disability limiting the use of my legs. Is there a modification
available to a Spyder model that would allow for a mount carrying a
walker?

Thanks,

Wally

Papa
04-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Wally,

Check out the Enabled Spyder section on this forum. Lots of innovative folks out there have adapted Spyders for walkers and wheelchairs.

dave711
04-09-2011, 11:46 AM
contact setho on this board... He can help ya out for sure!

SethO
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
One of my neighbors owns a new RT. We were talking as I have a
disability limiting the use of my legs. Is there a modification
available to a Spyder model that would allow for a mount carrying a
walker?

Thanks,

Wally

mount it along the no pipe side similar to the guys that have folding wheelchairs there and get a isci handbrake for SURE, they are great and if you have leg trouble they are the best.

murlaw703
04-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I am new to the forums. I appreciate your recommendations on a walker as I cannot sit or stand for more than 10 minutes and can only lay for 30 minutes. I cannot even drive a car anymore, had to sell my Jag convertible ! This is off topic but may help someone who is like me that is looking to have some fun in their life. I test drove a Can Am RT-S and was amazed at how there is a cutout for the tailbone and the back of the seat comes up high enough to support the lower back, but does not put any pressure on my SI plates, the fused L4-S1 w/titanium rods/screws and does not touch any Fibromyalgia pressure points. I was amazed. Finally, something I could look forward to riding again !!!

Thanks to BRP for developing this bike and thanks to all of you who are thinking about the disabled, all a blessing !:yes:

IWN2RYD
04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi,
I am new to the forums. I appreciate your recommendations on a walker as I cannot sit or stand for more than 10 minutes and can only lay for 30 minutes. I cannot even drive a car anymore, had to sell my Jag convertible ! This is off topic but may help someone who is like me that is looking to have some fun in their life. I test drove a Can Am RT-S and was amazed at how there is a cutout for the tailbone and the back of the seat comes up high enough to support the lower back, but does not put any pressure on my SI plates, the fused L4-S1 w/titanium rods/screws and does not touch any Fibromyalgia pressure points. I was amazed. Finally, something I could look forward to riding again !!!

Thanks to BRP for developing this bike and thanks to all of you who are thinking about the disabled, all a blessing !:yes:

:welcome:

Venom21
04-19-2011, 08:29 AM
As Seth-O mentioned earlier ISCI does have products and options to cater to the disabled rider. We also give a 15% discount to disabled riders of any kind to help with the transition with riding again. You can call us direct at 1-800-838-9421 or visit our website at www.industrialspecialty.com

We will also be at Spyderfest.