PDA

View Full Version : Service bulletin

fastfraser
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Just back from my 600 mile service . Drove 70 miles in a snow showers in 30 degree weather !:gaah::gaah: Anyhow they had to fix the left saddle bag as it would not stay closed. Opened 5 times in 1hour 20 mins. They also had to replace the front nose as it was damaged in shipping . So they did the oil change and oil and tranny filters, checked and prodded but they also performed a service update.They checked the DPS connector plug to make sure it was seated and locked into each other hook up to B.U.D.S and reset the steering angle sensor . I was surprised as I haven't herd of this being performed on this site . Anyhow after being there for going on 4 hours I was happy to head home . In less then 2 miles the compartment had opened 4 times so as soon as could get turned around I was back at the shop. They told me there was no adjustment left ! So they got on the phone with BRP and got the authorization to order a whack of parts to try and fix the problem one part at a time . So I tell the service manager I'm going to Spyderfest Tues. afternoon and there would be about 150-200 Spyders there and I wasn't showing up there with a 2011 RTS Limited that I paid a fortune for with my gosh darn saddle bag duct taped close . He was quick to agree, so they take a 2011 RTS Magnesium out of the show room take the parts of that and install them on mine.:2thumbs: Two hours latter its tail lights down the road and I'm not stopping every few minutes to close the compartment. All is good. They even washed the beauty as when I got there she was covered in salt and dirt from the ride in .

IWN2RYD
04-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Noice!! Now if our dealer would just figure out that the little things like washing our rides for us (And start doing it) says a lot about their character...:ohyea::yes::bowdown::firstplace:

GadgetGuy442
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey Fast Fraser.... was happy to hear your dealer did what had to be done to get your issue fixed! That's the kind of thing we'd like all of our dealers to be willing to do!

Have a safe trip and fun time at Spyderfest!

Bill

bullant12
04-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Outstanding dealer!! :clap::clap:

NorthStar
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Glad to hear that you are getting it all together for the trip to Cuba. It is always nice to hear when a dealer steps up to the plate for a customer.

On a similar note, I called my dealer a while back and asked him if they would change my front cylinder spark plug if I brought the machine by one afternoon. They said no problem and thought it wouldn't take any more than 1/2 hour. I finally got around to visiting them and lo an behold the spark plug change was waaaaaay more involved than they had thought. Bottom line is that I was there for several hours and they ended up charging me for 1/2 hour of labor. To make matters worse, the service technician snapped off one of the mirror posts when reassembling the panels. The owner told him to pull one off of a viper red unit they had on the showroom floor so I could get back on the road. Needless to say, I felt a tad guilty paying them so little for what amounted to a few shop hours of work.

Bottom line....a good dealer is worth their weight in gold.:2thumbs:

NancysToy
04-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear that you are getting it all together for the trip to Cuba. It is always nice to hear when a dealer steps up to the plate for a customer.

On a similar note, I called my dealer a while back and asked him if they would change my front cylinder spark plug if I brought the machine by one afternoon. They said no problem and thought it wouldn't take any more than 1/2 hour. I finally got around to visiting them and lo an behold the spark plug change was waaaaaay more involved than they had thought. Bottom line is that I was there for several hours and they ended up charging me for 1/2 hour of labor. To make matters worse, the service technician snapped off one of the mirror posts when reassembling the panels. The owner told him to pull one off of a viper red unit they had on the showroom floor so I could get back on the road. Needless to say, I felt a tad guilty paying them so little for what amounted to a few shop hours of work.

Bottom line....a good dealer is worth their weight in gold.:2thumbs:
The front spark plug is a bear on an RT! I did it too many times, and 1/2 hour labor is a real bargain. Sounds like you have a great dealer.

frank3
04-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Had the same problem with my 2010 RT last year right after I got it. My dealer is 50 miles away so I fixed it my self. Took the rear cover off to expose the release handle and cable. Discovered that the cable MUST be routed just so in order to allow the cable to work properly. Failure occures when the cable inside the casing isn't free to travel without being in a bind. If there is ANY binding, the latch mechanism won't properly FULLY latch. That was over a year ago and no problems since.