PDA

View Full Version : Is my username confusing?

StriperKing
04-23-2011, 05:41 PM
It has been brought to my attension that my username may have been taken in the wrong contexts. I would really like to know how people here read my name. I am an avid striper fisherman and represented that with my username. I have been told that some people have associated my name with gentlemans clubs. Please be honest as to how you see it. Anyway as soon as I can figure out how, I am going to be changing my name just to save confusion or change my avitar to a picture of me with a striper (fish) lol. I will still have my old avitar and username on my name tag since that is what people have seen and I have them made. Oh and my wife has informed me that striper fishing only has one p and a stripper/dancer has two p`s. Oops, I have to change it now. :shemademe_smilie:

ArmyJoe
04-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Well, if it was StripperQueen, we'd be asking you to post pics. :D

SpyderSteve
04-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Well, if it was StripperQueen, we'd be asking you to post pics. :D :agree:

Blue Star
04-23-2011, 05:47 PM
It has been brought to my attension that my username may have been taken in the wrong contexts. I would really like to know how people here read my name. I am an avid striper fisherman and represented that with my username. I have been told that some people have associated my name with gentlemans clubs. Please be honest as to how you see it. Anyway as soon as I can figure out how, I am going to be changing my name just to save confusion or change my avitar to a picture of me with a striper (fish) lol. I will still have my old avitar and username on my name tag since that is what people have seen and I have them made. Oh and my wife has informed me that striper fishing only has one p and a stripper/dancer has two p`s. Oops, I have to change it now. :shemademe_smilie:
I would do two things. First, I agree with you on posting the photo with the fish. Second, contact Lamont and ask him to remove the "P". Otherwise I see nothing wrong with you screen name.

Y Rider
04-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I would think if it was related to fish then your username would be: StriperKing. However, I am sure most people were just thinking you were in the paint stripping business :thumbup:.

SpyderAnn01
04-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I would think if it was related to fish then your username would be: StriperKing. However, I am sure most people were just thinking you were in the paint stripping business :thumbup:.

Paint stripping is exactly what I thought. I didn't think anyone with ties to male or female strippers would advertise that fact on this forum.

NancysToy
04-23-2011, 05:53 PM
+1 That's what I thought. lamont can change the name for you. Send him a PM.

StriperKing
04-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the replys. I will go with StriperKing. Fish pic coming soon!

fastfraser
04-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Paint stripping is exactly what I thought. I didn't think anyone with ties to male or female strippers would advertise that fact on this forum.

:agree:+1

nudle
04-23-2011, 06:14 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:sure you did
:agree:+1

Firefly
04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I thought some kind of paint or furniture stripper.... never heard of 'striper fisherman' .....

ameobe
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM

It must be the publik schools I went to here in PA. :dontknow:
But I have always associated your username with
fishing.:doorag:

spydrluvr
04-23-2011, 06:35 PM
:lecturef_smilie: maybe just remove one of the p's and spell striper not stripper..:thumbup:

Blue Star
04-23-2011, 06:36 PM
:agree:

Dudley
04-23-2011, 06:39 PM

That one gets my vote. Too many people put way too much opinion on way too many things. I would leave it as StripperKing and your Spyder, just the way you have it. I would rather see your Spyder instead of a fish!

Boriken
04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Since I live at the Jersey Shore I associated it the fish.

Raptor
04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
That one gets my vote. Too many people put way too much opinion on way too many things. I would leave it as StripperKing and your Spyder, just the way you have it. I would rather see your Spyder instead of a fish!

:agree: I like your avatar pic too! Of course, it is fun to change them up from time to time as well, but I like the one you have now. :thumbup:

boborgera
04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
:dontknow:I don't pay attention to user names, if people need an alter ego who am i to pry :D
What you do in front of your computer [strip] is your business :roflblack:

Lamonster
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I fixed your name. :doorag:

Love2Ride
04-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Well, if it was StripperQueen, we'd be asking you to post pics. :D
LOL!!!

No, I didn't read it wrong cuz even I (not the sharpest tool in the shed) knows that it should have 2 p's for it to be taken the "other" way.

Besides, who's business is it anyway?? I'd be embarassed to say something to you on it only to realize that I'd read it wrong.

Leave it alone. Everyone will get use to it.

Love2Ride
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh I see it use to have 2 p's??

Ah, still tho. Whatever floats your boat. Tho, I was thinking fishing when I read it in the first place. :)

Love2Ride
04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I thought some kind of paint or furniture stripper.... never heard of 'striper fisherman' .....
:roflblack::roflblack: Won't see that on Deadliest Catch. LOL (don't wanna either :P)

StriperKing
04-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks Lamont! :2thumbs:

StriperKing
04-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Lamont, hate to be picky but could you capitalize the K also if you see this. Thanks

docdoru
04-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't have anything against strippers, is just business.

arntufun
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Ok guess I will be the one to say it, frankly I'm disappointed to know the true meaning. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

MoonChaser213
04-23-2011, 08:47 PM
To make the meaning clear , show a picture of your bait. This can go both ways , you know:f_spider:

arntufun
04-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Look, if idiots can't spell, it's not your problem...you're fine...you don't need to make excuses for those who haven't gotten a least a middle school education...

Your mis reading the thread. It WAS originally spelled wrong and Lamont fixed it. LOL. You just hit Striperking below the belt with that comment.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bone crusher
04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Your mis reading the thread. It WAS originally spelled wrong and Lamont fixed it. LOL. You just hit Striperking below the belt with that comment.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Okay, now that is funny...he spelled it wrong initially? That's too funny! Lemme delete that other post of mine...poor guy...back to middle school he goes!
:roflblack::ohyea:

StriperKing
04-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Thats OK, I can`t spell. I am a math major and almost all math majors can not spell. There is no real logic to spelling, lol. Anyway here is a Striper pic.

arntufun
04-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Okay, now that is funny...he spelled it wrong initially? That's too funny! Lemme delete that other post of mine...poor guy...back to middle school he goes!
:roflblack::ohyea:

Too late I already quoted you on that and it's now there forever or unless you give me $20.00 and i can delete when I quoted you in post #28. I take paypal !!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

docdoru
04-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Thats OK, I can`t spell. I am a math major and almost all math majors can not spell. There is no real logic to spelling, lol. Anyway here is a Striper pic.

Nice :thumbup:

fispyder
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I also fish.

draboo
04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Don't you have a brother fishing fanatic named "HookerKing"?:roflblack:

AMTJIM
04-23-2011, 11:10 PM