PDA

View Full Version : 'Region Settings'?

MarkLawson
04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
On the settings screen, with 'Audio' in the first column, in the second column, there is a setting for 'Region Settings'. In the third column, you then have options 'A' through 'G'.

I cannot find anything on this in the owner's manual or the service manual.

Anyone know?

stevedfive
04-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Regions are countries and Region "A" is USA stations

MarkLawson
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
That makes sense. Thanks!

NancysToy
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Region A is the US and Canada. The regions are shown in the 2011 Operator's Guide. It was an oversight for 2010.

REGION COUNTRIES
A
– USA
– Canada
– South Africa
B
– Austria
– Denmark
– France
– Iceland
– Israel
– Kuwait
– Romania
– Slovakia
– Slovenia
– Spain
– Switzerland
– Turkey
– UAE
– UK/Ireland
C
– Japan
D
– Australia
– New Zealand
– China
– Malaysia
– Italy
E
– Taiwan
F
– Benelux
– Germany
– Greece
– Poland
– Portugal
– Russia
G
– Argentina
– Brazil
– Cayman
– Chile
– Columbia
– CostaRica
– Curacao
– Dominican
Rep.
– Guadeloupe
– Mexico
– Puerto Rico
– Venezuela
H
– Bulgaria
– Ukraine

chris56
04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
still does NOT work on mine - it forgets the adjustments after some starts .. :dontknow:
chris

MouthPiece
04-13-2011, 10:55 AM
still does NOT work on mine - it forgets the adjustments after some starts .. :dontknow:
chris

That's fixable. Mine kept going to French. Dealer will fix.

Chris PE# 0004

Slybird
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Chris PE# 0004

So when you have your radio set on a Classic Rock station, does Stairway To Heaven come out in French AND has your dealer taken the appropriate Rosetta Stone course so that he can communicate with the :spyder:? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

chris56
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Chris PE# 0004

thanks .. could you ask what he did ..

eddieshep999
04-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I have a 2010 Spyder RT - S

Here in the UK

I can set up Region B using the mode button and find all the channels I want - If I just listen to the Radio all is fine,
When I switch off the Spyder and later switch it back on Region B is still there.

But it's when I move from Radio to select GPS or I pod via AUX after
switching off the Spyder the Radio resets itself back to Region A

My dealer did try to fix in Jan but was unable to
To overcome this issue If i select the GPS or I Pod instead of Radio before switching off I have to go into the Preferences Screen
and change the Region back to B - Switch off and then when I switch my Spyder back on its on Region B with all my presets are saved

As a note Region B Gives us FM MW and LW Radio bands we don't get the Option of WX (weather channel)
Although this is shown in Region A
But I don't belive we can access this anyway in the UK

I would like to get a Permanent fix - So would be intrested how a dealer found a fix

Eddie Sheppard

Reading UK

MouthPiece
04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
So when you have your radio set on a Classic Rock station, does Stairway To Heaven come out in French AND has your dealer taken the appropriate Rosetta Stone course so that he can communicate with the :spyder:? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Gotta love that one!!!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

MarkLawson
04-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Chris PE# 0004

Mine did the same thing and the dealer swapped out the display. When I would turn on the key, the display was in French. I would change it to English, but it would go back to French after turning off the key and then back on. It just wouldn't hold the setting. This was over a year ago & there may be a process now to fix it rather than swapping displays...

Mr. White
04-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Mark, off the subject, but really enjoyed meeting you and your brothers at the Texas Trike Reunion. Did any of you get into the storms on the way home?

:spyder2: