PDA

View Full Version : TECH ADVICE FOR TRIP TO CUBA

MouthPiece
03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
I asked my "tech" what would be wise to have with me on my trip to Cuba. I'm not a gearhead so I wouldn't know where to begin with reference to fixing a problem. I let him know this.

He said that with respect to the RT-S, he would suggest that I get a spare relay for the fan. He mentioned that the fan had needed new relays more than anything else. He also said that some kind of kit dealing with a flat would be wise as well.

I realize there are a zillion other things that would be prudent to have with you. All of those have been addressed in other threads.

However, I thought it interesting about the fan relay and decided to pass it on.

Chris PE# 0004

johnnyg
03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Chris I've got you coverd for any tire problems, jack and all. oil,extra gas,break fluid, fues,tools,PH numbers of dealers,anything else ? CJ

Cal777
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Chris and Johnny

Good luck on your trip and we look forward to seeing you all again!

Rudy and Connie:cheers:

johnnyg
03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Chris and Johnny

Good luck on your trip and we look forward to seeing you all again!

Rudy and Connie:cheers:

Back at you on that stay intouch CJ

dltang
03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
We carry spare relays as well. Don't really worry about flat tires, we use Ride-On. Check the home page, they are a sponsor of this site. Go to their website and do some investigating, I am sure you will be impressed. It isn't that expensive for some peace of mind.

Yazz
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Made a list of road trip tools...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20580&highlight=Yazz+tools

All those items packed together is smaller than you'd think.

Lamonster
04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I have yet to here of a RT needing relays but I don't go anywhere without them for my RS.
As far as what to carry on the trip I would say for you would be a cell phone. 423-552-0728 if you need help :doorag:

boborgera
04-01-2011, 09:22 AM

Wow, I went to Nam with less stuff than that.:roflblack:
M16, a couple of grenades, And the most important :D P38.

frank3
04-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Hope you've got a trailer.:roflblack:

MouthPiece
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I have yet to here of a RT needing relays but I don't go anywhere without them for my RS.
As far as what to carry on the trip I would say for you would be a cell phone. 423-552-0728 if you need help :doorag:

Thanks Lamont, Rudy and John!!!! Better yet thanks to all of you.

Chris PE# 0004

Yazz
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Hope you've got a trailer.:roflblack:

Usually just take the Husky tool kit, a small tin with zip-ties, fuses and a channel lock.

For long trips with the trailer, everything fits in a 1.5' x 1' box. The only bulky item is the hammer.

Tools are like rain gear. Bring 'em and you won't need them. :)

rogerb
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Lamont
My dealer had to replace my headlight relay on my RT this week. Only the headlights were out. No faults showed on dash. If a car hadn't flashed I wouldn't have noticed till I was quite a ways from home. Made it home but could just barely see the road. :bowdown: