PDA

View Full Version : Who has dealings with Central Florida Powersports

l0ckman
04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Who has had dealings with Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee? Good/Bad somewhere in between? :dontknow:

Bought mine used from a motorcycle place in Mount Dora.

Central Florida did the 600 mile service seemed ok but nothing special, they lost my key holder thingy.

I live in Haines City. The next closet for me is Sanford, or Tampa. Just checking to see who does what where?

Locks of Luck
Michael

SpyderDen
04-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Bought my 2011 RT there. Great buying experience. Had the 600 mile service done without issues. Over all I have been very happy with them. 2 of my ryding buddies also bought 2011 RT's there.

BikerDoc
04-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Bought my RT there, but not overly thrilled with service.. not much to do in the area if you have to wait for your bike, and they were at the upper end of the price range when I got quotes. Trouble is, I have not found a stellar dealer for anywhere in our area and I have tried several, so all things equal the closest one to you is probably best unless you have a serious issue, then its worth a ride to West Coast Motorsports in Clearwater...

l0ckman
04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Bought my RT there, but not overly thrilled with service.. not much to do in the area if you have to wait for your bike, and they were at the upper end of the price range when I got quotes. Trouble is, I have not found a stellar dealer for anywhere in our area and I have tried several, so all things equal the closest one to you is probably best unless you have a serious issue, then its worth a ride to West Coast Motorsports in Clearwater...

Not what I wanted to hear, :gaah: but it is the feeling I got when I was there.

Thanks

Locks of Luck
Michael

DaveRT
04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I bought my Spyder from that dealership. I would not reccomend them to my friends. I took my RTS there for the DPS change out. Got the Spyder home and noticed the front trunk switch didn't work. Trunk switch was not correctly installed. The front end plastics was mismatched. Wiring cable was dangling in the shock spring. Not a happy camper with them. Doubt I will go back there. I had to take the front end back apart and reassemble it.

docdoru
04-05-2011, 03:11 PM
...then its worth a ride to West Coast Motorsports in Clearwater...
:agree:+ we (Dave01 and myself) can organize ryde/lunch while your Spyder is in the service. Ask Forrest, Wheeler, Recon, SethO, WackyDan...;)

SeaBreeze
04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I was in Fl. on vacation and called them and ask if they had a 2010 RT Automatic trans. that I could test ride. Salesman said yes come on over and he would have it ready. When I arrived the Owner would not let me ride as he said BRP did not have insurance for me to ride it. So he refused.

I already had a Spyder sport and told him that. His response was your out of State and your not going to buy from me so you can't ride.

I would not purchase from any dealer such as this and it sound like his service sucks like his sale approach.

Salesman that set up the ride could not believe the owner response felt like a fool as he should have.

Sanford Spyder dealer let me ride there unit and when I returned in 30 min. he said I could have used the Spyder for a couple of hours if I wanted to.

Kissimmee (sp):mad: dealer can kiss my ------!!!!

MouthPiece
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
All I can say is that all my dealings with Seminole Power Sports in Sanford has been excellent. (from Ken, service manager, to and including Kyle and Scott not to mention the techs)

Chris

Recon
04-06-2011, 07:54 PM
West Coast Powersports in Clearwater are the only ones who will work on my Spyder, and they are 125 miles from us. Nuff said !!

kml354
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I bought my SE5 09 there got a good deal.
Had my DPS changed there, I asked while they had the trunk off how much would it cost to install a 12V adapter and some RT shocks I had.
Quote was 2 hours of labor at $90 per hour. Grand total of $180.
I politely told them no thanks I'll save 180 and do it myself.
Some shops just pull out the book and if it says 1 hour of labor that's all they see. For $90 they could have made a good profit BRP was already paying them to remove the trunk.
Just my 2cents worth.

Questions
04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
I bought my RS From them about five months ago and have nothing but good things to say about them -- from sales to service to parts. The only complaint I would agree with is about the waiting area

Hall Elliott

acinpcola
05-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I bought my 2011 RT S SE 5 from them a couple of weeks agao. Drove down there from Cantonment about 528 miles to the Northwest. I received a good deal from them or would not have made the trip. Had the 600 mile service done at Gulf Shores Power Sports over in Alabama. I trust their work as they sold me and did all the maintenace on the wing I had before the :spyder2:.

Be Safe
AC :doorag:

effgjamis
06-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Many months ago, perhaps 2 years, I called Central Powersports in Kissimmee, to schedule a oil change.. No problem they said bring it in on xDAY at 9:00 AM and we will take care of it. So I made the xDAY appointment and was told I could pick it up two DAYS later.. NEVER WENT BACK.
Yes I go to their SISTER Company in Clearwater, Westcoast Power sports, 90 miles one way for my service etc... VERY VERY HAPPY with those peeps. Besides I get a 3 hr plus ride plus a stop at rest stop for hot choc.

docdoru
06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Central Powersports in Kissimmee note to yourself: if you want more business, install a hot chocolate machine in the lobby. :D

dave01
06-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I have. I stopped by and asked them how to get to WestCoast Powersports................:D:D

effgjamis
06-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Doc,,, BAH HUM BUG....:clap::roflblack:......they have no seating for waiting customers except a steel round table outside of the store. Anyway, I shall not wait 2 days :yikes:for an oil change expecially after making an appointment.

Dave01, It's Westcoast that knows where Central Powersports is, not the other way around.:clap:

Recon
06-04-2011, 03:57 PM
West Coast all the way!!! They changed out both O2 sensors on mine and I rode home the same day to Citra; that's a lot more work than a relatively simple oil change.
Most be some reason why a lot of us go the distance to patronize them.

docdoru
06-04-2011, 03:59 PM
West Coast all the way!!!
Glad you're back (again) on the road! :thumbup: