PDA

View Full Version : A sad day is coming

dave01
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Looks like the time is here where we cant even pay those that are fighting for our freedom. Its a sad day indeed. I usually wont post things about the govt, but this hits close to home for me.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208669_122044477872746_100002015828166_147651_7256 049_n.jpg

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 08:50 PM
:agree:

Sad day indeed. Perhaps all of the congressman and senators should not get paid during the same period, or at a minmum freeze their salaries for 2 years like they have done to the other federal employees and contractors. :cus:

NancysToy
04-08-2011, 09:53 PM

Sad day indeed. Perhaps all of the congressman and senators should not get paid during the same period, or at a minmum freeze their salaries for 2 years like they have done to the other federal employees and contractors. :cus:
:agree: Taking pay while they behave irresponsibly should be a crime! Getting automatic raises while crying about spending is hypocritical, when they are telling others to tighten their belts. Too bad we can't add "None of the above" to the next ballot!

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
:agree: Taking pay while they behave irresponsibly should be a crime! Getting automatic raises while crying about spending is hypocritical, when they are telling others to tighten their belts. Too bad we can't add "None of the above" to the next ballot!

I am one who definitely believes in term limits. 1 term in office and the next in jail. :roflblack:

NancysToy
04-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I am one who definitely believes in term limits. 1 term in office and the next in jail. :roflblack:
Oh, I don't think jail time should be limited. :roflblack:

bullant12
04-08-2011, 10:05 PM

:agree: They also froze our budgets, saying that we make more than the average private sector counterpart. That might be true in some aspects (I make a easy living, not complaining here) but there are many clerical workers that live in very high cost of living areas that have to take second and third jobs to make ends meet. And here they are getting pay raises every year because their cost of living demands it. That is why I do not believe in politicians!!!:gaah::gaah:

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Oh, I don't think jail time should be limited. :roflblack:

Good point! :2thumbs:

Bullant, I work for a federal contractor and they had the gall to pass the salary freezes all the way down to us. In the meantime it had no impact on them or their staff. This rates right up there with giving us a universal health care bill that they will not participate in. Voting themselves raises each year. Getting a pension and free medical and dental coverage for life after serving. These are things they took away from the military retirees who now have to buy into Prime Care and use Medicaid or go without. If anyone ever questions why government is expensive, there are many of your answers.

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 10:53 PM
MSNBC just posted a budget deal has been reached and there will be no shutdown.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42467884/ns/politics-capitol_hill/?GT1=43001

Firefly
04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
This was all just for show from both sides. They were gonna reach a deal and they all knew it. All this drama over a measly $38 billion- that's like one of us fighting over $10 ! Maybe now they can get back to real work!

woodchuck
04-08-2011, 11:49 PM
:agree: They also froze our budgets, saying that we make more than the average private sector counterpart. That might be true in some aspects (I make a easy living, not complaining here) but there are many clerical workers that live in very high cost of living areas that have to take second and third jobs to make ends meet. And here they are getting pay raises every year because their cost of living demands it. That is why I do not believe in politicians!!!:gaah::gaah:

For the last two years us senior citizens haven't received a cost of living raise in our Social Security. :gaah:Yet the big shots in Washington received a COL raise.
Then in our local paper, Our President said to get used to high gas prices because it will be here for a while. N ice HUH

Fly boy
04-08-2011, 11:50 PM
We are Sorry! Due to DFAS system maintenance or high volume, your Account Statement
is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try us again later or select Main to view other options.

I am only getting paid up until today. I don't know what is going to happen on the 15th, or if we are going to get back paid or not. But basically, for the next week, we work for free until things happen.

Its a good thing my FIRST payment isn't until the 15th of May.

ijon1
04-09-2011, 05:59 AM

They are the first people that should not be paid.:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
04-09-2011, 07:58 AM
This was all just for show from both sides. They were gonna reach a deal and they all knew it. All this drama over a measly $38 billion- that's like one of us fighting over $10 ! Maybe now they can get back to real work!

I am not sure any of them know the meaning of real work. :dontknow:

bruiser
04-09-2011, 09:25 AM
As a retired vet, I would gladly give what little retirement I get to an active duty GI so they can continue to live. I can attest that if they don't get paid the wolves will be at their doors wanting theirs. When I was active duty I had young folks who for some reason didn't get paid, it took a whole lot of unnecessary paper work to just get them what was termed as casual pay to get them through. But the wolves didn't care about that. There were more than a few times in my 20 years active that budget problems came down to the wire. Political posturing is all it is. I will end here...:cus::cus::cus:

IWN2RYD
04-09-2011, 09:30 AM
We are simple people. You do not mess with the sick/needy, our retired folks or our military families. PERIOD.

This is one of the reasons Russia lost it's power. They cut the monies to their military. The people loose faith in the "Protection/Safety" and all heck breaks loose.

I am sorry. But to even get to this point is unexceptionable. Time to stop typing now, as I will say something the forums are not designed for :shemademe_smilie::thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-09-2011, 12:26 PM
A bad situation. Many things I could say--but won't do my usual 5 pages. It's bad though, when those who get paid for doing nothing, take away from those who are doing a lot. Let's try to fix some of this when the next election comes around. Also, None of the above crossed my mind too.