PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ride to Galveston (4/3/2011)

BC1
03-30-2011, 11:08 PM
We had such a great ride last time that some of the peeps who missed out wanted to know when we would do it again. Well, consider yourself advised (and invited). And this weekend is supposed to be nice too.

My wife and I are meeting a couple of friends this Sunday for a ride down into Galveston (we live close to the corner of Hwy 6 and SH 288). We will be leaving around 10:30 and plan to head down 288 into/near Freeport/Surfside and then take the Blue Water Highway up the coast into Galveston. We plan to stop by Woody's and eventually end up at "The Spot" on the Seawall around lunchtime to eat and maybe hang out a while. Later that afternoon we plan to head back up Hwy 6 (depending on traffic).
Shoot me an email (orly3@yahoo.com) if you have any questions and I'll send you my number.

A few IMPORTANT details:
I ride a bike and my wife rides a Spyder, so there will be at least one Spyder:spyder2: and one bike :doorag:.
The bridge on the Blue Water Hwy requires a toll ($2/vehicle)
This is approx a 120 mile ride (round-trip).
My wife is somewhat of a newbie so we will be taking it easy.
We might take our daughter along too (she's 6).

I also plan to take a short ride on Saturday, weather permitting. Like I said, shoot me an email if you're interested.

harleyRick
06-22-2011, 09:16 PM
If you do that ride again please let us know we live south of Rosharon and enjoy riding the blue water Hwy and eating at the Spot. My wife and I both have Spyders. :ohyea:

BC1
06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Great, we'd love to meet up with you guys. We used to do that route quite a bit but lately we have been going to the Texas Hill Country to ride on the weekends; we actually have a 5-day trip planned over the 4th of July.

Also I would't mind getting out during the week, generally Tue or Thurs in the late afternoon for a short ride. Just let me know what works for you guys and we'll make it happen.

harleyRick
06-23-2011, 10:01 PM
We went to Kerrville ,Madena, leakey,camp wood, luckenbach over memorial day week end. We usually go out there 2 or 3 times a year and thought about the 4th but figured motel might be hard to find.

BC1
06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
That's funny. We probably crossed paths and never even knew it. We were there over MemDay weekend too - spent lots of time in Luckenbach.

It's still early enough; I'm sure if you decided to go you could still find something. I guess it just depends where you want to stay and how much you are willing to fork over - lol.

We have gotten to know the staff of Blanco Suites in Blanco so that's where we end up. It's pretty centrally located and 30-40 minute ride to most of those small towns.

harleyRick
06-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I saw a black :spyder:RT at cracker barrel in Kerrville once but if I remember right it had a trailer hitch on it. :dontknow: