PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems

Tad Leslie
04-13-2011, 08:00 PM
New owner of 2011 RT-S, SE5 (not real happy) to many unknowns. A lot of money for a delux bike, requiring to many add on's. I was lead to believe ryder intercom and radio were achieved with blue tooth. I had a trailer hitched installed, hoping I could use the two (2) trailers I have. They installed the receptacl for the RT-22 trailer. Anyway when I connected the wire's to the receptacl & to my six wire connector, and pluged my trailer in I lost all current to the to connector on the spyder. As best I can find out there is some kind of module with diodes. Need help, ready to give it back. Dealer is no help. Where can I buy the other half of the connector (Trl side) away from BRP?

ntxYguy2009
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Tad,

:welcome:

Sorry to hear about your problems. This site is a wealth of information. I have a '10 RT-S. I certainly understand your compliant about buying a luxury motorcycle and still needing to spend more to add options.

I don't have a trailer, but have seen many posts on this site where people have made custom connectors to attach their non-BRP trailers. Send a PM to NancysToy. He has worked with hooking up different trailers. You can also send a PM to Draboo. He just finished hooking up a trailer for his cross country trip. I think he got help from NancysToy too! If you want some dealer assistance, give Len a call at Cowtown. He will assist you in any way he can.

David

Tad Leslie
04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
My problem was a blown fuse controling the trailer module, no thanks to the dealer for help. Still looking for an outside source for the trailer side of the trailer connector.

Tad Leslie
05-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I recently tried putting my 2011 RTSe5 in trailer mode, when I do it will not shift out of first gear, any ideas? Does anyone know how to get hold of a BRP Tech? (tele # or E-mail address).

Thanks

Y Rider
05-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I recently tried putting my 2011 RTSe5 in trailer mode, when I do it will not shift out of first gear, any ideas? Does anyone know how to get hold of a BRP Tech? (tele # or E-mail address).

Thanks

When you're in "Trailer Mode" you need to be running at least 5000 RPM before it will shift. I don't use this mode unless my RT-622 is loaded. I just remember to shift at a higher RPM when the trailer is attached.