PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory (sp) vehicle setup checklist?

OldDog
04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
With the rash of apparent dealer setup issues on brand new RT's I continue to read about, shouldn't there be some kind of required assembly checklist that a dealership should have to sign off on? This would put the onus on the dealer and separate the good from the bad. I can't imagine the frustration of a brand new owner to have to take his new "baby" back to the shop because someone did not tighten the battery connections, for example. I've read testimonials of great dealerships and rants about bad ones. 2011 is supposed to be a year of improvements in the RT. Such things as suspension and engine performance come to mind as a positive trend. On the other hand, poor paint quality is unacceptable. Are the quality control issues factory oversights, dealer setup issues or a little bit of both? I know there are people on this forum with extensive QC background who might be able to offer none biased honest observations.

:D :dontknow:

OldDog

LittleJohn
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
With the rash of apparent dealer setup issues on brand new RT's I continue to read about, shouldn't there be some kind of required assembly checklist that a dealership should have to sign off on? This would put the onus on the dealer and separate the good from the bad. I can't imagine the frustration of a brand new owner to have to take his new "baby" back to the shop because someone did not tighten the battery connections, for example. I've read testimonials of great dealerships and rants about bad ones. 2011 is supposed to be a year of improvements in the RT. Such things as suspension and engine performance come to mind as a positive trend. On the other hand, poor paint quality is unacceptable. Are the quality control issues factory oversights, dealer setup issues or a little bit of both? I know there are people on this forum with extensive QC background who might be able to offer none biased honest observations.

:D :dontknow:

OldDog

I believe they do have a checklist.
I think there were alot of dealer prep issues when they first came iout, but if they havent figured it out by now, they shouldnt be sellin em in my opinion!
(Oooh, that sounded harsh! Maybe cuz my bike just spent a week and a half at the dealer for the infamous "P0707" code with no resolution, other than cleaning connectors and a gas tank worth of test drives,. LOL)

OldDog
05-10-2011, 04:32 PM
This is an old thread, but I think it merits reconsideration. I really appreciate the posts from riders with no problems to speak of and hearing about great dealerships like Cowtown. Will 2012 be the year of the 100000 troublefree miles RT?

Bob Denman
05-10-2011, 04:59 PM
If my lousy memory is correct... my dealer did give me a sheet where they had to check off each step in a pre-delivery inspection... The funny thing was... the salesman sat at the desk and completed the form with the bike someplace in the service area... :shocked:
At the time I just didn't want to make waves... having heard all that I have now though... :gaah:

fastfraser
05-10-2011, 06:44 PM
2011 RTS Limited ,Missing two rubber grommets,left saddle bag wouldn't stay closed and my air compressor for my shock doesn't work. But still love my RTS! Now that they don't test drive them how are they to find out what they missed ?:dontknow: