PDA

View Full Version : Octane Booster

Littlebadwolf
03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
When I was in the chatroom the other night I was talking about the octane booster I've started using with my 09 RS and somebody asked for details..finally got around to bringing the can in...I'm running this in conjunction with the Hindle exhaust, K&N filter and 0-2 modifier. I was commenting on the definite increase in performance and how using the octane booster definitely gave me a noticable boost beyond the other modifications....Looks like a keeper for me despite the fact that I haven't used this enough to distinguish a increase/decrease in gas mileage. Anyway, the product is Klotz Octane Booster, comes in a 16 oz can and indicates that adding 1 ounce of the booster to 1 gallon of gas will increase the octane by 2.5 for each ounce added up to 10. It also acts as a fuel stabilizer, fuel system cleaner, improves throttle response, and absorbs moisture in fuel. Hardy claims to be sure but I'm impressed enough to continue using it until some of our experts determine its worth. Sells for 10.99 for a 16 ounce can.

Raptor
03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Very cool LBW! I have thought about fuel additives but have been hesitant to try it because I didn't know how well the engine would receive it. I'll have to look into this further now. Fuel mileage doesn't even play into this, it's all about ponies man! :D I'm going to see if I can find this product in my area. Thanks for the info!