PDA

View Full Version : Sticker vs real price

Questions
04-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Have purchased plenty of cars and truck but never a motorcycle or Spyder. Trying to get an idea of what the percentage discount is from the Manufactures Suggested price and what you can actually purchase the Spyder RTS for
Any suggestions will be helpful
Wayne

Clicker1944
04-03-2011, 10:48 AM
It really depends on the dealer wanting to sell.
My local dealer last April gave me a price of $16,000 out the door on a new '09 leftover GS SE5 and I wound up driving 2 hours and bought the same model and color for $14,800 out the door. Thanks to the internet you can shop without leaving the house and make a deal over the phone. You only have to drive to pick it up! My advise let your fingers do the typing.

Blue Star
04-03-2011, 11:42 AM
It really depends on the dealer wanting to sell.
My local dealer last April gave me a price of $16,000 out the door on a new '09 leftover GS SE5 and I wound up driving 2 hours and bought the same model and color for $14,800 out the door. Thanks to the internet you can shop without leaving the house and make a deal over the phone. You only have to drive to pick it up! My advise let your fingers do the typing.

:agree: Mine was "on sale" and I still got them to lower the price $1,500.00. Never hurts to ask, as all they can say is no.

BikerDoc
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
You definitely need to work the dealers against each other.. I got six quotes and the final one beat the others by $2000 to get the deal.. also the wider area (and drive to pick up) you are willing to consider, the better price you are likely to get

Bob Denman
04-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Wayne!
They always say that more than half of the fun is in the shopping... :D
I bought my RT A&C lst July at Rusty Palmer's in Honesdale, Pa; close enough for you to take a look!
They knocked $1500 off of the sticker and then went another $1500 over "Blue Book" on my trade...
Ron is their Sales manager...
Good Luck! :thumbup:

boborgera
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Wayne!
I bought my RT A&C lst July at Rusty Palmer's in Honesdale, Pa; close enough for you to take a look!
They knocked $1500 off of the sticker and then went another $1500 over "Blue Book" on my trade...

:agree:Been doing business with Rustys since 1987, Like Bob said Ron is the man. :thumbup: And you'll have fun there, The showroom alone is something like 125 thousand Sq. feet.

woodchuck
04-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi Wayne!
I looked at a 2009 spyder, silver color and they wanted $16200.00. I said is that you bottom price. :gaah:They said yes. I offered $16000.00.They said no sale. Then i went to Horns in MT Bethel PA. :clap:Outside of Wind Gap PA I bought the same thing two weeks later for 13,800.00.:2thumbs:

mishapman
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
My 2010 RTS SE-5 was $24,500 out the door in Oct 10. Includes taxes, dealer BS costs, delivery (didn't have a license to drive home), etc.

I probably could have got down another $1000-$1500, but unfortunately my lack of poker face let on I really wanted the machine.

Bob Denman
04-04-2011, 06:57 AM
:agree:Been doing business with Rustys since 1987, Like Bob said Ron is the man. :thumbup: And you'll have fun there, The showroom alone is something like 125 thousand Sq. feet.
Oh... It's a Man-Mall all right... :2thumbs: It's worth the trip just for the sight of all that funstuff tucked into one BIIIG building!
Not to sound like an ad for them, but they sell Arctic Cat, Honda Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, AND all of the stuff from BRP...
Now if you like Harley, Victory and Polaris; Baer's is just up the road about a mile...
So it's tough to leave Honesdale with much more than memories of your last paycheck! :shemademe_smilie::shocked:

boborgera
04-04-2011, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;301877]Oh... It's a Man-Mall all right... :2thumbs: It's worth the trip just for the sight of all that funstuff tucked into one BIIIG building!
Not to sound like an ad for them, but they sell Arctic Cat, Honda Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, AND all of the stuff from BRP...
Now if you like Harley, Victory and Polaris; Baer's is just up the road about a mile...
So it's tough to leave Honesdale with much more than memories of your last paycheck! :shemademe_smilie::shocked:[/QUOTEe

I'll be at Bear's Friday, getting another side by side to join the fleet.
$$:ohyea:$$

BMF_RACING
04-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I just picked up a 2010 RT-AC SE5 (new left over 2010) 3/26/2011. I picked it up for $18,999. I had to drive to get it, but I justified the 5hr drive by the 5 to 6k off the MSRP savings.

Shop around online for a week or two ... you can find a good deal. Lots of dealers that have 2010's are dropping prices alot because of Can-Am offering them rebates (prices even less then the dealer has in the Spyder). Just gotta find a big dealer that needs to move 2010 stock (what I did).

Good luck on the :spyder: hunt. :thumbup:

bobbobtar
04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
I bought a 2011 RT-S SM5 for $24,500 ( should be here next week ) C.B. Com. $695 Entertainment Harness $90 License $59 Tax $1592 Tax on the Com $53 out the door $26991

ARtraveler
04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
I have a slightly different take on the sticker price vs. real price. Since I am not a mechanic--I want the dealer who services my Spyder to be competent and still around next time I need something fixed or serviced. The low ball dealers are usually that, because they cut costs in things like customer service or mechanic competency. There is one dealer in AK that tells you to bring it in and they will get to it--in a week or so--that's not my style--the season is to short. I believe a dealer should get a fair price for a Spyder--so they can stay in business. As long as I feel that I have been treated right on my trade, and given good customer service--I am happy. I have now purchased 7 bikes--4 Kawasaki's and 3 Spyders since 2001 from the same dealer. JMHO and .02.

boborgera
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I have a slightly different take on the sticker price vs. real price. Since I am not a mechanic--I want the dealer who services my Spyder to be competent and still around next time I need something fixed or serviced. The low ball dealers are usually that, because they cut costs in things like customer service or mechanic competency. There is one dealer in AK that tells you to bring it in and they will get to it--in a week or so--that's not my style--the season is to short. I believe a dealer should get a fair price for a Spyder--so they can stay in business. As long as I feel that I have been treated right on my trade, and given good customer service--I am happy. I have now purchased 7 bikes--4 Kawasaki's and 3 Spyders since 2001 from the same dealer. JMHO and .02.

:agree:But some people just live to say ,I got it for less than you did, :dontknow:
It happens all the time, You can say you paid 15 thousand for a new Spyder, And somebody will come back and say they got it for 10 thousand' and the dealer threw in a free helmet and a full tank of gas[93 octane];)

Bob Denman
04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Ain't one-upsmanship fun?? :gaah: