PDA

View Full Version : DPS Update

tmpope3
04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Has anybody had the DPS update and if so did you have any problems. Went in and had mine done made the bike really squirrley in the front end any suggestions..:gaah:

musicarcade
04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
take it backnojoke
sounds like it wasn't done properly. Could be steering angle sensor wasn't set, or a few other variables.

Dudley
04-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Has anybody had the DPS update and if so did you have any problems. Went in and had mine done made the bike really squirrley in the front end any suggestions..:gaah:

The new DPS is much more sensitive than the old one (therefore it is a lot easier to maneuver) . It will take you a few miles to relearn the steering. Just RELAX and let your mind do the steering, just like your car. If the squirrley feeling does not go away, have the dealer look at it.

tmpope3
04-25-2011, 05:24 PM
take it backnojoke
sounds like it wasn't done properly. Could be steering angle sensor wasn't set, or a few other variables.

Thank you so much have had two Can-Ams and enjoy them immensley. Have probably put 40,000 miles on the two. Just don't know what to do about this one.

musicarcade
04-25-2011, 05:28 PM
My :spyder: was in the shop 3 months for dps issues, but that was before DPS 2.0 (nat. recall) was brought into the mix last Sept. I've had zero probs w/ DPS 2.0, and have heard of very little issues with it. Which leads me to believe your service tech may have missed a step when installing your new one.

boborgera
04-25-2011, 07:40 PM
:dontknow:
Check your other post on Shop talk.

SilverSurfer
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
The immediate impression with the DPS Recall shouldn't be that dramatic. I had mine done on my RT-S back in February. Just starting it up and moving out I felt very little difference. Then as I picked up speed I noticed the RT-S holding a line better, especially in breezy weather. I also noticed what felt at first to be a little over-steer, but now I'm used to it.

"Squirrely" should never be a result of the DPS recall if performed correctly. Absolutely, the streering angle sensor has to be zero'd out on BUDS. Also, correct installation requires the mechanic move the Spyder forward and back a few times. Basically the new DPS has to be zero'd on the machine. If you are getting 'squirrely,' I agree with the answer provided in a previous response. Your tech probably didn't zero the system out.

oceanbreeze851
04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Bought my 2009 SE5 last month, new with .5 miles on it. Dealership stated all recalls had been completed. Within the first 30 miles, I experienced the DPS problems. I took it to a dealership closest to my home. Dps had not been zero'd. After another hundred mile, no problems. :clap:

Clinty76
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Bought my 2009 SE5 last month, new with .5 miles on it. Dealership stated all recalls had been completed. Within the first 30 miles, I experienced the DPS problems. I took it to a dealership closest to my home. Dps had not been zero'd. After another hundred mile, no problems. :clap:

Stupid question, but what is DPS?

boborgera
04-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Stupid question, but what is DPS?

No such thing as a stupid question.

DPS= Dynamic Power Steering.

Clinty76
04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
No such thing as a stupid question.

DPS= Dynamic Power Steering.

Ahhhh, thank you kind sir!!

boborgera
04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Ahhhh, thank you kind sir!!

Your welcome' But please don't call me Sir, I used to work for a living.:roflblack:
[old army saying]:ohyea:

Clinty76
04-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Your welcome' But please don't call me Sir, I used to work for a living.:roflblack:
[old army saying]:ohyea:

That was great!!
:2thumbs:

SpyderSteve
04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
My :spyder2: is in the shop now for the dps :pray: + other stuff

chuck58
04-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Had my DPS replaced two months ago. Steering is very sensitive and I still find myself over-steering. Other than that all is good.