PDA

View Full Version : MO ryder ?

MOSpyderLady
03-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Since it's Saturday I've got a question for any of you Missouri ryders. Can I take the rider portion of the license process on the Spyder?

G-Man
03-26-2011, 08:25 AM
BumbleBee took the skills test here in St. Robert. They don't actually have a Spyder course, but adjusted the MC two wheeler course to fit the extra width. It was a breese. We took the manual with us to show the testor, just in case. :doorag:

MOSpyderLady
03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I wanted to take the motorcycle class in Springfield but they told me I couldn't use any three wheeled cycle for the class. That was disappointing since I tried several times to ride a two wheeler to learn on before I bought the Spyder and failed. I guess I won't be taking that class until they offer one for three wheelers.

ThreeFeet
03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
I did. Took the test in Rolla. Can't remember the days you can take it. But the lady giving the test said no matter what you are on .Just do what she says and one can get er done.:2thumbs:

GloryRyders
03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
In St. Louis, they just adjusted the portion of the course which you steer around cones to the width of the Spyder............also since I have the auto transmission, the spacing that you have to go from first to second gear was not far enough to get up enough speed for it to shift into second prior to hitting the brakes and stopping. They just passed me anyway, the guy doing the test said that he could see me hit the shift button.:2thumbs:

pitbull
05-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Ok gang....heres the scoop, ALL motorcylce tests can be taken at any place that give the MC test.....just be prepared for some dumb cops not knowing the laws. There is a trike coarse they can setup, and if you have a spyder they have top let you take it on it......just be prepared for them to not know....BUT YOU WILL!!! all places, theres a trike coarse, and they bhave to let you take it on the spyder! IF NOT GO ABOVE THERE HEAD! they have no clue....sorry if thats harsh but they should KNOW the laws...if your speeding they do:yikes: