PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder owner

Web Slinger
04-05-2011, 03:49 AM
I recently purchased a 2009 spyder, brand new. Only had .5 miles on it when I picked it up. It is awesome! :thumbup: So far it's been in the shop 2 times for the VSS Fault,Check DPS. Just over a 100 miles on it. The dealer I bought it from replaced the DPS and told me it was good. 20 miles later I got the first fault. Took it to a different dealer closer to my house and had them re-calibrate the DPS. That was 3 weeks ago, Yesterday I took back in for the same thing. :gaah: Hopefully it will be fixed soon, the weather is getting nice.

NancysToy
04-05-2011, 05:40 AM
:welcome: Sorry to hear you are having problems with the new Spyder. I hope your dealer gets them sorted ot real soon. In the short run, check your relays and battery connections, and make sure the battery is fully charged.

docdoru
04-05-2011, 05:47 AM
:welcome:

boborgera
04-05-2011, 07:06 AM
I recently purchased a 2009 spyder, brand new. Only had .5 miles on it when I picked it up. It is awesome! :thumbup: So far it's been in the shop 2 times for the VSS Fault,Check DPS. Just over a 100 miles on it. The dealer I bought it from replaced the DPS and told me it was good. 20 miles later I got the first fault. Took it to a different dealer closer to my house and had them re-calibrate the DPS. That was 3 weeks ago, Yesterday I took back in for the same thing. :gaah: Hopefully it will be fixed soon, the weather is getting nice.

:welcome: Let us know what the final out come was.:popcorn:

SpyderAnn01
04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
:welcome: and join us this Saturday at Joe's Gizzard City for lunch

dltang
04-05-2011, 07:11 AM
:welcome: I too hope your issues are fixed very soon. Check out the various threads for MI rides and join us. And like SpyderAnn01 said, join us this Sat. at Joe's Gizzard City, we have a good group going.

SpyderRyderTV
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Its always good to see a new :spyder2: ryder, enjoy and ryde safe :2thumbs:

Marker
04-05-2011, 08:07 AM
:welcome: :congrats: on your new :f_spider:

BikerDoc
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
:congrats::welcome: I had some glitches when I first got my Spyder new, but after a bit of a shaky start, the last 8000 miles have been error free... good luck

Dragon Snake
04-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Gets kinda frustrating sometimes. you want to get things fixed so when good weather comes you can ride and not be at the dealer. hope you get it all sorted out and experience a truly different ride. syders are great rides. enjoy and be safe. :2thumbs: :congrats:

fastfraser
04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
:welcome::congrats::spyder2: On. Hope you get things straighten out soon !

Gordy
04-05-2011, 07:18 PM
:welcome::congrats:Have the battery and cables checked it has been sitting for a long time battery may have to be replaced week battery can generate codes

mxz600
04-05-2011, 09:01 PM
:welcome: Sorry to hear you are having problems with the new Spyder. I hope your dealer gets them sorted ot real soon. In the short run, check your relays and battery connections, and make sure the battery is fully charged.

+1 :thumbup:

Slybird
04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:! Sorry to hear about your trials but not unexpected. Take heart, though. I had the DPS issue "taken care of" in early September last year and on the way to Street Vibrations in Reno a week later the demon hit again!!!:gaah: That was almost 7,000 miles ago and it hasn't raised it's ugly head since.:clap::clap::clap: Congrats again, my friend! Enjoy!

ARtraveler
04-05-2011, 10:44 PM
:welcome: and:congrats: on the new ride. Let us know how everything goes with the :spyder2:.

Blue Star
04-05-2011, 11:15 PM
:welcome: you came to the right place for info, ryde safe

SPYD1
04-06-2011, 06:56 AM
:welcome: you came to the right place for info, ryde safe
I am taking my Spyder in today to have the DPS recall taken care of...you're scaring me...:gaah:

Yfactor
04-06-2011, 08:29 AM
:welcome: :congrats:

Hang in there, you won't regret it. If you have a good dealer give them a chance to sort it out.

Web Slinger
04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and support. Hopefully it will be fixed before the weather gets to nice. If its fixed before Saturday I will try to make it.:pray:

dltang
04-06-2011, 09:14 PM
We are hoping to see you. What part of MI are you from?

SpyderWolf
04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new Spyder.

Hopefully it will be something very simple causing your issue like the battery, or not properly calibration the Steering Angle Sensor after the DPS install. Best of luck getting your Spyder back quickly.

SPYD1
04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new Spyder.

Hopefully it will be something very simple causing your issue like the battery, or not properly calibration the Steering Angle Sensor after the DPS install. Best of luck getting your Spyder back quickly.
I got my Spyder back and all is well:ohyea:, I have put over 100 miles on it, so far so good. I wish I could have made the meet and greet today at Joe's.:gaah:

SpyderWolf
04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I got my Spyder back and all is well:ohyea:, I have put over 100 miles on it, so far so good. I wish I could have made the meet and greet today at Joe's.:gaah:

Glad to hear you got it back, and sorry about you missing the meet and greet. At least you are able to ryde once again. :thumbup: