PDA

View Full Version : I shed 20 pounds today

SpyderAnn01
04-10-2011, 02:36 PM
of winter riding gear! Went from jacket liner, heavy pants, a hood and the heated grips on high yesterday to opening the vents on the jacket and helmet and still being warm today. Forget about Spring has Sprung we went right to summer 84 degrees. :clap:

dancogan
04-10-2011, 02:57 PM
I know just what you mean. Today was all mesh gear, but I made the mistake of wearing a long sleeve T underneath. Definitely not needed in the 80F temps! :ohyea:

Spyder Cat
04-10-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm thinkin' that's one of the reasons Spyders have frunks . . . to carry all of our extra gear. This time of year, we can have sun, wind, rain, hail, sun . . . all in the same 3 hour trip! Ya just gotta ryde! :2thumbs:

dltang
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Just got back from a ride myself, started out with my BRP Technical jacket and ended the ride in my t-shirt. What a great day to be spydering.

NancysToy
04-10-2011, 08:16 PM
:D I'm still smiling, too. Nancy and I rode to Ionia for a special showing of the indie film Deuce of Spades (http://www.deuceofspadesmovie.com/), in the restored Art Deco Ionia Theater. Great movie! When we left Ionia, it was 87! Nancy had worn mesh with a liner, but I wore leather...big mistake. For the trip home we were down to T-shirts, which we very seldom do. Guess our blood isn't thin enough yet. Considering today's original forecast for severe weather and heavy rain, it was a welcome surprise. Sunshine, warm weather, hotrods, a Spyder ride, and taking your best gal to the movies. It doesn't get much better than that! :thumbup:

SpyderWolf
04-10-2011, 09:54 PM
:2thumbs:

Glad to hear you all are finally getting some good weather and able to get out for those rydes.

Dragonrider
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
54F & rain - she stayed in the garage. Spring isn't here yet!!! We've only had two days close to 60F, so far.....

Some Guy
04-11-2011, 05:14 AM
"Some Girl" and I rode about 200 miles...just because it was so nice.

It sure was a lot different than the day before! :clap:

murphybrown
04-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Yesterday..left home at 47'....only thing I shed when I headed back was the extra fleece top...I am packing all weather gear for trip to Spyderfest...only thing I am leaving here is my leathers..they just take to much room..so going mesh, liners, gerbing heated, rain gear...figure that should just about cover me no matter what I hit...
Way I have it figured...Ma Nature could throw it all my way.. until St. George, UT...then maybe I can start shedding heated at that point. But i am ready...bring it on...now snow/ice...nope not even leaving...don't mind the rain..will not do snow/ice. Any other conditions and I'm arydin'

SpyderAnn01
04-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Yesterday..left home at 47'....only thing I shed when I headed back was the extra fleece top...I am packing all weather gear for trip to Spyderfest...only thing I am leaving here is my leathers..they just take to much room..so going mesh, liners, gerbing heated, rain gear...figure that should just about cover me no matter what I hit...
Way I have it figured...Ma Nature could throw it all my way.. until St. George, UT...then maybe I can start shedding heated at that point. But i am ready...bring it on...now snow/ice...nope not even leaving...don't mind the rain..will not do snow/ice. Any other conditions and I'm arydin'

I know what you mean about packing for Spyderfest the weather could do just about anything so what to bring. Can't decide if I'm bringing the trailer or not.