PDA

View Full Version : Noisy compressor for air suspension?

sdcatman
03-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I am considering buying a 2011 RT-S SM5. I have heard the compressor is very noisy for the air suspension. My dealer is trying to talk me into a 2010 Audio & Convenience Spyder rather than the RT-S. The compressor noise is his biggest reason for suggesting I buy the 2010 Audio. Does anybody have any comments on this? Anybody having problems with the air suspension? What other selling points would there be for buying the Audio rather than the RT-S? I currently own a 2009 SM5. :doorag:

C3517C
03-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I have a 2011 RT SE5 and I can assure you that compressor noise is a non issue. It is extremely quiet and you'll never notice it while riding. If the 2010 A &C is a good deal it might be something to look into, but don't figure compressor noise into your decision. There have been some great threads here that compare the 2010 to the 2011 that you may want to check out. Good luck.:D

wukka
03-26-2011, 02:21 AM
I am considering buying a 2011 RT-S SM5. I have heard the compressor is very noisy for the air suspension. My dealer is trying to talk me into a 2010 Audio & Convenience Spyder rather than the RT-S. The compressor noise is his biggest reason for suggesting I buy the 2010 Audio. Does anybody have any comments on this? Anybody having problems with the air suspension? What other selling points would there be for buying the Audio rather than the RT-S? I currently own a 2009 SM5. :doorag:
Not a factor.

The only difference between the RT-S and the RT A/C is the on-board compressor, the foglights, four over two speakers on the audio, and the chrome "bling".

Noise is not the issue, just a matter of personal choice. No problems with the air suspension. Just your preference, and budget.

fordguyupnorth
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
it sounds like your dealer is trying hard to get rid of a leftover 2010. the compressor is totally a NON-ISSUE! you never hear it running while driving!:clap: good luck either way!

SpyderAnn01
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
I've read that one of the big improvements for the 2011 RT are the shocks. Also, the windshield is smaller for 2011 which you may or may not like. Could it be that your dealer just wants to get rid of the 2010?

harddrive
03-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I bought a 2010 RT AC SM5 and love it. I went this route because I love the silver and my dealer made me an awesome deal on it. I traded my 08 GS sm5 in on it and could have waited a week to get a 2011, but like the choice I made.

I can not comment on the compressor. Mine does not have it, but it is easy to adjust.

bullant12
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I rode an '11 RT-S and played with the air compressor suspension and did not even feel it! Sounds like your dealer is trying to push you and A&C, which was explained by Fordguy. I would haggle that RTAC out of their hand or stick to what you want.:lecturef_smilie: