PDA

View Full Version : How wasteful the older generation has been

dltang
04-20-2011, 03:19 PM
A friend of mine posted this on her Facebook and I thought I would share:

In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren’t good for the environment. The woman apologized to him and explained, ...“We didn’t have the green thing back in my day.”

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today.... The former generation did not care enough to save our environment."

He was right, that generation didn’t have the green thing in its day.

Back then, they returned their milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

But she was right. They didn’t have the green thing in her day.

Back then, they washed the baby’s diapers because they didn’t have the throw-away kind. They dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts – wind and solar power really did dry the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that old lady is right, they didn’t have the green thing back in her day.

Back then, they probably had no TV, or radio, in the house – not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen if they had one, the size of a hankerchief, not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, they blended and stirred by hand because they didn’t have electric machines to do everything for you.

When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used a wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.

Back then, they didn’t fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn’t need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she’s right, they didn’t have the green thing back then.

They drank from a fountain when they were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water. They refilled their writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But they didn’t have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or rode the school bus instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And they didn’t need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful the old folks were just because they didn't have the green thing back then?

ataDude
04-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Man, I feel guilty now, Deb. <<not>> :thumbup:

In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren’t good for the environment. The woman apologized to him and explained, ...“We didn’t have the green thing back in my day.”

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today.... The former generation did not care enough to save our environment."

Back then, they returned their milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

Back then, they washed the baby’s diapers because they didn’t have the throw-away kind. They dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts – wind and solar power really did dry the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

Back then, they probably had no TV, or radio, in the house – not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen if they had one, the size of a hankerchief, not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, they blended and stirred by hand because they didn’t have electric machines to do everything for you.

When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used a wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.

Back then, they didn’t fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn’t need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

They drank from a fountain when they were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water. They refilled their writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or rode the school bus instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And they didn’t need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful the old folks were just because they didn't have the green thing back then?

Hawk Eye
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
:2thumbs::clap::agree::yes:

johnnyg
04-20-2011, 03:34 PM

Aman to that ! JC

IWN2RYD
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Just would like to add... :agree:

And... Keep in mind. It has only been about 80 years since the Military (I am told, not factual on my part) invented plastic. Like many things in life as we try and find a way to make our human lives easier and more productive, we do not have the ability to look into the future to see what can/will go wrong.

Crude oil is natural. We (Humans) just found a way to use it, not realizing it's harmful ways afterwards.

So in all fairness. The only folks my wife and I do not cut any slack to are those that are alive today, with the means and still choose to butcher our planet and out children's children future.

I am not talking tree hugging over the top now. I am speaking realistically. For example. We do use the bags over and over. Our recycle can is twice the size of our trash, yet just a few years ago the opposite was true.

At the end of the day knowledge is power. As long as we continue to learn at all ages and levels of society, our kids and the rest of the future will be just fine.

I will end here now. As I know enough to get myself deep into this subject (College education and hard knocks of real life), but do not know enough to find my way back out :roflblack:

Boots
04-20-2011, 04:20 PM

This was GREAT ! ! this is the true facts all the way

SpyderAnn01
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
:agree:

Dudley
04-20-2011, 06:26 PM
And we were in better shape, more appreciative, never "bored". Our discarded trash was minimal because we reused so much, as was noted. We didn't know how to hug a tree, but learned early on how to climb one. We used our hands to play ball, mold clay, catch frogs, etc., not to play video games. OH, the Good Old Days! How I miss them.

Firefly
04-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Interesting point -- but I doubt many young people are really 'calling out' their seniors about this kind of thing.

We ALL need to do more to keep the planet clean-- not out of fear of global warming --- just because it's the right thing to do.

The 'good ol' days' really weren't that good---- we live much longer and don't have things like polio ------ :thumbup:

bone crusher
04-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Interesting point -- but I doubt many young people are really 'calling out' their seniors about this kind of thing.

We ALL need to do more to keep the planet clean-- not out of fear of global warming --- just because it's the right thing to do.

The 'good ol' days' really weren't that good---- we live much longer and don't have things like polio ------ :thumbup:

We actually don't live longer...those numbers are totally manipulated. To figure out the average lifespan, the gov't considers those babies who don't make it as being 0 years old. As we have less infant mortality now compared to the early 1900s and before, the average will naturally go up as there are less '0's. This makes it look like we're living longer when really, we're not. In fact, the US is nowhere near the top of the world in life expectancy (I have the numbers on that somewhere as I teach it).

Also, polio is an interesting topic too. Studies both ways on that. One side say vaccinations were the reason...the other side says that cleanliness did it...remember that polio is a fecal/oral (parenteral) disease. The cleaner your society, the less disease you will have, naturally.

Interesting facts, eh? I'd much rather have lived in the 1950s than today...world was safer...

ThreeWheels
04-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Interesting facts, eh? I'd much rather have lived in the 1950s than today...world was safer...

I can understand how one would feel that way, but having lived through the '50s it's really a matter of perspective. I was taught this in Kindergarten when I was 5 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89od_W8lMtA

Bob Denman
04-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Going back a bit further in time... When we only lived to about 40, we basically died because we got hurt and couldn't feed ourselves, we were killed in some sort of fall or we got eaten by something that we were trying to catch and eat! We ate what we could kill or gather... meat roots and fruit!
300 years ago we were killed by infection. Our diet was meat, fruits, vegetables and grains...

Today... Cancer and heart disease seem to have lept to the forefront...

Talk to me about progress... We appear to be living beyond what we ewere ever suppoosed to. (Of course that makes for more Spydering time...) What are we eating today? Processed this and artifical that...
:lecturef_smilie: Okay... I'm off the soapbox...SORRY!

SNSTRO
04-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I think all those whinny people that are crying about "going GREEN"
need to have all their cell phones, computers, TV, electricity, cars, hot running water, clothing that has any man made components, anything that is made from plastic, or depends on a fossil fuel to be created or used TAKEN AWAY.. If they really want to "Go Green" they should live like the Amish (note: nothing wrong with the way the Amish live or their beliefs, no offense ment, they live with out electricity and off the land is my point) or go even "greener" wear undearwear made from leaves and live in the jungle... and stop Whinning to the rest of us that are enjoying the fruits of industry, technology, and advancement.. now I am not saying we cant have those things and still make them pollute our world less.. I am all for that.. but I am sick of hearing all these cry Babies jumping on the "Go Green" thing.. When just like the original post states back then..They didnt have the "GREEN THING"..BUT.. They Really did live "Greener" than these little whinners that like to hear themselves talk.. or text.. or tweet or whatever the crap they call communicating now... "Texting" thats the equivalent of jerking your telephone out of the wall and replacing it with civil war era telegraph machine.. Thats how advanced this new generation is..

IWN2RYD
04-21-2011, 09:15 AM
We actually don't live longer...those numbers are totally manipulated. To figure out the average lifespan, the gov't considers those babies who don't make it as being 0 years old. As we have less infant mortality now compared to the early 1900s and before, the average will naturally go up as there are less '0's. This makes it look like we're living longer when really, we're not. In fact, the US is nowhere near the top of the world in life expectancy (I have the numbers on that somewhere as I teach it).

Also, polio is an interesting topic too. Studies both ways on that. One side say vaccinations were the reason...the other side says that cleanliness did it...remember that polio is a fecal/oral (parenteral) disease. The cleaner your society, the less disease you will have, naturally.

Sorry Bonecrusher... I have to disagree. Just ask any Life Insurance Company and work with Social Security. They see the real figures and have to adjust their needs about once every 5 years to accommodate this trend. The numbers are NOT manipulated and they are very real.

Bottom line... Today many live after a heart attack, stroke and infections, liver transfers, loss of limb, pneumonia etc. Heck even those with Asthma. Many babies make it now when before there was no chance.

What this does is help push the life expectancy higher. Because those folks used to not make it and be a part of the numbers. Now they are. Not to mention when the number first started getting tracked they had not been as accurate as they are today as technology allows for faster and more accurate info to be shared.

Firefly
04-21-2011, 09:25 AM

Sorry bro--- but you're just not right on this. Certainly our life expectancy is NOT the best in the world--- but it IS better than 50 years ago. Medical science and technology is keeping us alive much longer.

Safer back in the 1950's ????:roflblack:
Uh-- no-- not even close. Crime was MUCH higher. We also are MUCH safer in the workplace than back then.

boborgera
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I think all those whinny people that are crying about "going GREEN"
need to have all their cell phones, computers, TV, electricity, cars, hot running water, clothing that has any man made components, anything that is made from plastic, or depends on a fossil fuel to be created or used TAKEN AWAY.. If they really want to "Go Green" they should live like the Amish (note: nothing wrong with the way the Amish live or their beliefs, no offense ment, they live with out electricity and off the land is my point) or go even "greener" wear undearwear made from leaves and live in the jungle... and stop Whinning to the rest of us that are enjoying the fruits of industry, technology, and advancement.. now I am not saying we cant have those things and still make them pollute our world less.. I am all for that.. but I am sick of hearing all these cry Babies jumping on the "Go Green" thing.. When just like the original post states back then..They didnt have the "GREEN THING"..BUT.. They Really did live "Greener" than these little whinners that like to hear themselves talk.. or text.. or tweet or whatever the crap they call communicating now... "Texting" thats the equivalent of jerking your telephone out of the wall and replacing it with civil war era telegraph machine.. Thats how advanced this new generation is..

Every now and then The local High School Students will get on a GREEN kick and come around with a petition to outlaw Plastic or Styrofoam or something?
I just tell them, ''If'' you really want to go green rip up the Students Parking Lots and Plant grass and trees, can't get greener than that.
''Wow'' walk to School what are you some kind of nut!!.:gaah:

bruiser
04-21-2011, 11:45 AM

I can't agree either. Ask my wife where she would be without the kidney transplant that saved her life. Or yet, ask a wounded warrior where he would be without todays medical advances. Technology that we didn't have in Viet Nam.

bone crusher
04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry Bonecrusher... I have to disagree. Just ask any Life Insurance Company and work with Social Security. They see the real figures and have to adjust their needs about once every 5 years to accommodate this trend. The numbers are NOT manipulated and they are very real.

Bottom line... Today many live after a heart attack, stroke and infections, liver transfers, loss of limb, pneumonia etc. Heck even those with Asthma. Many babies make it now when before there was no chance.

What this does is help push the life expectancy higher. Because those folks used to not make it and be a part of the numbers. Now they are. Not to mention when the number first started getting tracked they had not been as accurate as they are today as technology allows for faster and more accurate info to be shared.

You can disagree but facts are facts...with lower infant mortality rates, we artificially raise the life expectancy...it's simple math...there has really been very little to raise the overall life expectancy...

bone crusher
04-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I can't agree either. Ask my wife where she would be without the kidney transplant that saved her life. Or yet, ask a wounded warrior where he would be without todays medical advances. Technology that we didn't have in Viet Nam.

Bruiser,

Yes, there are isolated incidents....sure...and medications have helped millions...however, on the other side, medications have also killed as many (or more)...we haven't really progressed as much as you'd like to believe...

Take a look at DES...probably responsible for over 30 million cancer related deaths...the list goes on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylstilbestrol

Beyond that, again, the average life expectancy is an average (mean)...remember, if less babies die when they're born, the mean goes up quite a bit...we've had huge advances with infant mortality. As far as just living longer, the numbers don't support this.

I have the numbers...I can look them up and post them...I am right on this...I teach it...

bone crusher
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Sorry bro--- but you're just not right on this. Certainly our life expectancy is NOT the best in the world--- but it IS better than 50 years ago. Medical science and technology is keeping us alive much longer.

Safer back in the 1950's ????:roflblack:
Uh-- no-- not even close. Crime was MUCH higher. We also are MUCH safer in the workplace than back then.

We're nowhere near the top of this list...science and technology are not extending life expectancy as much as you think...although we're all led to believe this...I'll get the numbers from one of my powerpoint presentations, if you want...

Eraser
04-22-2011, 06:39 AM
We're nowhere near the top of this list...science and technology are not extending life expectancy as much as you think...although we're all led to believe this...I'll get the numbers from one of my powerpoint presentations, if you want...

:popcorn::popcorn:

wyliec
04-22-2011, 06:47 AM

I'm not saying you are right or wrong; but, for every source that may back up what you said, there is another source that will say the opposite. And, this is for any subject, not just life expectancy.

So, who do you believe?

Firefly
04-22-2011, 09:42 AM

Well-- many are gonna disagree with you--- the CDC and the CRS both clearly show we are living longer. They also show stats that eliminate the 'zero baby' theory:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFoQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Faging.senate.gov%2Fcrs%2Faging1.p df&ei=iZCxTaTEOcHt0gGw-K3OBA&usg=AFQjCNElhGZcsXV4X-Zl6RIRGnPpz3tcFQ&sig2=DoXVXrugIfk0JKr7rgC3Dg

http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/news/20080611/life-expectancy-reaches-new-record

http://www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/2009/r090819.htm

bjt
04-22-2011, 12:33 PM
We actually don't live longer...those numbers are totally manipulated. To figure out the average lifespan, the gov't considers those babies who don't make it as being 0 years old. As we have less infant mortality now compared to the early 1900s and before, the average will naturally go up as there are less '0's. This makes it look like we're living longer when really, we're not. In fact, the US is nowhere near the top of the world in life expectancy (I have the numbers on that somewhere as I teach it)...

Those babies who were dying and counting as 0 years are now living. To me, that right there says that we are living longer, unless you don't count a baby as a person.

DragonSpyder
04-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Let's not forget about the pollution in our lakes, rivers and streams. This has improved dramatically since the 60's and 70's thanks to legislation like the clean water act.

Unfortunately most of these improvements are in the US and not world-wide. 70% of the rivers in China are polluted and unsuitable for drinking or even bathing.

bone crusher
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Those babies who were dying and counting as 0 years are now living. To me, that right there says that we are living longer, unless you don't count a baby as a person.

That's my point...if they live, they aren't counted as '0'...so, the average goes up for this...that's a great thing...infant mortality rates have gotten a lot better...and this, alone, raises the life expectancy age...

bone crusher
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
This is a great discussion, but facts are facts...these are not readily manipulated...this is from one of my powerpoints...I have tons of slides on life expectancy, causes of death, et...although extrinsic factors have decreased, we're dying in droves from cancer, heart disease, and other issues....don't think we're as healthy as you're told...our society isn't all that...and we spend more than anyone on healthcare...goes to show that better healthcare does NOT guarantee longer lives...do you guys want that info too? My slides are from one of my teaching businesses...I can't post too many as they are copyrighted...please remember that this slide cannot be copied and used elsewhere (no permission for that)...thank you...

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/the_bone_crusher/LivingLonger-1.png

wyliec
04-23-2011, 09:23 PM
This is a great discussion, but facts are facts...these are not readily manipulated...this is from one of my powerpoints...I have tons of slides on life expectancy, causes of death, et...although extrinsic factors have decreased, we're dying in droves from cancer, heart disease, and other issues....don't think we're as healthy as you're told...our society isn't all that...and we spend more than anyone on healthcare...goes to show that better healthcare does NOT guarantee longer lives...do you guys want that info too? My slides are from one of my teaching businesses...I can't post too many as they are copyrighted...please remember that this slide cannot be copied and used elsewhere (no permission for that)...thank you...

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/the_bone_crusher/LivingLonger.png

Lower right hand corner of your chart- I think there is an error.

bone crusher
04-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Lower right hand corner of your chart- I think there is an error.

You're right on...'live'...and that doctorate I have means what? Fixed now...

Actually, that part of my slide was written by an assistant...so, I'm saved on this one...my problem was not editing it closely enough...typical...argh!

wyliec
04-23-2011, 09:44 PM
You're right on...'live'...and that doctorate I have means what?

Actually, that part of my slide was written by an assistant...so, I'm saved on this one...my problem was not editing it closely enough...argh!

That you will live longer.

Firefly
04-24-2011, 12:41 AM

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/the_bone_crusher/LivingLonger-1.png

Sorry- but I'm not buying it. How on earth could such data from 1776 even exist? So you really think that 26% of Americans lived past age 85 in the year 1776???? I find that highly improbable. Back then the common flu often meant death. During the revolutionary and civil wars most died from diarrhea - not being shot by the enemy.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.....

bone crusher
04-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Sorry- but I'm not buying it. How on earth could such data from 1776 even exist? So you really think that 26% of Americans lived past age 85 in the year 1776???? I find that highly improbable. Back then the common flu often meant death. During the revolutionary and civil wars most died from diarrhea - not being shot by the enemy.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.....

If there are compiled data, you can't just dismiss it because you don't like the source...

You want to believe that our great healthcare system here is saving lives so you'll believe it no matter what I throw your way...I have another chart that shows money spent on healthcare per person in each country...then all you have to do is look at the life expectancy chart for the world...it's pretty clear to see that we don't do so well...haven't you taken notice of the extreme death rates in the US due to heart disease, stroke, cancer, etc....? These problems are far more prevalent than they were 100+ years ago...and it wasn't because we simply couldn't tell if someone had cancer...we're a much sicker society now...

Medicine is mostly great for acute problems...

bone crusher
04-24-2011, 01:51 AM
That you will live longer.

Hardly! I work too much...all that stress takes a toll as we age!

bjt
04-24-2011, 08:24 AM
If there are compiled data, you can't just dismiss it because you don't like the source...

You want to believe that our great healthcare system here is saving lives so you'll believe it no matter what I throw your way...I have another chart that shows money spent on healthcare per person in each country...then all you have to do is look at the life expectancy chart for the world...it's pretty clear to see that we don't do so well...haven't you taken notice of the extreme death rates in the US due to heart disease, stroke, cancer, etc....? These problems are far more prevalent than they were 100+ years ago...and it wasn't because we simply couldn't tell if someone had cancer...we're a much sicker society now...

Medicine is mostly great for acute problems...

I agree that the US is below most if not all other industrialized countries in healthcare and lifespan. However, your chart looks like it collected 1776 data from one small area or town and the USAToday data is for our nation. I'm sure we could find a single city in the US that has great life expectancy numbers. The problem with using numbers like this is that they can be manipulated to say just about anything. I still believe that we have greater numbers of people having years added onto their lives due to the advances in medicine.

dltang
04-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Bone Crusher, you say if we don't like your data or want to believe it, that is our choice. My question is this, where did your data come from. As everyone here knows, numbers of any type and data of any type can be manipulated to express what you want the viewer to see. Here is the link from the US department of Health and Human Services. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus10.pdf#022 It has pages of data and is broken down in various ways. It is a lot of reading so here is a quick screen shot of the main page:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Screenshot2011-04-24at93622AM.png

What it boils down to for me though is this, I posted this thread originally for entertainment value. It turned into something more. Regardless of how long I live, I do my best to take care of our environment. I am not perfect. Also, if I die today, I know where I am going, my life expectancy is for eternity.

IWN2RYD
04-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Bone Crusher, you say if we don't like your data or want to believe it, that is our choice. My question is this, where did your data come from. As everyone here knows, numbers of any type and data of any type can be manipulated to express what you want the viewer to see. Here is the link from the US department of Health and Human Services. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus10.pdf#022 It has pages of data and is broken down in various ways. It is a lot of reading so here is a quick screen shot of the main page:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Screenshot2011-04-24at93622AM.png

What it boils down to for me though is this, I posted this thread originally for entertainment value. It turned into something more. Regardless of how long I live, I do my best to take care of our environment. I am not perfect. Also, if I die today, I know where I am going, my life expectancy is for eternity.

Bingo....

bone crusher
04-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Points well taken...will move on...

Pandy
05-02-2011, 02:54 AM
So, we went from Green to actuary tables? Referencing the original post about Facebook ,remember, a page or so back? That pretty much summed up my childhood. Gosh, I didn't know we had it so primitive. We got here just the same and reproduced as well. Ah well, that's another topic.:joke:

Patrick

spyder3
09-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Not sure if this helps anyone, but if you live in MD, NJ, CT, PA, NY or Illinois, the supply portion of your electric bill can now be shopped for the best deal. Worth a read IMO. Save a few bucks and help the environment at the same time(20% renewable energy). Nothing changes on who delivers your energy, you just get to choose who you buy it from. After going through this i think its the first time i actually understand my electric bill.:roflblack:

http://viridian.com/greenshift/

SPYDERPOPS
09-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Ok, back to the humorous side! I have always wondered who buried a plastic bag 300 years ago so we could know how long it will last. Oh, did someone here say that plastic has only been around for 80 years?

I think I will go out and bury one right now and in 300 years I will know for sure.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.436717,-93.277942

MouthPiece
09-05-2011, 09:00 AM
"It ain't easy bein green". (Actually going green to me means big govt. and I'm against that).

Chris

spyder3
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
"It ain't easy bein green". (Actually going green to me means big govt. and I'm against that).

Chris

I'm with you on that one chris...Al gore can go :cus::cus::cus: for all i care. Viridian is a private company, cheaper bills and if it helps the environment thats not a bad thing. :lecturef_smilie: The extra few bucks in my pocket is better then the utility company getting it. No more monopoly:clap: