PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Fest Chili Cook-Off update

BumbleBee
04-09-2011, 07:55 PM
At the Meet and Greet at the Wagon Wheel Motel and Restaurant on Thursday evening we have worked in a chili cook off. It’s kind of a Mo Gang thing. It’s hard to have a get-together without having chili in a pot.
It will be a Mo Gang challenge sort of thing and a way for the Mo Gang to show our appreciation for everyone showing up and spending the weekend with us. We already have 6 couples signed up to create a pot of chili and it looks as though there may be more. We will let you all Judge which batch is best.
At this cook off we're having everyone be the judge! At the same time we will be helping out one of our local charities, the “Friday Back Packs for Cuba” program.
Friday Backpacks for Cuba provides local school children with backpacks filled with kid-friendly, nutritious food. The food is packed in non-descript backpacks and given to the children every Friday so that they have food to eat over the weekend.
Studies have shown that children who have food-insecurities, i.e. not enough food to eat, achieve less at school than their better fed counterparts. This program is designed to level the playing field for these children.
This is a confidential program.
Each chili will have a voting “Tip Jar”. In each “Tip Jar”, you can place a coin or bill (of any denomination) to represent your vote for your favorite chili. The winner will be determined by the amount of vot$ in the “Tip Jar”.
The real winner will be the Friday Back Packs for Cuba of course, as all the money raised will go to the program.
We will also have a grill there cooking brats and baked potatoes and homemade rolls. Plus we will have all the fixens.

I WILL BE PREPARING BUMBLEBEE'S BEST CHILI!
This Chili will not have a bite, but it might sting :2thumbs:
This is sure to be the BEST CHILI at the cook-off :firstplace:

johnnyg
04-09-2011, 08:01 PM
You go girl:roflblack::clap: cj

BumbleBee
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
VOTE FOR ME

Thanks johnnyg :)

SpyderWolf
04-09-2011, 09:16 PM
:2thumbs:

Sounds like an outstanding way to have a good get together and support a worthwhile charity at the same time.

Best of luck to all the entries.

dave01
04-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I vote for Bumblebee to be the Chili Ambassador..........................

ThreeFeet
04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I vote for Bumblebee to be the Chili Ambassador..........................:agree: but I WANT THE VOTES!!!!BUMBLEBEE YOU CAN BE QUEEN BEE and AMBASSADOR!!!:thumbup::roflblack:

jimclarkf1
04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
:clap:going to b a BLAST

SpyderWolf
04-09-2011, 09:48 PM
:clap:going to b a BLAST

Plenty of free gas too! :roflblack:

BumbleBee
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Bring lots of Tums :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Make sure you start eating them BEFORE you start eating the Chili :pray:

"Chili Ambassador..", Cool, just make sure you are in my line only :D

Sorry ThreeFeet, get in line :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Mo Lee
04-10-2011, 04:50 AM
I really don't think you have a chance, however if you have that much confidence maybe we should discuss a wager.

dave01
04-10-2011, 06:46 AM
I really don't think you have a chance, however if you have that much confidence maybe we should discuss a wager.

All of this TALK about the best Chili. Wait till we all get there and you all can live up to your names...

http://vinteeage.com/product-images/missouri-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-rad-rowdies-rad-rowdies-1.jpg

G-Man
04-10-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm thinking there may be extra "rest" stops on some of those longer rides on Friday. Pardon me, pass the grey poop-on. :doorag:

dave01
04-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm thinking there may be extra "rest" stops on some of those longer rides on Friday. Pardon me, pass the grey poop-on. :doorag:

It wont be safe ryding in the back of the pack....thats for sure

squeak
04-10-2011, 07:33 AM
At the Meet and Greet at the Wagon Wheel Motel and Restaurant on Thursday evening we have worked in a chili cook off. It’s kind of a Mo Gang thing. It’s hard to have a get-together without having chili in a pot.
It will be a Mo Gang challenge sort of thing and a way for the Mo Gang to show our appreciation for everyone showing up and spending the weekend with us. We already have 6 couples signed up to create a pot of chili and it looks as though there may be more. We will let you all Judge which batch is best.
At this cook off we're having everyone be the judge! At the same time we will be helping out one of our local charities, the “Friday Back Packs for Cuba” program.
Friday Backpacks for Cuba provides local school children with backpacks filled with kid-friendly, nutritious food. The food is packed in non-descript backpacks and given to the children every Friday so that they have food to eat over the weekend.
Studies have shown that children who have food-insecurities, i.e. not enough food to eat, achieve less at school than their better fed counterparts. This program is designed to level the playing field for these children.
This is a confidential program.
Each chili will have a voting “Tip Jar”. In each “Tip Jar”, you can place a coin or bill (of any denomination) to represent your vote for your favorite chili. The winner will be determined by the amount of vot$ in the “Tip Jar”.
The real winner will be the Friday Back Packs for Cuba of course, as all the money raised will go to the program.
We will also have a grill there cooking brats and baked potatoes and homemade rolls. Plus we will have all the fixens.

I WILL BE PREPARING BUMBLEBEE'S BEST CHILI!
This is sure to be the BEST CHILI at the cook-off :firstplace:
Hey how do you know that your Chili is the best? What about the other people, they might have a better Chili. I think I will have to choose the best when it is tasted. Who ever wins should be the Chili King or Queen.:b2b:

docdoru
04-10-2011, 07:41 AM
We can use this in the G&G Rally for the non-Spyder competitors...;)

SpyderWolf
04-10-2011, 09:02 AM

It wont be safe ryding in the back of the pack....thats for sure

Those are some very valid points to think about now that you mention it. :roflblack:

2NFrnt
04-10-2011, 05:44 PM

I love it Lee, never give up...you might get the Queen to go for it yet!!!:D

dave01
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
http://www.antennaballworld.com/106-164-medium/bumblebee.jpg?????????????????????

Oh-No, here you guys go again...LOL

Some Guy
04-11-2011, 05:24 AM

:roflblack:

GloryRyders
04-11-2011, 06:46 AM

Mo Lee, I think that you have been down this rode before:dontknow:. Bumblebee is talking a good game and trying to drum up votes early,:lecturef_smilie: but she really doesn't have the confidence to beat you, otherwise she would take you up on the wager.:roflblack:
I wonder who will win the trophy for Chili Champion:dontknow:

granpa in Cincy
04-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Bring lots of Tums :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Make sure you start eating them BEFORE you start eating the Chili :pray:

"Chili Ambassador..", Cool, just make sure you are in my line only :D

Sorry ThreeFeet, get in line :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

If I put money in the Tip Jar, do I HAVE to actually EAT the chili :yikes: :roflblack:

BumbleBee
04-11-2011, 06:49 PM
LEE
We have 2 weeks to prepare, BUT I AM NOT DYING MY HAIR STRIPED "Black and Yellow" :lecturef_smilie:
That bleachy crap ruins your hair :(
Come up with something reasonable!

You better come up with something else, or I will add something to your only face hair shaving, lets see maybe a chest wax :roflblack: :dontknow:

I am very confident, I will win over Lee :2thumbs:

pitbull
04-11-2011, 09:37 PM
LEE
We have 2 weeks to prepare, BUT I AM NOT DYING MY HAIR STRIPED "Black and Yellow" :lecturef_smilie:

You better come up with something else, or I will add something to your only face hair shaving, lets see maybe a chest wax :roflblack: :dontknow:

HHHUUUMMMMM sounds we do have a bet going on....I might just have to try to tip the scales one way or the other here:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Lets see what the terms come down to......The Famouse Molee shaved and babt faced.....and chest waxed wow!!!! OUCH OUCH OUCH. Things are really starting to heat up now !!!let the games begin:2thumbs: :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Mo Lee
04-12-2011, 05:02 AM
LEE

OK Spyderlovers throughout SpyderLand help me out here, what would be a comparable wager for Bumblebee to put up against my extended moustache that has not been shaved since 1983 when I attended NCO Academy. I'm not willing to wax my chest hairs no matter how bad I would like to see the Queen with yellow and black striped hair.:chat:

docdoru
04-12-2011, 05:13 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/hair-style.jpg?t=1302603074VS.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/4-12-20116-08-08AM.png?t=1302603116

Mo Lee
04-12-2011, 05:24 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/hair-style.jpg?t=1302603074VS.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/4-12-20116-08-08AM.png?t=1302603116
My point exactly, there is a whole lot of difference between a simple hair dye and TORTURE.

pitbull
04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
OK Spyderlovers throughout SpyderLand help me out here, what would be a comparable wager for Bumblebee to put up against my extended moustache that has not been shaved since 1983 when I attended NCO Academy. I'm not willing to wax my chest hairs no matter how bad I would like to see the Queen with yellow and black striped hair.:chat:
lol......this is getting good can't wait see what people come up with for the queen:ohyea:

Mo Lee
04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
I thought for sure you all would have some great ideas.

Painter Dan
04-12-2011, 08:35 PM
I thought for sure you all would have some great ideas.
Are your ears pierced?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack:

Mo Lee
04-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Are your ears pierced?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack:
I Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spyder:

Yazz
04-13-2011, 08:55 AM

Mo Lee, you are a brave man to shave your extended mustache as a wager. Don't worry about the chest waxing. It only hurts the first time.:shemademe_smilie:

We need to find something on the same level as shaving facial hair for BumbleBee. Hmmmm... too bad Tatt2r isn't coming. Maybe a nice henna Spyder tattoo would suffice for the Queen? :dontknow:

Love2Ride
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't know who had the brilliant idea of packing in a bunch of people and then feeding them beans. :roflblack: However, just FYI, I'll be selling Bean O at the front of the line! LOL And gas masks because there is always someone who thinks farting in crowded areas is hilarious.

Oh yeah, and for you more adventuresome types... bic lighters will also be for sale. :)
(I'm gonna make a killin!)

dltang
04-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't know who had the brilliant idea of packing in a bunch of people and then feeding them beans. :roflblack: However, just FYI, I'll be selling Bean O at the front of the line! LOL And gas masks because there is always someone who thinks farting in crowded areas is hilarious.

Oh yeah, and for you more adventuresome types... bic lighters will also be for sale. :)
(I'm gonna make a killin!)

:roflblack::roflblack: That is pretty funny

docdoru
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah, and for you more adventuresome types...
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/4-13-20112-27-33PM.png?t=1302719343

BumbleBee
04-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Yes my ears are pierced :D

No belly button, tried that twice, "I get an infection and get an allergic reaction to Nickel, metal, etc. So had to remove it.

Yazz! I already have a crown :)
Let Tatt2r come :2thumbs: :ohyea::yes::ohyea:

Better make it real simple Lee, shaving mustache and beard is nothing. Maybe a Tatoo for you too :)

Yazz
04-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes my ears are pierced :D

No belly button, tried that twice, "I get an infection and get an allergic reaction to Nickel, metal, etc. So had to remove it.

Yazz! I already have a crown :)
Let Tatt2r come :2thumbs: :ohyea::yes::ohyea:

Better make it real simple Lee, shaving mustache and beard is nothing. Maybe a Tatoo for you too :)

Glad you like the idea.

Tatt2r isn't coming. He's going to be a Grandpa! :2thumbs:

There has to be someone in Cuba or coming to Spyderfest who knows how to do a henna tatt...

SpyderLady
04-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Glad you like the idea.

Tatt2r isn't coming. He's going to be a Grandpa! :2thumbs:

There has to be someone in Cuba or coming to Spyderfest who knows how to do a henna tatt...

You know I am NOT against the ladies.... but why a henna tatto. Why not a real one that will always be there.:shemademe_smilie:

Painter Dan
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
You know I am NOT against the ladies.... but why a henna tatto. Why not a real one that will always be there.:shemademe_smilie:
:agree:Lets take a vote:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

GloryRyders
04-14-2011, 08:41 PM
:lecturef_smilie:Mo Lee, if you are willing to give up some hair than I think that Bumblebee should also be willing to do the same...............can we all say

MO-HAWK :gaah::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Mo Lee
04-15-2011, 05:14 AM
:lecturef_smilie:Mo Lee, if you are willing to give up some hair than I think that Bumblebee should also be willing to do the same...............can we all say

Thats a great idea Jim, that would almost be good enough to go up against a chest wax and a clean shave.

Mo Lee
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM

I just wonder if this is going to be the final results of the Chili Cook Off wager.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

GloryRyders
04-17-2011, 06:08 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Great pictures Mo Lee............it appears that BumbleBee is keeping a low profile:dontknow: Maybe she is researching how to make a better chili.:roflblack:

Mo Lee
04-17-2011, 06:16 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Great pictures Mo Lee............it appears that BumbleBee is keeping a low profile:dontknow: Maybe she is researching how to make a better chili.:roflblack:
I'm not sure but I heard she had a secret up her sleeve (Tuna Chili) :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

pitbull
04-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Come on queen! I now you have more fight in you than this. Molee is already posting pics with your trophy and nothing..........:gaah::gaah::roflblack::roflblack :