PDA

View Full Version : It's getting better every day.

Dick Wells
04-15-2011, 08:42 PM
We left our wintertime RV park in Brownsville, two weeks ago today. Stopped in Rockport for several days, and then on to DeRidder, LA for two nights. Put 150+ miles on the Spyder, while there. Ever there, be sure to stop by the Two Sisters Restaurant for some of the South's best home cookin, and country kitchen atmosphere.

Taking our time, getting to Spyderfest, and that includes an overnight stop in Enterprise, LA, way out in the Boonies, on the Ouachita River, right where Jim Bowie was raised. Then on to St. Charles, AR, and over 260 more miles, up and down the Mighty Mississippi, on the Mississippi side and crossing in two places, plus over 150 more miles in Arkansas. All on the :spyder2:!!!

We've ridden in AR before, coming down to Texas last Fall, and we sure do enjoy it.

Moving on up to lower Missouri, tomorrow, and will spend the week in the Branson/Silver Dollar City area, before moving on over to Cuba.

Both of us are enjoying the Spyder more than we did. Seems a short break, and a walk-around every ~45 minutes, or so, is key to a more enjoyable ryde. Forty-eight - 55 mph beats you up less than 60 mph, and 55-60 sure beats you up a LOT less than 65 plus.:D

One thing I've noticed from day one, back last Summer, is, that the thing feels more stable, two-up, than solo. Do you guys and gals notice the same thing, or is it just me?

Looking forward to looking a whole bunch of Spyders over, at :spyder2:FEST! Lot's of do-dads and DIY ideas to kick around in my head and talk about with people who know this-here beasty.:D

We were on-hand, last night for the unpleasant weather situation, but it didn't hit us. Very sorry to hear that one poor soul was crushed in a mobile home in the small town of England, which we trailered through, yesterday, on our way here to Perryville, AR. Our hearts and minds are on all those folks who had tragedies from this storm thing.

See y'all in a week or so, and take care.

Happy Rydin!

Dick and Jean Wells:2thumbs: