us a chancy to stop and see Vaughn & Cat, on our way in. After that, it's up the coast home.

We've made that trip so many times, we forget how unique our coast really is, and how much fun Hwy 101 can be.

:2thumbs: Glad to hear you're coming thru our area!
Vaughn and I both have to work the week of the Redwoods get together and can't get 2 or 3 days off.
(however, there's an outside chance that we MAY be able to get off for one day and ryde down and back)
but we DO want to coordinate when time gets closer so we can meet up with you and other Spyderlovers coming thru before or after the Redwoods gathering.

Dragonrider
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Been threatening to come down & say "Hi" for a year - this is a good excuse!

We're only going to be there for a day - just long enough to meet & greet a few folks, then head up the coast. Having this in the middle of the week, isn't optimal for me - especially with the two week trip to Yellowstone less than a month away, after we get back.

But, if we don't support it, it won't be back...

Dragonrider
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Let us know - we have several options for your driving enjoyment - some of the most awesome landscape in the country..

NancysToy
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey thanks for the help! I have tried those. My bony butt hates them for some reason. I was PM'd these http://www.airhawk.net/. I think I am going to take a long good look at them :2thumbs::doorag::spyder2:
I have one of those skeletal butts, too. I agree about hating the Beadrider. The AirHawk works wekk, once it is properly adjusted. An Alaska Leathers sheepskin is another good alternative. That will double the mileage for me before I start to squirm.

Raptor
04-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Let us know - we have several options for your driving enjoyment - some of the most awesome landscape in the country..

That is what is so great about this country, don't you think? The diversity is astounding. With all the beauty that is found all across this land it really is cool to come out the west coast and see the big trees. It truly is unique. I've been here all my life and I'm still not tired of it. And now that I'm back in the wind, it's like doing it for the first time. It's an amazing thing, bein in the wind! :doorag:

Neez
04-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Deanna and I are registered and booked in at the Red Lion in Eureka. We will travel by the back roads to Whidbey Island WA, by ferry to Port Townsend and down thru WA, OR and CA by the 101. Rand McNally shows almost the whole ryde as Scenic Route. We need more meets in the west and we are looking forward to meeting everyone. See you in August!