PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Zumo up High - Job done.

GeoffCee
04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
My Zumo mounting project is now complete and my Spyder is reassembled and ready for the road. I thought it would be nice to celebrate with a few final pictures. :thumbup:

fastfraser
04-20-2011, 02:15 PM
:thumbup: Nice install ! Looks good there !

It blows me away that you can't lock the BRP GPS unit to the mount !:dontknow:

Firefly
04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Nice job-- :thumbup:

GhostRyder
04-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Beautifully done! Very nice & clean work there! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Nice job, now program in Cuba, Missouri, USA and come on over for Spyderfest!

SilverFox1
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Nice job GeoffCee! I really like your setup. Your eyes certainly don't have to wander far from the "main screen" (road that is). I think this is much safer than the BRP setup. Just my opinion.

SilverFox :2thumbs:

Marker
04-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Beautifully done! Very nice & clean work there! :thumbup:

:agree: Nice Job:thumbup:

Littlebadwolf
04-20-2011, 07:28 PM
:clap:

Idaspud
05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Who would have thunk it, nice job very clean:2thumbs::congrats::agree::bowdown:

DaGrlz
05-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice job, I have a question how did you attach it to the "dash." Is it screwed into it or is that an adhesive mount. If it's adhesive is that a Ram Mount kit?

Bob Denman
05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I too would like a little more info on how things mount up.. It's a great looking installation and you should be very proud of it! :2thumbs::clap:

GeoffCee
05-05-2011, 05:25 AM
I too would like a little more info on how things mount up..

Regret you've had to wait for this, Bob, I thought folks had done commentating on this thread, so I haven't taken a look for a spell.

There is an earlier post of mine, 13th April, "Mounting a Zumo up high", on this same board with some captioned photos I took as I was finding my way through the installation. It should tell you what you want to know but if you have any q's please come back to me.

Now that the job is done and I've done some miles with it I am pleased to say that the installation works even better than I'd hoped. I had been concerned that the Zumo would pick up some vertical vibration, but no, it's as solid as a rock due to the stiffness of the double-skinned bulkhead the Zumo is mounted on, plus the large washers I used on both sides of the plastic to spread the load and stiffen things up.

So far as visibility is concerned, when I'm riding I am not concious of the Zumo being there, that is until I want to check the map info on its screen, and it takes only the briefest glance away from the road to do that. :thumbup:

GeoffCee
05-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Nice job, I have a question how did you attach it to the "dash." Is it screwed into it or is that an adhesive mount. If it's adhesive is that a Ram Mount kit?

Please see my earlier post with photos on this board, 13 April. No adhesive used, just a RAM mount bolted in place. The photos tell the installation story but come back to me if you have any q's, DaGrlz. ;)