PDA

View Full Version : MI Chapter SpyderLovers T-shirts

dltang
04-10-2011, 01:06 PM
I checked with Lamont and he is cool with us having MI SpyderLovers.com t-shirts. This is the concept I have sent to Mark at CAT:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/images-6-1.jpg
This logo or something like it would be on the front of an official SpyderLovers t-shirt. The back logo is this:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/SpyderDecalt.jpg

I believe they come in black or grey. Mark would like to know how many would order this shirt? So post here if this is something you will order and size. I am having him come up with pricing as well. The current prices on the 3 button henley's are $21, Long Sleeve t's are $21 and the short sleeve t's are $18. I do not know how different that will be for the MI shirts but as soon as I know, I will post it here. So please let me know soon so I can give him an idea sooner than later. I know a few folks asked about having a MI shirt before Spyderfest, all I can do is ask but not sure if it can be done that fast. Thanks everyone.
Deb

dltang
04-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I'll start, Brian and I will each take an X-L long sleeve T. I might even want the Henley 3 button now that I think of it.

SpyderAnn01
04-10-2011, 02:57 PM
My first preference would be the henley and second choice the long sleeve. If they are men's sizes I want a medium and if ladies an extra large. I only want one shirt so put me down for whatever one is easier to order. Thanks.

dancogan
04-10-2011, 03:07 PM
One XL Henley for me and one small short sleeve T for Geri, both in gray. Thanks for your work on this!

Littlebadwolf
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
2 Henley's for us...one large, 1 XL

Boots
04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I checked with Lamont and he is cool with us having MI SpyderLovers.com t-shirts. This is the concept I have sent to Mark at CAT:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/images-6-1.jpg
This logo or something like it would be on the front of an official SpyderLovers t-shirt. The back logo is this:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/SpyderDecalt.jpg

I believe they come in black or grey. Mark would like to know how many would order this shirt? So post here if this is something you will order and size. I am having him come up with pricing as well. The current prices on the 3 button henley's are $21, Long Sleeve t's are $21 and the short sleeve t's are $18. I do not know how different that will be for the MI shirts but as soon as I know, I will post it here. So please let me know soon so I can give him an idea sooner than later. I know a few folks asked about having a MI shirt before Spyderfest, all I can do is ask but not sure if it can be done that fast. Thanks everyone.
Deb
hi I would be interested in a short sleeve shirt with Michigan on it.I would wear a small.Thankyyou Deb carousel1958:2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I forgot about the color choice. Too many options and I get confused! How about grey for me.

spydrluvr
04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
black henle 2xl if available, thanks

Some Guy
04-11-2011, 05:10 AM
I'd like a black Henley - size XL.

:2thumbs:

bjt
04-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I'll start, Brian and I will each take an X-L long sleeve T. I might even want the Henley 3 button now that I think of it.

XL tall if they have tall sizes...

Dragon Snake
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi I need two black short sleeve tees one xl one lg thanks They are going to look sooooo cool!:2thumbs:

dltang
04-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Okay, everyone, here is what they designed for us. What do you think?
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/T.jpg

I sent them this email response:
Just a couple of questions. Is this the back or the front? If it is the back, what is on the front if anything? Also, just curious, I kind of thought this was a SpyderLovers MI chapter, not just a Spyder MI chapter, Lamont did give us the go ahead for that. Do you have prices? I posted this in the MI forum on SpyderLovers. We will see what kind of feedback comes in. Everyone is going to want to know the costs though and if they can order directly from you or if I need to put together a group order. I do really like the design though. It is very nice. I think I personally would like this on the back and maybe SpyderLovers in small print on the front or something like that. I will probably start getting feedback when everyone is home from Spyderfest. I will keep you posted. Thank you for all the hard work.
Deb

So, everyone please give me your input as well.

ladyryder
04-30-2011, 08:26 AM
I think the black mich chapter shirt is awsome. if it will be avalable put in for a size medium please. Is this something we michiganders can buy on line? I hope so cause with my job I had to give up my vacation. so theres not goin to be a lot of riding time. not happy about that.:spyder::yes:

dancogan
04-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Nice design but I'm not sure about the feathers or flames or whatever coming out of the Spyder. I think it detracts, but that's just me. What I don't care for is the Specialties, Inc. and phone number. Will that appear on the shirt? I like the map of Michigan and the bike itself - very nice!

dltang
04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Nice design but I'm not sure about the feathers or flames or whatever coming out of the Spyder. I think it detracts, but that's just me. What I don't care for is the Specialties, Inc. and phone number. Will that appear on the shirt? I like the map of Michigan and the bike itself - very nice!

No, the Specialties stuff will not be on the shirt. That is just there in the photo prototype so people can not copy it illegally.

Dragon Snake
05-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I really like the design. I think the wings give it a 50's retro look and I think just the word Spyder on the back would look good. We could put Spyderlovers.com on the front but the back design would make it unique to Michigan ryders. It really is a super nice design. Great job.

fastfraser
05-01-2011, 05:31 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/T.jpg

Just a couple of questions. Is this the back or the front? If it is the back, what is on the front if anything? Also, just curious, I kind of thought this was a SpyderLovers MI chapter, not just a Spyder MI chapter, Lamont did give us the go ahead for that. Do you have prices? I posted this in the MI forum on SpyderLovers. We will see what kind of feedback comes in. Everyone is going to want to know the costs though and if they can order directly from you or if I need to put together a group order. I do really like the design though. It is very nice. I think I personally would like this on the back and maybe SpyderLovers in small print on the front or something like that. I will probably start getting feedback when everyone is home from Spyderfest. I will keep you posted. Thank you for all the hard work.
Deb

:2thumbs: Outsiders opinion. Sweeeeeet !!!!

spydrluvr
05-02-2011, 01:49 PM

Deb

Wow! really nice design....any possibility it could just say Michigan Spyder Ryders....like the other states? Like the design though very much

dltang
05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
This design is not final. I want to clear up a few things for everyone to start with. This is the MI chapter of SpyderLovers and the shirt will reflect that. I like this design but think it may be a bit much. All I was really looking for was a SpyerLovers T-shirt with the MI chapter on the front. Of course, this could still be the design on the back of the shirt. I like the idea of a small MI on the front breast though with SpyderLovers. They are also wanted to see if we can get 50 pieces ordered before they officially do any artwork. So please, everyone, keep the comments flowing and the ideas and if you would order or not. CAT will be checking out this thread.

RTaz
05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Although Devl and I have yet to ride with the Michigan SpyderLover we do plan on it in the future...we have been members of clubs in the past I was a State Rep. for a club here in Michigan for many years...we have known Mark and Lynn from Cat specialties for many years and have bought stuff from them for like 10yrs. they are TOP NOTCH people and stand by their products...whatever design you do decide on you can count on us to buy at least two shirts ...

dltang
05-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Although Devl and I have yet to ride with the Michigan SpyderLover we do plan on it in the future...we have been members of clubs in the past I was a State Rep. for a club here in Michigan for many years...we have known Mark and Lynn from Cat specialties for many years and have bought stuff from them for like 10yrs. they are TOP NOTCH people and stand by their products...whatever design you do decide on you can count on us to buy at least two shirts ...

Thank you, and I can't wait until we can finally meet you two and really go on a ride. How is everyone doing by the way? Do you think you will be ready for a day ride at the "tunnel" on June 4th? Just throwing some idea's out there for you.

Dragon Snake
05-02-2011, 07:12 PM
WE need at least two. large and x-large. Still like the design. We could change spyder to spyderlovers and keep it in the same place in the design. Let us know prices and a tentative date. Thanks for all your work on this.

RTaz
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Thank you, and I can't wait until we can finally meet you two and really go on a ride. How is everyone doing by the way? Do you think you will be ready for a day ride at the "tunnel" on June 4th? Just throwing some idea's out there for you.

I was able to ride Devls Spyder yesterday ..things went well so I took my Valkyrie out...I'm ready ...Devl is doing well but still might take awhile...we have ridden the tunnel of trees many times but I don't think Devl's hand will be up to the challenge yet...but you never know we may be able to do it...we have had some plan's made to ride to Petoskey on Sat. May 28th with some friends...so we are hoping to be ready...

next weekend the Mich. VRCC club is having a BBQ in Freeland if anyone wishes to stop by you will be welcomed...here is the info...even though its past the rsvp deadline thats okay...they are a great group of folks that welcome all riders...
2011 kick off BBQ (http://forums.mivrcc.com/index.php/topic,2343.msg12185.html#msg12185)

Quote (http://forums.mivrcc.com/index.php?action=post;quote=12185;topic=2343.0;las t_msg=12454)

It's been a long winter and what better way to kick off the 2011 riding season than with a BBQ ride. On Saturday, May 7th at noon Pam and I will be hosting a season opening BBQ at the Tittabawassee Township Park in Freeland. The address is 9200 Midland Rd. which is about 2 miles north of the light in Freeland. You'll be turning left onto Midland Rd off M-47 (look for the Tittabawassee Township Park sign) and go about 1/4 mile with the entrance on the right. Come rain or shine because we have reserved pavillion #1. There are nice bathrooms there along with horseshoe and volleyball pits. We will be providing the meat and drinks. A dish to pass would be greatly appreciated. Please r.s.v.p. by April 25th so we know how much meat to buy. Lets hope it don't look like the pictures below so that we all can ride in on 2 wheels.

Joe(ridingdragon)Errante
http://forums.mivrcc.com/index.php

SpyderAnn01
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Have you ever had a t-shirt that had a big design on it and wound up feeling like you were wearing a giant rubber rectangle? That would be my worry that there is so much going on that it would be rubbery. I liked your first design with the state map.

Thanks for working on this project I really appreciate it.

bjt
05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Have you ever had a t-shirt that had a big design on it and wound up feeling like you were wearing a giant rubber rectangle? That would be my worry that there is so much going on that it would be rubbery. I liked your first design with the state map.

Thanks for working on this project I really appreciate it.

:agree:

Deb and I have talked about this a little bit over the past few weeks and I've told her a few times that I prefer something more along the lines of what she first proposed. I don't want an entirely new design. The thinking originally was that we would just have a shirt to designate us as a Michigan offshoot or chapter of SpyderLovers. Not some new Michigan Spyder organization. Though I appreciate his design, it's not what we had originally intended.

NancysToy
05-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Deb and I have talked about this a little bit over the past few weeks and I've told her a few times that I prefer something more along the lines of what she first proposed. I don't want an entirely new design. The thinking originally was that we would just have a shirt to designate us as a Michigan offshoot or chapter of SpyderLovers. Not some new Michigan Spyder organization. Though I appreciate his design, it's not what we had originally intended.
:agree: I like the simple one.

spydrluvr
05-02-2011, 09:33 PM
I also very much like the original design proposed...

RTGENE
05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
To D & B

OK OK-----my brother was born in Mt Clemens Michigan. I lived there also and-graduated from the 6th Grade. Plus I have lots of spyder friends that live in Michigan.

If this qualifies me to vote------I'm for the blue Michigan map upper and lower.
Tastefully done.
Put me down for two size XL
That will complete my wardrobe for the 3 lakes in 3 days.

dancogan
05-03-2011, 06:23 AM
:agree: I like the simple one.

+1 :thumbup:

dltang
05-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Ok, everyone, I have been in touch with Mark at CAT and explained we were looking for something a bit simpler. Like I said at first the SpyderLovers t-shirt with a MI designation on the front. I think he is getting there. This is what he has come up with for the front of the shirt. I am taking your input and relaying it all too him so don't be shy. I also think he checks out the forum as well.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/frontMItshirt.jpg

My only suggestion on this is that the text be moved down a little bit. I think it covers up too much of the MI emblem. Maybe the word SpyderLovers could be started as low as Detroit.

I also like the idea of nothing on the back and just this on the front left. A nice touch without overdoing it. What do you think.

bjt
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I think the words Michigan Chapter should be the same size or a little smaller than the word SpyderLover. I was going to say that SpyderLovers.com (not just Spyder Lovers) should be the most prominent but looking through the shirts that Lamont has had CAT make for SpyderLovers, few if any say SpyderLovers.com. I guess I would still prefer the wording to be SpyderLovers.com stating that we are a local group joined together by the Spyder and SpyderLovers.com.

I just had a question, is this going to be embroidered or silkscreened? I would prefer silkscreened unless we were getting a denim shirt.

docdoru
05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
What do you think.
Must add on yours the word "Huligan"...:roflblack:

TicketBait
05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
SpyderLovers Michigan Chapter

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst036.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/th_stout26.gif (http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/stout26.gif)

Just a suggestion but how about your state flag altered where you have a picture of a spyder RT and RS in the area
of the flag where the man holding the rifle and the sun are and have the patch designed in the shape of your state.

Also would like to see a standardized spyderlovers patch that would be used on the front of the shirt for all 50 states,
in the shape of the United States or if we think globaly, the World map. The current one is of an RS and in the
wrong colors. Red white and black are used for the web site theme.

jmo TicketBait,

dancogan
05-11-2011, 06:16 AM
...My only suggestion on this is that the text be moved down a little bit. I think it covers up too much of the MI emblem. Maybe the word SpyderLovers could be started as low as Detroit.

I also like the idea of nothing on the back and just this on the front left. A nice touch without overdoing it. What do you think.

SpyderAnn01
05-11-2011, 07:52 AM
My only suggestion on this is that the text be moved down a little bit. I think it covers up too much of the MI emblem. Maybe the word SpyderLovers could be started as low as Detroit.

I was having a senior moment and couldn't figure out where it said Detroit on the shirt. Duh! Once I figured out you were talking geography I got it and :agree:

spydrluvr
05-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Design is very nice....so glad there are talented people like you out there that can put these things together:2thumbs:

NancysToy
05-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Still a little frilly for me. I prefer real simple.

RTGENE
05-15-2011, 09:26 AM
MsD
I still like your first design with just the Michigan and spyderlovers.com on the front ---nothing more---tastefully simple.
That will finish off my summer wardrobe needs.

RLS
05-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey Deb,
Joan and I like the last design. We agree that Spyderlovers should be a bit lower, so as not to cover up the state so much. We like the Henley shirt. So Joan would like a medium, and I would like XXL tall if available. Sorry, forgot what colors are going to be available.
Thanks for all your work on this,
Bob and Joan

maggiemom
05-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks to Dragon Snake for telling me about this site. We met at the Blessing of the Bikes in Baldwin. I would be interested in two of the long sleeve T's, one large and one extra large. I am just learning how to use this site so bear with me.:f_spider:

dltang
05-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks to Dragon Snake for telling me about this site. We met at the Blessing of the Bikes in Baldwin. I would be interested in two of the long sleeve T's, one large and one extra large. I am just learning how to use this site so bear with me.:f_spider:
:welcome: The t-shirt design is almost final and prices and colors and styles available will be out soon. I will also list how to order them. I need to find out if we need one group order of if they will let us order directly from CAT. If we do one group order, I will take the order and everyone can pay me by paypal and I will pay at one time to CAT. I am really hoping though that we all can just order directly from CAT.

Here is what I am sending him for the final idea. The latest front logo with the words moved down a bit, they are just too high on the state. The colors of the logo should be complementary to the colors of the SpyderLovers Logo on the back.

Coming very soon now, thank you for your patience everyone. It does seem to be a process.

dltang
05-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Here is a copy of what I just sent to C.A.T. regarding our T-shirts. We are almost there everyone.

Mark,
I do believe we are almost there. The only suggestion both by others and myself on this one is that the words are to high up on the state. They need to be lower. I realize this is a left breast design so we are also aware that means the words may have to be a little smaller. Also, I would say it is safe to assume that the color of the front logo will match or compliment the SpyderLovers logo that is on the back of the shirt, correct? That just leaves me with this next questions.
1. I still don't have 50 orders. Are we going to be able to get this with less than 50 pieces?
2. Will I need to place one group order or will people be able to just go to your site for the shirt?
3. Will this be available in both Henley and Long and Short sleeve T's?
3. What are the color choices?
4. Price ranges by style of shirt?

I do have many people ready to place an order, I just need some info. I know you are waiting to finalize the design so that a price can be determined. Thanks again for all of your help.
Deb

dltang
05-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Hey Everyone,
The shirts are almost final and Mark is going to have a spot on his site so that we can place our orders individually. It looks like our shirt color choices are probably going to be black and white but I have also requested heather grey, so we will see. The prices will vary depending on what style shirt you order. Those will be on his site soon. Probably will have short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts and henley style is my guess. As soon as he is set up for ordering, I will post it here. I have asked if he can try to have it available before the BRP event. So hopefully that will happen and that will be so cool. I know it has been a long process, but the best part of it is that we are all part of it. :2thumbs: These truly will be MI SpyderLover shirts. Thanks for all the input and suggestions everyone. Don't forget to check out the Tunnel of Trees ride on June 4th. Just a nice one day Sat. lunch meet and ride.