PDA

View Full Version : request

Boots
04-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Is there a weight limit for my luggage to be carried on my passenger seat.I own a SE5 Also I am looking for only a left 12volt glove.Was born without my right arm.Really don't want to pay for a pair if I don't need to.Thankyou

SpyderAnn01
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey Deb. To clarify she has a RS SE5. We were at BMW on Saturday and I asked if they had a mismatched pair of heated gloves but no luck. How much does your luggage weigh?

bjt
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd say that the weight limit for luggage on the passenger seat would be any amount up to the max carrying capacity of the Spyder which is around 400 pounds I think. Subtract your weight from the Spyder's max and that's what you could put on the passenger seat.

IWN2RYD
04-20-2011, 05:49 PM
I'd say that the weight limit for luggage on the passenger seat would be any amount up to the max carrying capacity of the Spyder which is around 400 pounds I think. Subtract your weight from the Spyder's max and that's what you could put on the passenger seat.
:agree: Spot on :ohyea:

Just an FYI for others that may come along and read this thread later... Our dealer told us about this sensor thing on the seat and to keep it in mind when we ryde one up but haul a backpack or what have you on the seat.

I am in no way an expert on it, and I am trying to find more info on it.. But basically this is what we have been told in a very none technical manner...

The RS has only one sensor for the VSS system in regards to the ryder(s) (It is designed to sense the center of gravity for an idea, not factual, just a reference), where as the RT has two. One for the Driver and one for the Passenger. For both bikes it is called the the Passenger Detection Switch (Microfish # 42 under Electrical Accessories REAR on the RT and #46 on the RS (http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E&s1=377f1970-8778-4dd9-bb72-76b327b2c405&brands=roadster)) I still have not found this mysterious second sensor they spoke on, but I can say I notice a difference on how the RT reacts one up vs weight on the passenger seat. Could it be in my head? Sure you bet! :roflblack::shemademe_smilie:

So the VSS reacts differently and or sooner if you will, when it senses a second ryder on the RT. Very similar to how the VSS reacts differently when we select the Trailer option or for that matter have one in tow...

http://epc.brp.com/cgi-bin/ImgServ.exe/convert?ilFN=E:%5C%5CEmpartWeb%5C%5Cdata%5C%5C1s%5 C%5C06%5CY1102%5C06Y1102.tif&ilSC=25&ilIV=0&ilBR=0&ilIF=P&ilRE=8

NancysToy
04-20-2011, 05:54 PM
440 pounds total. Don't forget to jack up the rear spring preload if you are carrying anything near the full load capacity. Be careful when you do it, jack the Spyder up, and lubricate the adjusters. They are easily broken...sometimes even if you are careful.

SpyderAnn01
04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Deb if you are anywhere near the limit you're taking way too much stuff.

Boots
04-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Deb if you are anywhere near the limit you're taking way too much stuff. I thought we were suppose to bring everything but the kitchen sink. LOL
My luggage is around 35 lbs. If my scale is accurate thats about what it weighs.

dltang
04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I thought we were suppose to bring everything but the kitchen sink. LOL
My luggage is around 35 lbs. If my scale is accurate thats about what it weighs.

You should be just fine then Deb. Also, I don't know if this is possible or not, but have you tried calling Gerbing and see if they will sell you only one glove under the circumstances? Just a thought.

SpyderAnn01
04-20-2011, 06:56 PM
That's a good idea to call Gerbings. You could also try Aerostitch. They sell merchandise that they use for displays or catalogs at a discount. Give them both a try.