PDA

View Full Version : How to modify RSS for handicap rider

mikeinbirkdale
04-16-2011, 11:18 AM
I had a customer come in today that would like to know modification options for a 2011 RSS. Needs hand brake for SE5. Would prefer some type of finger or thumb throttle as well. Possibly run line to the bars for parking brake. I would really love to see this dude riding street with the family! Any ideas and options I would love to share with them are much appreciated.

SethO
04-16-2011, 11:44 AM
how is he smashed up?

ISCI handbrake and floor boards are a must if your guy is in a wheelchair.

the thumb throttle is concerning me, why would he need this?

TreeHillSpyder
04-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah I agree,

I have driven with hand controls that have a thumb assist that are twist-based for the acceleration and I don't really think this would be a viable option for the spyder. A cheap way to try something might be a cramp buster or something. There may be some more adjustment available to you this way. What do you Think Seth?

Brian
Wilmington, NC

SethO
04-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah I agree,

I have driven with hand controls that have a thumb assist that are twist-based for the acceleration and I don't really think this would be a viable option for the spyder. A cheap way to try something might be a cramp buster or something. There may be some more adjustment available to you this way. What do you Think Seth?

Brian
Wilmington, NC

I agree, the cramp buster would be the only mod I would work with on that end.