PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Little Buds

Lamonster
04-06-2011, 08:33 AM
As some of you know I prefer earbuds to speakers most of the time. Around town the speakers are fine but for the long haul there's no better sound than earbuds. I've spent some pretty big bucks looking for good earbuds that will hold up to wind whip. I would guess that I spend close to $600 or more for ones that failed. :mad:

Awhile back I tried a pair of cheap Skullcandy earbuds and they sounded so good that I decided to stock up on them seeing I could get them for around 10 bucks and I figured at that price I could replace quite a few. Turns out I have yet to have a cord go bad on me and I wound up giving some of my extras away because I don't think these will ever go bad. :thumbup:

The sound is pretty darn good in the Skullcandy and as good as some of the buds I've paid $100 bucks for that didn't last. The only thing that was a little weak was the base but I could adjust that with the ipod.

While I was in Daytona I was walking around in PepBoys and I saw these buds called "Wicked Little Buds" and what I really liked was the braided cord. They were only $20 bucks so I decided to pick up a pair and try them out. I think I have a new favorite pair of earbuds now. :thumbup: The sound is killer and I love the cord and so far it's held up well in the wind and I think it will last at least as long as my Skullcandy Inked and they pretty much last forever. The sound is just better in the Little Buds and I think it's a fair price for what you're getting.

Just thought I would pass this on if you're in the market for so good earbuds that can take the beating of riding in the wind. Sometimes cheaper can be better.

Wicked Little Buds (http://www.empirebrandsinc.com/products/product-wi-2301)
Skullcandy (http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/all-products/headphones.html?limit=all&promo=SKDYPHONES&002=2436987&004=1728221317&005=165268438&006=6503783077&007=Search&008=&gclid=CJGEqpmAiKgCFcK77Qodwz28pg)

dltang
04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Yup Lamont, after Brian's dog ate my expensive pair of earbuds, I bought the Skullcandy model that fit in the ear flat so they are comfortable under my helmet. They sound great. I think I paid $15 for them.

fleegeds
04-06-2011, 09:15 AM
thank you for the information. I like buds and am currently using Sony buds and the low profile works well with the full face helmet. do you have any trouble getting into a full face with these in? Thank you again for the review.

Bootie
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks Lamont,
Last summer I spent a considerable amount of time trying to find just the right headset for under my helmet:dontknow:. I just ordered some Wicked Little Buds, from Amazon, based on your recommendation. Thanks again.:D
Bootie

Lamonster
04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
thank you for the information. I like buds and am currently using Sony buds and the low profile works well with the full face helmet. do you have any trouble getting into a full face with these in? Thank you again for the review.
I wear a flip and 3/4 and there is no problem.

Lamonster
04-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks Lamont,
Last summer I spent a considerable amount of time trying to find just the right headset for under my helmet:dontknow:. I just ordered some Wicked Little Buds, from Amazon, based on your recommendation. Thanks again.:D
Bootie
Hope you like them as much as I do. Give us a report after you've used them awhile. :doorag:

Texmac1011
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I have been using Skull Candy ever since Lamont mentioned them way back when. I too have spent quite a bit of money trying "different" models, looking for something better, but always went back to Skull Candy.

I met some friends last night a a gas station and , lo and behold, there was a Pep Boys next door. So, of course I went in and bought some Wickeds.

I rode with them last night and there is no doubt that my Skull Candys have become my back up pair.

I have the Kewlmetal Performance Exhausst (read: LOUD) and hearing was difficult at times with the Skull Candy. I had absolutely no trouble with the Wickedsand, occasionally had to turn the volume down.

I can't wait until lamont find the next "best earbuds". Thanks!!

Lamonster
04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I have been using Skull Candy ever since Lamont mentioned them way back when. I too have spent quite a bit of money trying "different" models, looking for something better, but always went back to Skull Candy.

I met some friends last night a a gas station and , lo and behold, there was a Pep Boys next door. So, of course I went in and bought some Wickeds.

I rode with them last night and there is no doubt that my Skull Candys have become my back up pair.

I have the Kewlmetal Performance Exhausst (read: LOUD) and hearing was difficult at times with the Skull Candy. I had absolutely no trouble with the Wickedsand, occasionally had to turn the volume down.

I can't wait until lamont find the next "best earbuds". Thanks!!Glad you had the same results. :2thumbs:

M109Dreamer
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I have been looking for a pair that I can wear under my helmets. They need to be low profile. The Skull Candy's that I have now always get pulled out when I put my helmet on. I do use Fuze ear buds and they are ok, low profile but the quality is poor and I have to have the volume turned all the way up to hear anything.

SpydherLuv
04-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I've been using JVC HA FX67-B earbuds and absolutely love them. They are low profile and I can put my helmet on easily with these in. They also have great sound and you can get them for less than $20.

arntufun
01-01-2012, 12:12 PM
It's been awhile on these earbuds. For those that own them, how are they holding up ??? :chat:

SPYD1
01-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I have been using IFROGZ for 2 seasons and the sound is awesome and I am still on my first pair.

Sarge707
01-01-2012, 12:31 PM
The Skull Candy says speaker diameter 11mm while the Little buds says driver 5.8mm? Are the little buds smaller ?
I love the Skull Candy Inked and they last a Long time ! If you have the Player just on Medium Sound level you cancel out most of the wind noise and sewing machine noise and can still hear emergency vehicles easily and can just concentrate on the "Medium" volume Music.

SheWolf
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm going to have to give one of those a try. I've never had any luck with earbuds; they always end up hurting after a while, which is why I ended up butchering regular headphones and retro-fit them into my helmet. Being a full face helmet rider you're kinda limited with what you can go with that actually fits and is comfortable at the same time. As it is right now I have a female jack at the base of my helmet that I plug a jumper line from the helmet to my iPod; I just pull the jumper off my helmet and I can take off the helmet without ripping my ears off. Now, to find an outfit that carries either of those buds...:popcorn:

Smokinspyder
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Illl have to check out the Skull candy ones that are flat in your ear. I typically use my beats by dre for most of my head phone/ear bud needs .

GA-SPYDER
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
It's been awhile on these earbuds. For those that own them, how are they holding up ??? :chat:
Went to PepBoys and purchased them right after Lamont posted them. Use them approximately 1-2 times a week and am very happy with them.
:2thumbs:

Carl

swrafey2000
01-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I've had the same pair of skullcandy for a couple of years.They're not the inked but a different model that has a bass boost in them.They are also angled so the cord runs out the front of your ear and over and around your ear.I have a full face helmet and have no problem putting it on.

M109Dreamer
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I've had the same issues as everyone else here with ear buds. They usually would stick out too far and I would rip them out of my ear when I went to put my helmet on. The scullcandy Inked versions seems to be a little bit lower profile and sit in the ear better without ripping out when I put my helmet on. I have had the for approx 4 months and they are really good with good bass and definitely have a wider range in volume. I believe Cycle Gear had them for 50% off over the holidays. I was a able to pick up a pair for $10 when I bought them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Texmac1011
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM

They hold up real well for me. I am on my 2nd pair, but I am pretty hard on them. I broke a wire somewhere on the 1st pair. For me they still have the best sound. I have tried probably 10 different kinds over the last few years, including skull candy, and these work the best for me.

I occasionally wear a full face helmet with no problems. I have a flip up visor, so getting the helmet over my ears with buds in is not a problem.

Lamonster
01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Still using the same ones from this post. I swap from my Skullcandy and these but they both hold up better than any other earbuds I've used and they are cheaper than any others and sound great. Since you rose this post from the dead I decided to order the Skullcandy with the mic so I can use it with my phone for cell calls in the office. :doorag:

Questions
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
You cant go wrong with SkullCandy earbuds...great sound. I had a pair of the FMJ's with a bad cord...sent them back and they had a new pair out to me in 3 days.

arntufun
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
This is great news. I am looking into purchasing a GPS that will require me to hook ear buds to, and I will be getting these since the reviews are still good on this product. :thumbup: As long as they will work with a full face helmet and they seem like they will from your posts.

Sarge707
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Do the wicked block out more of the outside (Wind,etc) Noise so you can have them at a lower volumn and is the bass as good?
If so Gotta make a trip to Pep Boys.

qasamm
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Are the references to the Little Buds for the in-ear (plug like) or like the buds that rest in your ear (like the junk ones you get with and iPod/iPhone)?

My big dopy ears don't work well with traditional buds but I do like the earplug style.

Lamonster
01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Are the references to the Little Buds for the in-ear (plug like) or like the buds that rest in your ear (like the junk ones you get with and iPod/iPhone)?

My big dopy ears don't work well with traditional buds but I do like the earplug style.http://www.empirebrandsinc.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/uc_category/Blue.1_0.jpg

recordingguy
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Lamonster I'm wondering how you hook these earbuds up to the system? Are you just pluging into Ipod and not the comuication system? :shocked::shocked:

Lamonster
01-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Lamonster I'm wondering how you hook these earbuds up to the system? Are you just pluging into Ipod and not the comuication system? :shocked::shocked:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21300&d=1268963168

recordingguy
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
May I ask where you purchased the adapter cable from system to 1/8 mini plug. If you have numbers It would realy help also. Thank You. Bob

Lamonster
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Don't have the part number but I got it at Radio Shack

arntufun
01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Are these what I'm after with a low profile design ??? Great price and free shipping. Up's and downs of these ???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320810005264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Littlebadwolf
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Are these what I'm after with a low profile design ??? Great price and free shipping. Up's and downs of these ???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320810005264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Bought 2 sets of these off Ebay, same seller..I got the ones with the braided lines thinking that they'll help with keeping the buds in place....and I definitely agree with Lamont...the sound is terric...better than the buds I paid 90 dollars for...live and learn I guess..:yes: