PDA

View Full Version : SaddleBag/TB duel exhaust clearence.

Seanpham79
04-23-2011, 02:34 PM
If you ever wondered if Givi V35 saddle bags (Brp R35 bags are the same bags with BRP logo stamped on it) would clear Twos Brothers duel exhaust..Here you go.
Also if you buy the Givi V35 bags..they're cheaper then if you buy from brp. AND....the Color trim panels from BRP will fit on the Givi V35 as you can see from the pics. =D

Firefly
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Looks nice. What are you using for rear blinkers?

While the brp setup is a bit more - the quick release racks are worth it IMO.

Seanpham79
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Looks nice. What are you using for rear blinkers?

While the brp setup is a bit more - the quick release racks are worth it IMO.
These are also the Quarter-turn/single button quick release. They are exactly the same as the BRP R-35

Seanpham79
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
These are also the Quarter-turn/single button quick release. They are exactly the same as the BRP R-35
pic

Firefly
04-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Can't tell from those pics--- so you're saying the RACKS come off with the quarter-turn quick release?

Where's your rear blinkers then??
See where the BRP ones put the blinkers.....

Here's the BRP ones:

Rack ON:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2263&d=1243951727

Rack OFF:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2268&d=1243951858

Rack and bag removed -- 30 seconds:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2272&d=1243951921

fastfraser
04-23-2011, 06:34 PM
:2thumbs: Sweet set up with the Corbin Smugglers trunk and the Carbon fiber rear fender .

sledhead
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Can't tell from those pics--- so you're saying the RACKS come off with the quarter-turn quick release?

I am wondering the same thing... I just bought the BRP bags BECAUSE I thought the GIVI's didn't have the quick release mounting racks... AND the skins wouldn't fit. :dontknow: Oh well....
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Seanpham79
04-24-2011, 04:40 PM
I am wondering the same thing... I just bought the BRP bags BECAUSE I thought the GIVI's didn't have the quick release mounting racks... AND the skins wouldn't fit. :dontknow: Oh well....
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I was reading your replies wrong. The bags are remove-able but the racks are not. I wonder if the the BRP racks would clear the duel exhaust? But the panels are universal fit

SANDMAN1917
05-12-2014, 06:40 AM
I purchased the BRP saddlebags and mounting hardware and installed them. My bag is hitting my Two Brothers exhaust and it looks much lower than yours. I have the quick release frames that came with the bags. Please advise if you did modifications or have a different model of the frames.

If you ever wondered if Givi V35 saddle bags (Brp R35 bags are the same bags with BRP logo stamped on it) would clear Twos Brothers duel exhaust..Here you go.
Also if you buy the Givi V35 bags..they're cheaper then if you buy from brp. AND....the Color trim panels from BRP will fit on the Givi V35 as you can see from the pics. =D

Yazz
05-12-2014, 06:13 PM
I purchased the BRP saddlebags and mounting hardware and installed them. My bag is hitting my Two Brothers exhaust and it looks much lower than yours. I have the quick release frames that came with the bags. Please advise if you did modifications or have a different model of the frames.

I was reading your replies wrong. The bags are remove-able but the racks are not. I wonder if the the BRP racks would clear the duel exhaust? But the panels are universal fit

Heard of someone lowering the upsweep the the pipe...

erikkelly
05-12-2014, 06:16 PM
see this is enlightening to me simply because now i know i can buy the saddlebag liners for the givi and be good to go on this bike :)

erikkelly
05-12-2014, 06:23 PM

its funny because two brothers specifically states that the dual will not work with the luggage. good to know, because i wanted to get these... thanks for this!

NZSpyderRyder
05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Your saddle bags are sitting a lot higher than the BRP oem setup and that is why you can fit the TBR twin exhaust.
The TBR website says that the dual/twin system "will not work with factory luggage". That's why I opted for the single canister.

erikkelly
05-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Your saddle bags are sitting a lot higher than the BRP oem setup and that is why you can fit the TBR twin exhaust.
The TBR website says that the dual/twin system "will not work with factory luggage". That's why I opted for the single canister.

yeah i was just looking again at his pictures... his saddlebags sit 2-3" higher than the brp version. so... guess i'll go with the single as originally planned

Jesse
05-14-2014, 06:51 PM

Can you post the part numbers or sku for the bags and the mounting bracket you used? Also where you found the best price on them. Thanks.