PDA

View Full Version : troubleshooting

Kim
04-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Does anyone out there do there own spyder repair. Where can a guy get a shop repair manual and the troubleshooting software. I am tired of hauling this thing 2 1/2 hours down the road for someone to tell me they need to order a part.

thanks

arntufun
04-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I got my 08 shop manual on a CD format (searchable and printable) from ebay for under 10 bucks. Diagnosing the problem without the B.U.D.S. is the tough part. Sure you maybe able to know what the code stands for, but under the code is 4-5 possible causes of the problem. But if your dealer is like mine almost every single Spyder part had to be ordered. The wait for a part is 4 days minimal. So yes, we have to face the fact that we must go to the dealer anyways whether to pick up parts or to have them fix it. Just remember if you pick up parts and thats not the problem guess what you just wasted more time and even more money cause your going back there. Good luck !!!

Spyderjohn
04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Try " midwestmanuals.com "

SpyderWolf
04-11-2011, 08:22 PM
You cannot get a legitimate copy of BUDS. Anything that is a software related issue, such as sensor calibration, has to be taken to a dealer for assistance.

Sorry to be the bearer of that bad news.