PDA

View Full Version : Schuberth C3 helmet

GaryTheBadger
04-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Anyone here using a Schuberth C3 helmet? Is it really as quiet as Motorcycle Consumer News says? (Mar 2011 issue). They say the quietness is "eerie", but $700 is alot for a helmet, I can't find a discount anywhere, so I'm seeking feedback before taking the plunge. Thanks.

pauly1
04-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I tried one on at the local International Motorcycle Show over winter. There is a lot of fabric seal pieces to close off around the head; I think the 'quiet' references wind noise and buffeting as I could hear people next to me talking. I liked the fit and it was reasonable light. Frankly, I'd be concerned about heat and humidity in warm weather (>80 degF) riding (as well as the cost:gaah:).

They are European fit, which is better for my oval head vs. the typical Asian design for more round profiles. I currently wear a Nolan N102.

sabunim5
04-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Gary,
Here is a link to a review by a site I use a lot. I have no personal experience with this helmet. I would love to by it and the bluetooth system that is made for it, but the cost is just not in my current budget.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/schuberth-c3/
Steven

RodO
04-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I can't comment on the C3, but I'm very satisfied with the C2 I've used for the past 3 years. If, as claimed, the C3 is even lighter and quieter, it would be wonderful -- although neither are a problem with mine.

Fit and finish are excellent and the visor is very water tight. I got mine because I wear glasses and the flip-up front and the built-in sun visor are worth the price of admission. The euro-type buckle is great too.

YMMV,
Rod.

Firefly
04-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Gary,
Here is a link to a review by a site I use a lot. I have no personal experience with this helmet. I would love to by it and the bluetooth system that is made for it, but the cost is just not in my current budget.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/schuberth-c3/
Steven

PRetty sure their bluetooth system is made by Cardo..... not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing depending on what other bluetooth helmets you wish to pair with.