PDA

View Full Version : New requirement for Motorcycle License

Mo Lee
04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
G-Man sent this to me plus I found it posted on the Valkyrie forum so it must be true.:roflblack:US Government to Require Trike Training Prior to Motorcycle Licensing
http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2011/04/01/us-government-to-require-trike-training-prior-to-motorcycle-licensing.htm

bruiser
04-01-2011, 05:09 PM
How about having cage drivers spend six months in a simulator before they get their license.

SpyderAnn01
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
April Fools? How do they think that will help. Let see, put someone on a Spyder for 6 months then give them a license to ride 2 wheels. This must be a joke.

SpyderWolf
04-01-2011, 05:56 PM
I think April Fools joke as well. The individual states set their requirements for licensing drivers, which is why some states like CA and SC do not require a motorcycle license to ride the Spyder while others do. Something like this could come into play if they ever enacted a national driver license system, but until then I highly doubt it.

Yfactor
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Think CDL here.:gaah::yikes:

JJW SpyderRider
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Did anyone follow the link about limiting ALL motorcycles, future and present, to 75HP! :roflblack: Good thing the Spyder is not a motorcycle :yes:

ThreeFeet
04-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I have an "M" indorsement on my lic. and it expires in 2017. Ya think that would be enough time to learn how to drive a 3 wheeler?:hun: Just like the Gov to stick their collective noses in where they don't know what they'er talking about!!!:gaah: Smells like April fools day to me. Which is pretty much what ALL the gov. mandates are. :roflblack:

dltang
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok, so if this is not an April Fool's thing, I have a question. How do you require everyone to have trike training for 6 months unless you are providing the trike. You can't require someone to go out and buy something they don't want or can't afford. Or do you just have to have your trike endorsement for 6 months before you can graduate to the motorcycle endorsement? The whole thing is a bit fishy to me. Also, what about those that already have their endorsements, are they grandfathered in?

boborgera
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
:D
Satire runs ramped today:thumbup: