PDA

View Full Version : AMVETS Poker Run in Swartz Creek...23 April

Littlebadwolf
04-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Cindi & I will be going to Swartz Creek on the 23rd to support the AMVETS poker run that Medic1 organized to benefit Camp Hope...a facility that suppports disabled veterans. I sure would like to see folks from our Spyder community support this effort and join us for the ride and good times. I believe Medic1 has a link here in the forums for more info on this event. Hope to see some of our members join us......Larry

dltang
04-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Cindi & I will be going to Swartz Creek on the 23rd to support the AMVETS poker run that Medic1 organized to benefit Camp Hope...a facility that suppports disabled veterans. I sure would like to see folks from our Spyder community support this effort and join us for the ride and good times. I believe Medic1 has a link here in the forums for more info on this event. Hope to see some of our members join us......Larry

I think I am going to be there too.

Dragon Snake
04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking on being there if I get my tryke back from the shop and the weather is nice. Hope to hook up with you guys.:ohyea:

dltang
04-15-2011, 10:11 PM
That would be great. I am inviting my father in law as this is also a classic car poker run along with the bikes. He loves the old cars and even has one he may want to bring.

medic 1
04-16-2011, 05:03 PM
We would love to have as many spyderlovers as possible since we have some HOG chapters that are planning on attending. When Ann Marie and I started planning this we hoped on about 100. Now if the weather is nice approx 400 have plans to attend :2excited:. It is a 90 mile ride with the stops about 15-20 miles apart. As of now 37 raffles, 7 live auctions, 50/50 where we are paying out 5 places and the poker hands are paid out till 12th place :2thumbs:. If you are wondering what or where Camp Hope is visit their website
www.chrisnealfarm.com (http://www.chrisnealfarm.com)

If anyone needs directions call me 810-577-4457 and I'll talk ya in,
please see the posting further down on the MI site for the flyer.

Thanks all and we will see you on the 23rd. Bill and Ann Marie

RTaz
04-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I wish we could make it since it's practically in my back yard...but both Devl and I are still on the mend..we hope to be riding sometime in May if we are lucky...:gaah:

dltang
04-16-2011, 07:37 PM
We would love to have as many spyderlovers as possible since we have some HOG chapters that are planning on attending. When Ann Marie and I started planning this we hoped on about 100. Now if the weather is nice approx 400 have plans to attend :2excited:. It is a 90 mile ride with the stops about 15-20 miles apart. As of now 37 raffles, 7 live auctions, 50/50 where we are paying out 5 places and the poker hands are paid out till 12th place :2thumbs:. If you are wondering what or where Camp Hope is visit their website
www.chrisnealfarm.com (http://www.chrisnealfarm.com)

If anyone needs directions call me 810-577-4457 and I'll talk ya in,
please see the posting further down on the MI site for the flyer.

Thanks all and we will see you on the 23rd. Bill and Ann Marie

Bill, it will be nice to finally meet you. We are so close, it is crazy we haven't been able to get together. Hey I have a question for you. This involves classic cars too, right? My father in law is into cars and he wants to come over after we get back from the poker run. About what time do you expect folks to finish the run and is that when all the other events get going?
I'll be there even though it may be cold, I will bundle up and ride. AmVets is the one charity I have given to regularly over the years that is not part of our church. I don't really know why, I don't have any wounded vets in my family, I just feel it in my heart. See all you SpyderLovers Sat. I'll probably get there right about 9:30 or so. Get me a t-shirt....:D

medic 1
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Deb, this most certinatly involves classic cars or basically any vehicle that can make the ride in the alotted time. More the merrier since all proceeds benefit those veterans who need extra help that can't be obtained via normal channels. The day will progress from reg/breakfast/shirts to the ride, after dinner and all the raffles, door prizes and auctions. We are planning on being done with the event maybe around 6ish. Just let your Father in law know that it is $15.00 per person in the veh same as being 2 up on a bike, but the poker hands are optional.

If you want a tattoo, there will even be someone there doing a 50/50 drawing for 1:roflblack:. Starbucks is doing a coffee booth for donations which they will match. So far over $4000.00 in prizes have been donated so there is alot of very nice stuff that can be won.

Looking forward to meeting you
Bill

dltang
04-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi Deb, this most certinatly involves classic cars or basically any vehicle that can make the ride in the alotted time. More the merrier since all proceeds benefit those veterans who need extra help that can't be obtained via normal channels. The day will progress from reg/breakfast/shirts to the ride, after dinner and all the raffles, door prizes and auctions. We are planning on being done with the event maybe around 6ish. Just let your Father in law know that it is $15.00 per person in the veh same as being 2 up on a bike, but the poker hands are optional.

If you want a tattoo, there will even be someone there doing a 50/50 drawing for 1:roflblack:. Starbucks is doing a coffee booth for donations which they will match. So far over $4000.00 in prizes have been donated so there is alot of very nice stuff that can be won.

Looking forward to meeting you
Bill

Thanks for the info Bill, but he isn't going to ride or drive in the poker run. He just wants to be there for all the other stuff. What time do you expect the poker run part to be finished so he can meet me there and participate in the raffles and auctions and check out all the cars and bikes? Thanks again.

medic 1
04-16-2011, 09:28 PM
It depends on when you leave and how much time you spend at each stop. Figure if you leave at 10 you should be back around 2 roughly. If your father in law wants to eat we are just asking a $5.00 donation and he is more than welcome to participate in all the after activities he wants to. Tell him to bring his car along I'm sure others will be looking at all the nice cars and bikes as well, I know I will be.

Rando
04-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Did anyone make this? How was it?

medic 1
04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
dltang made it, sure was nice to finally meet her. littlebadwolf had some obligations come up and couldn't. That was all for spyderlovers, lots of people were looking at Deb's and our spyders. Since I was running non stop all day Deb had the pleasure of showing and talking about them to many people, Thanks Deb.

We had 95 riders in total which is good for a 1st year event, made some mistakes and learned alot for future years. Since the event was named after Ann Marie's son Brandon we had 60 of the Leatherneck MC that stopped over after their statewide meeting to pay their respects for a fallen Marine brother.

This will be an annual event so we are looking forward meeting more people and more opportunties for spyderlovers to shine.

Hope to see ya next year, Bill
PS thanks for asking