PDA

View Full Version : Best $$ On OEM Saddle Bags...

Highway
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
I am looking for the best deal on the Spyder hard saddle bags, best I done so far is $782.00 with free shipping, does any one know of better price?

Thanks...

NancysToy
04-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I am looking for the best deal on the Spyder hard saddle bags, best I done so far is $782.00 with free shipping, does any one know of better price?

Thanks...
Remember that you not only have to buy the saddlebags, but also the appropriate color finish panels. Make sure your price includes both. They are sold separately.

Euripedes Neves
04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Remember that you not only have to buy the saddlebags, but also the appropriate color finish panels. Make sure your price includes both. They are sold separately.
:agree::clap:

bone crusher
04-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Good point...my dealership matched the cheapest ebay price...this was the best way to go for me as they installed the bags too...for a very fair price...

Firefly
04-16-2011, 01:22 AM
These guys have the bags with insert for $490.00 and the racks for $198.00 and the liners for $71.00. :D

http://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=2355

Those are the same bags and inserts--- but that is the GIVI rack --- NOT the BRP quick-release rack. Big difference.

The Givi rack system moves the turn signals onto the rear fender--- yuk....

The BRP rack setup integrates the turn signals in to the rack-- and the quick-release racks are really slick!

The BRB rack system ONLY comes in a kit with the bags--- and you have to buy the insert panels separate for around $120... and you MUST have the inserts....

bone crusher
04-16-2011, 02:59 AM
These guys have the bags with insert for $490.00 and the racks for $198.00 and the liners for $71.00. :D

http://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=2355

As firefly stated, you DO NOT want this setup...the whole idea behind the setup is to have the BRP brackets...they're made for our bike specifically...

Bottom line: whoever gets the BRP side bags...cough up the money and get it done right. Ask your dealer to match the best printed price and either install them yourself or have your dealer do it for you.

Firefly
04-16-2011, 12:17 PM
The color panels are sold separately-- and the various colors from BRP will fit any Givi R35 bag-- no matter if it's part of the BRP kit or you buy them from a Givi dealer and go with the Givi racks.

You should be able to get the BRP setup with color panels for less than $800 if you shop around. If you're in no hurry you may find a deal online.

I have the ESI bag lights and love them--- but I like to ride without the bags on too-- so the stock turn signals are still needed....

sledhead
04-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I found a BRP set last week (which I ordered) for $824 including the color skins and shipping!!! Not bad.
I found some today for $740 w/o the skins or shipping by going here:
http://www.brewercycles.com/eshopprod_cat_6741-67159-84313_product_1120920.R-35_RIGID_SADDLEBAG_KIT.htm
and use coupon code: 6700#BC
That will give you 15% off all accessories.

Dragonrider
04-16-2011, 11:30 PM
When I bought mine, I noticed a lot of 10 GIVI sets for sale on E-bay, and marked the seller. When the auction was over, I contacted the seller & he had one set left. I managed to get the set with silver inserts for $500 delivered - with all hardware. I found the right color inserts for $127, $27 more than the quote to paint the silver inserts, so I went that way.

I think ESI had a set of lights for the back of the bags, so I didn't have to use the ugly stalks - those lights were really slick - and, because I didn't have the removable hardware, the wiring was easy, and looked great.

The operative here is patience, and work. If you want it now you'll pay full boat - work it, and you can save a couple of hundred bucks. Letting folks on the forum know, and someone will probably make you a deal before trading for a new ride - the bags are worth nothing on a trade… providing the dealer doesn't see them during the transaction….