PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Carlos and BRP customer service!

DynamoBT
03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I got my Spyder up to Freedom Cycle in Concord, NH last Friday. It's needing all the available updates and DPS, plus a thorough going over since it's been off the road for a year.

I specifically asked for the Evaporation Cannister Hose Extension (ECHE) and the odometer fix. Ahhh, this dawns on me that I should re-affirm that when they are checking the belt adjustment that they reduce the tension to the new guidelines.

Anyway, when the dealer checked the list of Vin numbers that qualified for the ECHE, mine was not on the list. I said that I thought sure that all the '08's should be included. But, no. Not as they understood. So, I was in for paying for parts and labor for this fix, as I said that I definitely wanted it done. Not cheap. But, what the heck.

Then I reminded them to fix the odometer when it was connected to the BUDS so that my odometer did not roll over at 100,000 km or 62,000+ miles. They hadn't heard of any odometer fix for the RS. Only the RT. So, OK, chalk another notion out the window. I was not going to stand there and argue.

But, I got thinking over the weekend that my Spyder should be getting these things done. And, it should all be covered under warranty. So, Monday, I put a call into Carlo at BRP. I had to leave a message. And I described my issues and said I hoped he could do something for me.

Found a message on my phone this morning after being out from Carlo!!! He had called Freedom Cycle. He explained everything about the ECHE. And yes, Freedom Cycle would be doing this modification at no cost to me!!! And Dustin at Freedom asked Carlo about the odometer fix. And Carlo explained how to do that so that this issue would also be taken care of while my Spyder was being serviced!!!!

Long story short, Carlo went to bat for me with the dealer!!! I called Carlo after hearing the message to thank him. He got on the line personally. He was very grateful for my compliments of him and BRP.

It really does mean a lot to me that Carlo is there for us owners. No other manufacturer of a car or bike I have ever owned has offered such service. So Thanks a bunch Carlo and BRP!!!! I really do appreciate the fantastic customer service!!!!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for posting the success story on your dealings with Carlo and BRP.

CyncySpyder
03-29-2011, 04:43 PM
:2thumbs:Teddy says that deserves a High Five:2thumbs:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11436&d=1301434821

MMcc
03-29-2011, 05:46 PM
He has come through for me on more than one occasion. Always followed up with a call or email to make sure the problem was resolved. Great guy.

NancysToy
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
:firstplace: I'll add my kudos for Carlo. He has a very difficult job, and he does it very well. From what I have seen, most dealers and the owners respect him. He is an amazing asset to BRP! :clap:

SpyderAnn01
03-29-2011, 05:57 PM
He has come through for me on more than one occasion. Always followed up with a call or email to make sure the problem was resolved. Great guy.

Me too. He is a great guy.

sidAras
03-29-2011, 06:00 PM
My thanks to Carlos too!

wyliec
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Please don't everybody jump down my throat. But, his name is Carlo and he does do a great job.

DynamoBT
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Thank you for the correct spelling of Carlo's name. I could not fix the title. But his name throughout my post is changed.

Yfactor
03-29-2011, 07:05 PM
:agree::congrats:

BikerDoc
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Carlo has been on my thank you list for a long time.. He has a big job but seems to do his best for everyone

NancysToy
03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Thank you for the correct spelling of Carlo's name. I could not fix the title. But his name throughout my post is changed.
Advanced mode edit will allow a tiltle change. The title box is shown separately.

mxz600
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
A big :thumbup: to Carlo. He took care of my issues as well.

I met Carlo in Chicago last summer, great guy. He does have a passion for his job. And that is good news for us Spyderlovers.

DynamoBT
03-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Advanced mode edit will allow a tiltle change. The title box is shown separately.

Thank you Scotty. Done.

Ronsam
03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks Karlos

Because for your good service , :2thumbs: I bought a new commander 800 last week:clap:

docdoru
03-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Met Carlo twice last year in Valcourt-Quebec and Chicago. Named him "The Negotiator" for the "know-how" addressing Spyder owner’s problems at the local dealers. :thumbup:

SpyderDen
03-29-2011, 08:35 PM
I just hope I never need to contact Carlo, but it's good to know he is there for us.:2thumbs::clap::thumbup::yes:.
Thanks Carlo for all you do, I'm sure it's a thankless job most days.

SpyderWolf
03-29-2011, 10:48 PM
:firstplace: I'll add my kudos for Carlo. He has a very difficult job, and he does it very well. From what I have seen, most dealers and the owners respect him. He is an amazing asset to BRP! :clap:

:agree: 100% :2thumbs:

bikeguy
03-29-2011, 11:02 PM
I e-mailed Carlo before I ever bought a Spyder because I was a little concerned about the Spyders catching fire. He actually called me and discussed the problem. That really impressed me and was part of the reason I bought a Spyder.

Cotton