PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hit-man

Brunswick
03-30-2011, 09:49 PM
In my neck of the woods (near Albany, NY) we had a good deal of rain 2 weeks ago that got rid of 99.9% of the snow, then a couple of days of sun and temps in the low 60s - during which, I got to ryde and felt alive again! But, right after that, freezing rain, salt everywhere, and consistently crappy weather (daytime highs 10-15 degrees below the seasonal normal). Now they are calling for 6-12" of snow on Friday. So here's what I'm looking for:

I want to hire someone to kill Oldman Winter for me. I don't know where he lives, but hopefully you can figure that out. I don't care how you kill him, and I don't care how much he suffers, just as long as he's dead by the time you're done. I'm cheap, so I won't pay much, but if you're ever up near here, I'll buy you all the beer you can drink (in one evening). Any takers?

bone crusher
03-30-2011, 11:44 PM
In my neck of the woods (near Albany, NY) we had a good deal of rain 2 weeks ago that got rid of 99.9% of the snow, then a couple of days of sun and temps in the low 60s - during which, I got to ryde and felt alive again! But, right after that, freezing rain, salt everywhere, and consistently crappy weather (daytime highs 10-15 degrees below the seasonal normal). Now they are calling for 6-12" of snow on Friday. So here's what I'm looking for:

I want to hire someone to kill Oldman Winter for me. I don't know where he lives, but hopefully you can figure that out. I don't care how you kill him, and I don't care how much he suffers, just as long as he's dead by the time you're done. I'm cheap, so I won't pay much, but if you're ever up near here, I'll buy you all the beer you can drink (in one evening). Any takers?

You must be really bored to post this...as a student at Binghamton years ago, I used to hear that Albany has some odd folk...:roflblack:

KipDM
03-31-2011, 02:54 AM
whoa? bored? or just frustrated....lol.

Binghamton, don't they have a cool hockey team?

madozier
03-31-2011, 03:46 AM
You need to contact AC/DC they sing about someone that does dirty deeds done dirt cheap. Just a thought.

arntufun
03-31-2011, 06:25 AM
Brunswick, I'm with ya !!! LOL. I know your frustration. Winter storm warning is now issued for us. 6 to 12 inches on April first. What the :cus: is going on around here. I put all the snow removal equipment away and now I have to get it all back out. I wonder if there is a conversion kit available where we can swap out our wheels for skis and a track in the winter ???

Bob Denman
03-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Wait just a dang minute!!! :shocked: Isn't Albany always unusually warm due to the hot air spewing from the lips of the politicians??? :roflblack:
(Just got a weather report from Onchiota, NY... over 2 feet of snow still on the roof of our hunting camp! :yikes:)

FANG
03-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Kill Winter??? Ryde south to FLA :D

Magic Man
03-31-2011, 08:38 AM
You must be really bored to post this...as a student at Binghamton years ago, I used to hear that Albany has some odd folk...:roflblack:

Look who's calling people from here odd! :roflblack::roflblack:

boborgera
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
This is why you shouldn't be drinking the water in up state NY.:ohyea:

M2Wild
03-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Go mudding on da Spyder:D

Firefly
03-31-2011, 10:08 AM

Got a person I know in Chicago named 'Big White Mike' that can get such special projects done--- :shocked::D

BikerDoc
03-31-2011, 10:44 AM
I was out looking for Old Man Winter all over our area to see if I could help you out, but alas, he is no where to be seen in our zone. Looks like another great riding weekend coming up though -- 13th straight good riding weekend so far this year:2thumbs:

Dragonrider
03-31-2011, 11:31 AM
It's called "Global Warming"…. It's cold (50) and still wet out here, but I will no longer complain!! Snow in April - and not even in the mountains! :yikes:

Still doesn't make Florida appealing… now perhaps New Mexico or Arizona…. there's some really good riding there….

BajaRon
03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
You need to call Al Gore and ask him what's up with all the Global Warming we are supposed to be getting.

Tell him to kick it in gear already! I mean, where is this guy when you really need him? :gaah:

Bob Denman
03-31-2011, 11:36 AM
If you've been watching the forecasts for here in New York then you know that something's coming... :shocked:
I think I'll go pick out a shovel and beat that old B@$t@rd to death...

(my apologies if anybody's sensibilies have been tweaked by this rant...)

ARtraveler
03-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Woke up today to about 3" of fresh snow. It's already starting to melt--but I am guessing I will not ride the :spyder2: today.

Bob Denman
03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
What sort of temperatures are you seeing up in the North Country??

ARtraveler
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
This time of year in Anchorage-Eagle River-Chugiak we are experiencing daily highs in the high 30's to mid 40's. It was 49 coming home two days ago. Evening temps hovering between 20-30's. The sun does not set until after 9:00 PM and is working on longest day 6/21/11. Most snow from driveways and roads was about melted off as of yesterday. I road :spyder2: yesterday for about an hour--the 45 degrees actually felt balmy. Rode :spyder2: to class last night, and did not even put gloves on for the short 1 mile ride home at 8:00 PM. I did not run the snow blower this AM because I am hoping Mother Nature will take care of business by the afternoon.

woodchuck
03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I was out looking for Old Man Winter all over our area to see if I could help you out, but alas, he is no where to be seen in our zone. Looks like another great riding weekend coming up though -- 13th straight good riding weekend so far this year:2thumbs:

I will take the snow and rain :gaah:over what is happening in florida. Heavy rains and tornadoes.:gaah:

Sunshyn
03-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey Y'all........... Took HOT Red for a spin this afternoon in the warm 72 degree sunshine. I actually got her in 5th gear momentarily at about 45 MPH. Whata thrill!!!:ohyea::clap::2thumbs: I've been initiated! lol As I was cruising in the 'hood, flying around my block and surrounding blocks where the speed limit is 25, I thought about y'all. Came to my senses, when I passed a house where there was police car in the driveway and sloooooowed down, fearing all the while that the cop would here my :spyder2: gearing down. That "Tuyau Echap, RACING EXHAUST" (quoted from invoice) was TALKING BIG TIME. :doorag: Another adventure I had today was going around a big wide curve on my way to the shopping center near my home. As I eased past Publix, the folks going in and coming out of the store did some double/tripple takes. They could not see me grinning with my helmet on. (heh heh.......luvvvvv it) Well, just wanted to let y'all know that I'm practicing and improving. I need to find a long straight stretch with a higher speed limit, though, as I don't need a ding on my perfect driving record. I am not confident enough yet to get out on a highway or anywhere where there is traffic. It will take time and I'm commited to driving daily on sunny days, not rainy days. My goal is to cross the Navarre Beach Bridge and ride the beach road to Pensacola and back. The speed limit there is only 35, but that's OK. Slow can be fun, too, right? lol Hope y'all are having fun!
Byyyyeeeee..............Sandy

Bob Denman
04-01-2011, 07:10 AM
So I guess that we're just never going to catch you at home now... :2thumbs:
It's good to hear that you're out there having fun and getting acquainted with your Spyder :clap:

Sunshyn
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Until I get the work done that I need to complete before it gets hot here in sunny Florida, so I can back HotRed out of the garage and take her for a longer spin today. And yes, Bob, that means I'll be hard to catch more and more as the days and weeks go by. I am so looking forward to shocking the socks off of my senior citizen friends at the pottery studio where I go to get my hands dirty by playing with clay twice a week. It is 17 miles one way, however, on a highway famous for the ignorance of people causing deaths, HWY 98. Therefore the socks on my friends will be in place for a while. I think it is so darned funny and laugh to myself about it a lot, because, even though I am a type A personality type, those folks would never in a million years suspect I'm a MOTORCYCLE CHICK.....no, MOTORCYLE MATURE CHICK, NOT OLD HEN, MIND YOU.:lecturef_smilie::yes::clap: I may venture onto a fourlane TODAY for a short distance, only because traveling a fourlane for 1/2 mile or so is the only way to get to a friend's house. I was on a fast moving 2 lane yesterday just briefly and even though I sat, watched, and waited :spyder:until the traffic was a long ways away, it closed in me very fast. Scarey to say the least. I know it will get better though. :ohyea: I have no problem pouring on the coal on a side street where there is no other vehicle around, but put Red and me close to a moving vehicle, especially if I have to move from a stopped position and it just seems scarey. :yikes: Part of my practicing today is going to be to revisit that big curve I traveled yesterday, slowing at 10 mph to get around it. It sure did feel funny, those front wheels keeping the :spyder2: upright without the slightest lean. Well, better get away from this keyboard and outside to get my work done so Hot Red and I can go Ryyyyde. Bye bye, Y'all. Be nice, be safe, and have fun! Sunshyn

Bob Denman
04-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Please be careful and don't let your enthusiasm paint you into a corner...
:lecturef_smilie: enough of the soapbox!! I'm stepping down from it now...

(But I AM glad to hear the fun is getting better and better! :D)