PDA

View Full Version : Might want to check out Can Am Spyder on Facebook

Lamonster
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/174759_119979973093_5605545_q.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder)Can-Am Spyder (https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder)
Listen up Spyder fans, we’ve got a big announcement. Want to win a brand new Spyder RS-S? We’re looking for 2 passionate riders to join Fred Rau, Lamont Bryden and Daniel Bastien as Can-Am Spyder ambassadors! So if you have the passion and the talent to be a national spokesperson for the Can-Am Spyder Roadster, head over to our blog, get the scoop and put your hat in the ring!

https://www.facebook.com/safe_image.php?w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fexternal.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fsafe_imag e.php%3Fd%3Dad88bd0e0d44c47e4957167a28322ab8%26url %3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fen-us.spyder.brp.com%252FDownloadImage.ashx%253Fimage ID%253D8371ecc5-2fb5-4540-a6e3-9eae01385173%2526imageSizeID%253D1 (http://bit.ly/SpyderSearch)Want to be the Next Spyder Brand Ambassador? (http://bit.ly/SpyderSearch)
If nothing thrills you like the wind whipping against your face while you cruise down the coast; if your weekend plans revolve around finding that perfect road trip, we've got some news for you. We want you to bring your passion to our new Can-Am Spyder roadster brand ambassador group.

SpyderGirl
03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
I am soooo there!! How exciting!! :)

docdoru
03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I vote for SethO and Forest. :2thumbs:

Rando
03-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I vote for Deb Tangen!

freebob
03-23-2011, 03:51 PM
I believe in our own way we are all...Can-Am Spyder ambassadors...
but I will check that out...:2thumbs:...Just got home from our Sun City/Hilton Head Roadrunners weekly ride we did 191 mi. rt for lunch to Edisto Island Sc. My fellow bikers are more impressed with RT-s every time we ride potential :spyder2: candidates...

Freebob...:doorag:

SpyderSteve
03-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Seth and Doc get my vote :2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I vote for Deb Tangen!
:agree: She writes a great blog and is a hardcore rider.

arntufun
03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
I would love to do that but my parole officer won't let me leave the state.:joke:. But I do hope someone on this forem wins. Be careful you RT riders, that RS has a little more snap to it !!! :joke: Good luck y'all I'm rootin for ya.

IWN2RYD
03-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Good choices above!!! I know I would never be one chosen for such a privilege. Whoever they pic I hope one of them is like my wife. Never been on two wheels on the paved roads, and cannot get enough of the Spyder.

And a physically challenged person. These Spyders are a perfect solution for many of them.

It is great they had so many from Motorcycle pasts for ambassadors (And man oh man did they do a great job in those choices)... But it seems to me a serious amount of the buyers (I am not saying members here on SpyderLovers) over all seem to be new to Motorcycling on the roadways, or are coming back to Motorcycling as they had accidents or situations keep them off of two wheels for a spell.

Just my $.02

Firefly
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Holy :cus: --- they get to KEEP the spyder and get $15,000 for road expenses plus free service...... :shocked:

:thumbup:

Way to go BRP ! :2thumbs:

dltang
03-23-2011, 04:24 PM
I vote for Deb Tangen!

:agree: She writes a great blog and is a hardcore rider.

Thanks for the support guys, I am definitely putting my hat in that ring. Oh yeah!!

Lamonster
03-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the support guys, I am definitely putting my hat in that ring. Oh yeah!!
:2thumbs: You got my vote girl nojoke

effgjamis
03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Hummmm..... very interesting...... I think I might give it a try....Wow... the goodies

NancysToy
03-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I can't think of anyone who would be better! You have my vote, too.

Mo Lee
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I can't think of anyone who would be better! You have my vote, too.
:agree: Matter of a fact all mentioned to this point would be great, one more name comes to mind as being hardcore is Yazz.

flamingobabe
03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I do think a :spyder2:woman...:spyder2:girl needs to be one of the winners....good luck to all :spyder2:ladies.....

medic 1
03-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I vote for Deb Tangen!

:agree: she all about the Spyder :yes::clap:

bjt
03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
:2thumbs: You got my vote girl nojoke

Mine too. :doorag:

cjackg
03-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Hummmm..... very interesting...... I think I might give it a try....Wow... the goodies

You have my vote Forrest !

musicarcade
03-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I like Deb and Seth-
Seth has the potential to be the Rahm Emanuel of Spyder ambassadors.:shocked:

dave01
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
You have my vote Forrest !

Run Forrest Run, Tell the whole world about the BRP Spyders. You could do a trip across america, one Bob Evans at a time.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

jedd
03-23-2011, 07:33 PM
No offense to any applicant's, but I would definitely endorse SethO to be a new Ambassador. His amount of riding, style of riding, and Go Cam vids offer some marketing different than any other ryder here. I think he would spark interest in a younger crowd, and lets face it he would be very entertaining. BRP would love him 1 day hate him the next and back and forth. The dude would call as he see's it with colorful commentary.:2thumbs:

On the lighter side I would accept the #2 position cause Seth would need a support team. (He does get in some predicaments) I could also filter some of his commentary to keep it more politically correct.:roflblack::roflblack:
Oh I would also make sure our :spyder2:'s get washed regularly:roflblack::ohyea:

What ya think buddy you comin' down here to make the app. vid or am I comin' up there??:dontknow::popcorn:

We should be a lock:firstplace:

All in fun
Jim:thumbup:

Yazz
03-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Would love to toss my hat in the ring except for:

"Orientation Weekend in Los Angeles, Calif. From May 13 – May 15, 2011."

Hubby and I will be ryding up to the Great White North at that time. They will be missing out on some good blogs...:D

I'll keep y'all updated on our trip...

dltang
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Would love to toss my hat in the ring except for:

"Orientation Weekend in Los Angeles, Calif. From May 13 – May 15, 2011."

Hubby and I will be ryding up to the Great White North at that time. They will be missing out on some good blogs...:D

I'll keep y'all updated on our trip...

Where in the Great White North are you headed Yazz? They are missing out on a great applicant that is for sure.

Doc, Forrest, Seth you all would be great for this as well. So many reasons for each of you to be the one to represent BRP on this wonderful machine.

I hope we get a chance to read all the essay's of the applicants. It will be so cool to see how they are all portrayed.

I have my rough draft finished, now I have to figure out what to do for a video.

Eraser
03-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Seth and Spydergirl tell it like it is!!:2thumbs:

GeminiJane
03-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Wow! We've got so many actual ambassadors already on this site that would be great "official" ones! But, Deb, if you think you could swing the time from work (although your Iron Butt rides wouldn't take THAT MUCH time to get from one coast to another) you would definitely represent the female factor in the Spyder family. I think you manage to walk the fine line between responsible Spyder ownership, adding just enough hulligan factor to spice it up without showcasing Spyder ryders in a negative way. Add your personality and great writing skills and you would be great choice for them. Go for it.

Setho would also be a great face showing the possibilities the Spyder offers for those challenged by life. Just remember if you go for it Seth that you have to represent them in a way that doesn't bring criticism about pushing beyond the boundaries of safety and good judgment. Good luck if you decide to try for it.

Gosh, think about all the others that we think of as our Spyder family,too...Yazz (who has other plans), Bumblebee and GMan, Joe, MoLee, Trickie Dick, Scotty, BajaRon, Forrest, Doc, etc. Guess it just depends on if you want to take the time to do such rides and events, or if your lifestyle would even allow for it.

Eraser
03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Canadians are not eligible to enter...go figure.:(

SpyderSteve
03-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Canadians are not eligible to enter...go figure.:( :hun:

docdoru
03-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Does this represent a step towards democracy (Spyder-cracy)? Will our vote count? Quote from the Complete Rules-Final: "Judging will be done on or about April 13, 2011 by a panel of judges".
Why May 13-15 2011 and Los Angeles was selected?
From http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=903c1ca6-c328-43ea-bd3f-9eae01307b4d
"As if that isn't enough, Can-Am is sending the winners to Los Angeles on an all-expenses paid trip for an orientation weekend May 13 – 15 with Fred Rau and other members of the Spyder team."
From http://www.gutsandgloryrally.com/GGapplication.pdf
"Los Angeles, CA to Bar Harbor, Maine".
"Registration and Tech Inspection begins May 15 2011".

"All participants are required to arrive not less than Two (2) days before the start of the Rally".
From https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder#!/CanAmSpyder?sk=info
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/3-23-20119-23-36PM.png?t=1300933479

Eraser
03-23-2011, 09:33 PM
ELIGIBILITY: This Search is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C.,
18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor,
its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, website developers and
administrators, retailers, advertising, sales promotion and judging agencies and all other
service agencies involved with the Search, and members of the immediate families
(parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households of any of the above are not
eligible.
.....???

Firefly
03-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Does this represent a step towards democracy (Spyder-cracy)? Will our vote count? Quote from the Complete Rules-Final: "Judging will be done on or about April 13, 2011 by a panel of judges".
From http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=903c1ca6-c328-43ea-bd3f-9eae01307b4d
"As if that isn't enough, Can-Am is sending the winners to Los Angeles on an all-expenses paid trip for an orientation weekend May 13 – 15 with Fred Rau and other members of the Spyder team."
From http://www.gutsandgloryrally.com/GGapplication.pdf
"Los Angeles, CA to Bar Harbor, Maine".
"Registration and Tech Inspection begins May 15 2011".

"All participants are required to arrive not less than Two (2) days before the start of the Rally".
From https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder#!/CanAmSpyder?sk=info (https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder#%21/CanAmSpyder?sk=info)
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/3-23-20119-23-36PM.png?t=1300933479

Very interesting timing indeed...... hmmmmmm

jimclarkf1
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
I have met her, and she is SINCERE :clap: not afraid to talk to the little prople :2thumbs: it will show at SPYDERFEST, next month. :yes:

WaltH
03-23-2011, 09:59 PM

If they give me a vote, I will vote for you Deb. In the good old days (early 2008) I was impressed that you were doing your own wrenching. Then I was impressed that you were the first female (only?) hulligan. I have always been impressed with your passion for the Spyder. In my opinion, no one else could do the job better than you.

Go for it!

Lamonster
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM

I'm pretty sure voting will be done by the guys paying the bills and not SpyderLover members. I know that I have not been asked to be on the panel of judges.

The location was already set and because I was going to be there anyway for G&G they locked in that date so Fred and I could welcome the new riders and maybe give them some pointers.

dltang
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I will tell you what, I may not win this contest but I have already won just by reading the wonderful posts from all you SpyderLovers on this forum. You all are amazing. I finished my essay, no easy feat in 200 words or less. There is so much to say about the Spyder. Still thinking about my video but I have some idea's brewing.

SethO
03-23-2011, 10:23 PM
No offense to any applicant's, but I would definitely endorse SethO to be a new Ambassador. His amount of riding, style of riding, and Go Cam vids offer some marketing different than any other ryder here. I think he would spark interest in a younger crowd, and lets face it he would be very entertaining. BRP would love him 1 day hate him the next and back and forth. The dude would call as he see's it with colorful commentary.:2thumbs:

On the lighter side I would accept the #2 position cause Seth would need a support team. (He does get in some predicaments) I could also filter some of his commentary to keep it more politically correct.:roflblack::roflblack:
Oh I would also make sure our :spyder2:'s get washed regularly:roflblack::ohyea:

What ya think buddy you comin' down here to make the app. vid or am I comin' up there??:dontknow::popcorn:

We should be a lock:firstplace:

All in fun

Oh I will take you up on your offer, I would be glad to put a broader message on who can ride the spyder damn near everyday in the worst place possible. ( bmw and dodge both test cars in dirt town because it has such a wide weather pattern) I understand I would have to church it up a bit but for really getting paid to test i would find a PC way to express my views the general public.

I mean to really get paid to drive my spyder?!?!? awesome, I would and have always told people that it is the best trike on the market period. Is it perfect? no with the help of the forum riders on here it would be damn close.

how do you upload to another persons (BRP's) youtube page? and I wonder if you have to do both at the same time (video and 200 word application )?

dltang
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Oh I will take you up on your offer, I would be glad to put a broader message on who can ride the spyder damn near everyday in the worst place possible. ( bmw and dodge both test cars in dirt town because it has such a wide weather pattern) I understand I would have to church it up a bit but for really getting paid to test i would find a PC way to express my views the general public.

I mean to really get paid to drive my spyder?!?!? awesome, I would and have always told people that it is the best trike on the market period. Is it perfect? no with the help of the forum riders on here it would be damn close.

how do you upload to another persons (BRP's) youtube page? and I wonder if you have to do both at the same time (video and 200 word application )?

Seth, you have to send your video link that you put on their YouTube page in your email with the essay. I haven't looked into the uploading on their page yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. It can't be that hard. Good luck, you would be a great addition to the Ambassadors.

SethO
03-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Seth, you have to send your video link that you put on their YouTube page in your email with the essay. I haven't looked into the uploading on their page yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. It can't be that hard. Good luck, you would be a great addition to the Ambassadors.

you are right and good luck to you and all spyderlovers that want to put the miles on to show what the spyders can do when used all the time.

Yfactor
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
A chance to add a third Spyder, ride around and tell others about these great rides and how BRP has brought riding to so many who couldn't ride a conventional two wheeler, for what ever reason, or feared the two wheeler would be just awsome.

Looks like I have some writing and video work to get done. :yes: :ohyea:

SethO
03-24-2011, 03:53 AM
I got my letter done and now the wildly mediocre video to be made.

Mo Lee
03-24-2011, 05:02 AM
I would say to promote the RS-S it should be somewhat of a (shall we say) spirited rider!

docdoru
03-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Seth and Doc get my vote :2thumbs:
Thanks but I will not submit the application: paying my own bills, having my own unbiased opinions about my Spyder and removing my hat from that ring:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/1-27-20112-18-04PM.png?t=1300966207

Yazz
03-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Where in the Great White North are you headed Yazz? They are missing out on a great applicant that is for sure.

We're going to Alaska. Then to a place hopefully no Spyder has been before. Going to surprise y'all with the place.

Doc, Forrest, Seth you all would be great for this as well. So many reasons for each of you to be the one to represent BRP on this wonderful machine.
So true!

I hope we get a chance to read all the essay's of the applicants. It will be so cool to see how they are all portrayed.

I have my rough draft finished, now I have to figure out what to do for a video.

Deb, you'll do great! You are the real deal.:2thumbs:

Eraser
03-24-2011, 08:05 AM
I just thought of another great Spyder Ambassador:"Ground Effects"(Dean) out on the Rock.Year round rider and Spyder Lover Extrordinaire! Whoops...not eligible.Not a U.S. resident.
Kind of ironic considering that Brp did a Bio on him in their blog!
Get your act together BRP!!!

RoadHammer
03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Canadians are not eligible to enter...go figure.:(

I'm not surprised, i spoke with a BRP mouth puppet last year about the ambassador program and was surprised about the lack of interest they had of having canadians in the program.........

Littlebadwolf
03-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm wondering whether or not the panel of judges will accept input from members of the Spyderlovers Forum..I add my vote for Deb and Seth along with the others...

Lone Spyder Ryder
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
My vote would be Spydergirl

WackyDan
03-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Wow... Wish I had the time... I sure did last year!

But... You can't mod those machines too much can you? That would make the whole thing somewhat painful...

Firefly
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow... Wish I had the time... I sure did last year!

But... You can't mod those machines too much can you? That would make the whole thing somewhat painful...

It's only for 6 months. I put 5,000 miles on my Spyder before changing anything-- so it wouldn't be that bad.

Besides--- it sure sounds like you get to KEEP the spyder! :thumbup:

SpyderDuck
03-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Lamont, how about you tell us a little about what would be required, time-wise, and any other considerations. I am sure some of us would love to consider this, but may be time limited. It would be a waste and such a disappointment to put forth the effort to apply only to discover that you can't do this.

Lamonster
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Lamont, how about you tell us a little about what would be required, time-wise, and any other considerations. I am sure some of us would love to consider this, but may be time limited. It would be a waste and such a disappointment to put forth the effort to apply only to discover that you can't do this.
Well first off I think it's great that they are helping out this the expenses this year, last year we were all on our own cost wise. I figure I had over 4K in just fuel not counting oil changes and lodging. This is a really good thing and takes a lot of the financial burden off of the group. You're not going to be compensated for time off from work so you need to consider that, I'm fortunate to be able to take my laptop with me and do my job on the road.

They would like you to attend as many events as possible but we were not "required" to attend any. If you want to be a good ambassador you would want to do your best to show up at as many rallies as you could so you could take pics and videos and have blogs to write about. For me writing the blogs takes the most time. You have to upload your pictures and videos and sometimes it's hard to find good content week after week. I'm not sure what they are going to require as far as blogs and videos go but last year they wanted one every week and they didn't always use them.

There was a contract that we all had to sign and I'm sure they will be doing the same thing this year. I can't say what will be in there but you can bet that you will be required to drive responsible and to act as a representative of BRP. You would have to contact BRP if you need more information.

The one downside for me was I didn't get to ride my Spyder as much as I would have liked too so you need to consider that. Other than that it's a great opportunity to be directly involved with a great company and this year you are compensated for doing so. Good luck to all of you that have applied, it would be great if a SpyderLover member got the gig. :thumbup:

SpyderWolf
03-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I couldn't do this right now, even if I wanted to try to. It might be a good reason for me to finally set up a Facebook account though. :roflblack: Best of luck to any Spyderlovers that submit an application for it. It does sound like a really great gig if you can get it. :thumbup:

chris56
03-25-2011, 03:32 PM
ELIGIBILITY: This Search is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C.,
18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor,
its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, website developers and
administrators, retailers, advertising, sales promotion and judging agencies and all other
service agencies involved with the Search, and members of the immediate families
(parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households of any of the above are not
eligible.
.....???

have you a problem if you would take AUSTRIA to the United states ??

effgjamis
03-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Where would we put it ?????:roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
03-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Where would we put it ?????:roflblack:

Florida is pretty flat it could use the Alps!

vt228
03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I'M RETIRED GOT LOTS OF TIME ON MY HANDS WOOD LOVE TO RIDE EAST COAST TO WEST AND TELL ALL ABOUT CAN AM SPYDERS.I LIVE FOR THIS PLEASE LET ME NO 1 508 367 4621 :pray::pray::pray: Ambassdor
HAVE A CAMRA AND LABTOP READY FOR THE ROAD AND TRAILER AND TRUCK PLEASE LET ME KNOW who and how I can get into this please always DON

dave01
03-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Florida is pretty flat it could use the Alps!
WOOHOO, mountains in Florida.

SpyderWolf
03-25-2011, 05:53 PM

I guess that would be a much better alternative to it falling into the ocean. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
03-25-2011, 06:47 PM

I always said that mountains would make FL just about perfect. And no, Howey in the Hills doesn't count as mountains.

Firefly
03-26-2011, 12:25 AM
I always said that mountains would make FL just about perfect. And no, Howey in the Hills doesn't count as mountains.

Would have to get rid of the gators too !

bandwagon
03-26-2011, 12:48 AM
:2thumbs:
I am soooo there!! How exciting!! :)

You deserve it, so go and get.:2thumbs:

Marker
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
eligible.
.....???

I feel your pain too Eraser. We need a Canadian:spyder: Ambassador program too .

But I would like to vote for Cyncyspyder and Teddy.Cyncyspyder and Teddy write an amazing blog(thread on this site) They live and breath the daily life of a :f_spider: rider and BRP is getting two great ambassadors for the price of one . From the posted pics of Teddy he draws a crowd where ever he goes.:D

jedd
03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
I got my letter done and now the wildly mediocre video to be made.

Remember us little people when you become famous:2thumbs:

SethO
03-26-2011, 09:06 PM

as long as those damn elka shocks get put on I will.

SpyderAnn01
03-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Seth, I don't think anything you do is mediocre. Wild now that is another thing.

dltang
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
My video and essay are completed, just finishing up some last minute details and then I will have it submitted to BRP. Wish me luck everyone. And good luck to others that are entering.

docdoru
03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
My video and essay are completed, just finishing up some last minute details and then I will have it submitted to BRP. Wish me luck everyone. And good luck to others that are entering.
Good luck to you and other SL paticipants. :2thumbs:
If elected, whatch out what you have to sign...;)

Rando
03-29-2011, 07:52 PM
in the news

click here (http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2011/can-am-seeks-spyder-ambassadors)

dltang
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
My application has been submitted. Wish me luck everyone.

NancysToy
03-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I can't think of anyone who could do the job better!

SpyderWolf
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Best of luck to you, and any other fellow SpyderLovers members that enter the fray. :2thumbs:

Firefly
04-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Looks like we have 3 SpyderLovers entered so far. The deadline for entry is tomorrow night folks....

Seth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyuZQ21KD0U

Deb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyevBJqQw9s&feature=autofb

Spydergirl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fktrOw2ls&feature=related

Might be some more SL out there that I missed??

Post em' folks!

SethO
04-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I still find it weird to talk about myself for 5 minutes to a camera. Good luck to all the spyderlovers that applied.

dltang
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Dan, You forgot SpyDeb from TX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFZdxm-zVg

Lamonster
04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Dan, You forgot SpyDeb from TX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFZdxm-zVg
I didn't see this one, nicely done. :thumbup:

ctpaddler2000
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
There are a couple on line that looks like they have a semi professional film crew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNYB7wvVKsk

dltang
04-08-2011, 08:41 AM
There are a couple on line that looks like they have a semi professional film crew.

I agree some of the video's on line are top notch, as you said, professional film crew quality.

Here is the Judging Criteria from BRP's rule site:
JUDGING: Judging will be done on or about April 11, 2011 by a panel of judges based on the following, equally weighted criteria: strength of essay (25%), strength of video (25%), perceived passion for the sport (25%), and creativity/originality. The two highest scoring entries will be declared members of the Spyder ambassador team. In the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score first in the creativity criteria and then in the essay criteria will be declared members of the Spyder ambassador team. If a tie continues, the tied entries will be re-judged by a new judge using the original criteria. The new Spyder ambassadors will be announced on the Spyder blog on or about April 15, 2011.

dltang
04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Here are a few more I have found on line. I wish everyone the best of luck. Some of these videos are truly amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vi8QHtWkuA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGSJK1j6MA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hRItTL_4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVnV1y-lRlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qQKZz6BLUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYwRiJJkMSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcVPDGDTXOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEF9-Zx9Ks

ctpaddler2000
04-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Can-Am stated that all the videos will eventually be available under their youtube channel.

Lamonster
04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
After seeing some of those videos I'm sure glad I'm not applying for the gig. nojoke
Good luck to all of you. :thumbup:

ctpaddler2000
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
While I do not think it will win, my favorite one so far is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-1I-R5JMo

Firefly
04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Well.. by this time next week we will know who they pick ! :2thumbs:

Well done everyone!

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I just threw my hat into the ring as well. It may not be much, but at least I made the deadline. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUrPRYFkGjA

Good luck to all of my fellow SpyderLovers who submitted applications. Hopefully at least one of us will get the gig. :2thumbs:

Firefly
04-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Tick - tock - tick - tock folks..... the deadline is midnight tonight to enter!!!!

We HAVE to have at least one of our beloved Spyderlovers in this !!

dltang
04-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Good Luck Mike

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Good Luck Mike

Same to you Deb. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree that it would be great to have a spyderlover win. I really don't like the idea of someone winning that doesn't already own a Spyder. It just wouldn't be right. Good luck to all of you spyderlovers who entered.

docdoru
04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
It just wouldn't be right.
:coffee:

dltang
04-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Tick - tock - tick - tock folks..... the deadline is midnight tonight to enter!!!!

We HAVE to have at least one of our beloved Spyderlovers in this !!

Actually Dan, they extended the deadline to April 11th due to the overwhelming response.

dave01
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Actually Dan, they extended the deadline to April 11th due to the overwhelming response.

Just checked BRP site and it still shows tonight as the deadline:dontknow::dontknow:

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Doh! That means I could have taken more time and done a better job on my video. Oh well, it is what it is. :D :dontknow:

dltang
04-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Just checked BRP site and it still shows tonight as the deadline:dontknow::dontknow:

Yeah, I know they announced it on their Facebook page tonight.

NancysToy
04-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Doh! That means I could have taken more time and done a better job on my video. Oh well, it is what it is. :D :dontknow:
You did just fine on your video, Mike. All the videos were good. Like Ann, I prefer those who are experienced owners, though. I'm glad I am not a judge, choosing is gonna be a hard job!

SpyderWolf
04-08-2011, 10:11 PM
You did just fine on your video, Mike. All the videos were good. Like Ann, I prefer those who are experienced owners, though. I'm glad I am not a judge, choosing is gonna be a hard job!

Thanks Scotty, and you are definitely right about the judging going to be very difficult.

Since they extended the deadline for submittal until Monday, does that mean we will have to wait longer to find out who they pick?

docdoru
04-09-2011, 05:54 AM
While I do not think it will win, my favorite one so far is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-1I-R5JMo

:agree: she does seem to be my female counterpart: OLA :thumbup:

Amanda B
04-09-2011, 10:35 AM
They really moved it? I spent three hours at McDonald's last night, got kicked out because they were closing and posted it while sitting on a bench freezing because my wireless access was slow! Wow...that would have been nice to know lol!!! But, it's done I guess.:ohyea:

Lamonster
04-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Here you go.

Still haven't completed your submission for our search for the next Can-Am Spyder Ambassador? Don't worry, you have a little more time. Due to the overwhelming response and multiple requests to push the submission deadline back, we've decided to slide it to 12:01am Monday, April 11. We won't push the deadline back again, so make sure to get your entries in this weekend if you want to win a brand new Spyder RS-S!

https://s-external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=bcc1987c216396eb42de529bc411d7ad&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen-us.spyder.brp.com%2FDownloadImage.ashx%3FimageID%3 D8371ecc5-2fb5-4540-a6e3-9eae01385173%26imageSizeID%3D1 (http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=903c1ca6-c328-43ea-bd3f-9eae01307b4d)Deadline Extended! Enter the Search for the Next Can-Am Spyder Ambassador (http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=903c1ca6-c328-43ea-bd3f-9eae01307b4d)
en-us.spyder.brp.comDeadline extended to 12:01 AM Monday, April 11.

SpyderWolf
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
They really moved it? I spent three hours at McDonald's last night, got kicked out because they were closing and posted it while sitting on a bench freezing because my wireless access was slow! Wow...that would have been nice to know lol!!! But, it's done I guess.:ohyea:

Can you post a link to your video in here so we can see it as well? Please. :thumbup:

ctpaddler2000
04-09-2011, 03:18 PM
I want to see the video of you sitting outside McDonalds in the cold.

Spydeb
04-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Hey fellow Spyderlovers. I really love the fact that we are all cheering for one another. We truly are a giant family. :agree: with Ann and hope one us gets the ambassadorship. Thanks for all the support and best of luck to all Spyderlovers!

Amanda B
04-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I want to see the video of you sitting outside McDonalds in the cold.

LOL...no you don't! I was up against the window because I was worried after almost three hours of load time and 98% complete that I would lose signal.

SpyderWolf
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
LOL...no you don't! I was up against the window because I was worried after almost three hours of load time and 98% complete that I would lose signal.

We all showed you ours, so it is only right for you to show us yours. :D

G-Man
04-10-2011, 07:03 AM
I still find it weird to talk about myself for 5 minutes to a camera. Good luck to all the spyderlovers that applied.

You were fantastic Seth!! I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire video. You must have rehearsed. The discipline was evident in the fact that you were able to speak for an entire five minutes and 38 seconds without dropping the "F-Bomb"!!

You should receive at least an honorable mention for that alone! :doorag:

SpyderWolf
04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
You were fantastic Seth!! I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire video. You must have rehearsed. The discipline was evident in the fact that you were able to speak for an entire five minutes and 38 seconds without dropping the "F-Bomb"!!

:2thumbs: :clap:

flamingobabe
04-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Good Luck to all that have made the commitment to Can-am Ambassador contest. There are some really good videos....crossing my fingers hoping someone or someones from Spyderlovers wins.:yes::yes::2excited::yes::yes:

docdoru
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
crossing my fingers hoping someone or someones from Spyderlovers wins.:yes::yes::2excited::yes::yes:

Two for Two from SpyderLovers! :2thumbs:

docdoru
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM

Can we see the non-rated version? :roflblack::joke:

Fireball22
04-10-2011, 12:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNYB7wvVKsk

Okay, this has me laughing! :roflblack:

I'm Don Falloon, the guy in the video you highlighted. It was shot by my best bud Don Hartwick who recorded this using a single 7.2 mp Sony still camera with a movie function. He used Windows Movie Maker (which he tells me was bundled with his computer when he bought it) to edit and complete the project. I did the scripting (as I should as the applicant) and we co-directed the shoot.

His "Hart Media Group" logo is somewhat of an inside joke since he is a BIG TIME Hot Wheels fanatic and shoots hundreds of pictures of his collection (which I also understand numbers around 5000).

"Professional" would have at least required a wireless mike and avoiding the 20 mph winds and the hellacious sunburn I got on my scalp.

Best of luck, all! Ride safe!

ctpaddler2000
04-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Isn't that the whole point. If I was a judge I want a real person to be the ambassador. They can hire models and actors for events but the ambassadors have to be genuine. I can use google to see photos of Sturgis but where would I see someone on a Spyder freezing outside Burger King.

SethO
04-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Can we see the non-rated version? :roflblack::joke:

my buddy does have a "outtakes" version, what I mean is talking about all the ideas we had and setup, then the general seth antics, it was more high schoolesk then professional outtakes..

Amanda B
04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
We all showed you ours, so it is only right for you to show us yours. :D

LOL! Sorry missed the comment. Here it is....don't laugh!!!!! Had I known there was more time it would have been worked on some more but I had to go with what I had as I got it posted last minute due to wireless issues (or at least I thought it was posted last minute).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n88pWSW_mzM

docdoru
04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Here it is....don't laugh!!!!!
Very nice :thumbup:
Are you applying for the Huligan status as well? :D
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/4-10-20115-59-13PM.png?t=1302473099

Amanda B
04-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Very nice :thumbup:
Are you applying for the Huligan status as well? :D
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/4-10-20115-59-13PM.png?t=1302473099

LOL, can I apply for Huligan status? I wanna be a Huligan!!!! Where's the application? Do I get a shirt with that lol??

SpyderWolf
04-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Okay, this has me laughing! :roflblack:

I'm Don Falloon, the guy in the video you highlighted. It was shot by my best bud Don Hartwick who recorded this using a single 7.2 mp Sony still camera with a movie function. He used Windows Movie Maker (which he tells me was bundled with his computer when he bought it) to edit and complete the project. I did the scripting (as I should as the applicant) and we co-directed the shoot.

His "Hart Media Group" logo is somewhat of an inside joke since he is a BIG TIME Hot Wheels fanatic and shoots hundreds of pictures of his collection (which I also understand numbers around 5000).

"Professional" would have at least required a wireless mike and avoiding the 20 mph winds and the hellacious sunburn I got on my scalp.

Best of luck, all! Ride safe!

:welcome:

I hope your scalp heals quickly. :D If you happen to win are you going to be a regular visitor/contributor here?

LOL! Sorry missed the comment. Here it is....don't laugh!!!!! Had I known there was more time it would have been worked on some more but I had to go with what I had as I got it posted last minute due to wireless issues (or at least I thought it was posted last minute).

You did a great job on your video. Thanks for sharing it.

Of course, all of my really creative ideas began flooding my brain shortly after I completed submitting my application. :roflblack:

Fireball22
04-10-2011, 11:01 PM
:welcome:

I hope your scalp heals quickly. :D If you happen to win are you going to be a regular visitor/contributor here?

You can bet on it. Okay, so there is that little issue of winning... unless the fates shine upon me it'll be a while before I can afford to upgrade to a Spyder on my own. I find that Spyder Ryders are some very awesome people and hope to be able to join their ranks soon!

- Don

ctpaddler2000
04-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Here is my essay. Read it to the tune of Janis Joplin's "Mercedes Benz".

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Can-Am Spyder ?
My friends all ride Harleys, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Can-Am Spyder ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me an I-Phone 4G ?
B-R-P is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me an I-Phone 4G ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a trip to LA ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and book the next flight,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a trip to LA ?

Everybody!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Can-Am Spyder ?
My friends all ride Harleys, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Can-Am Spyder ?

That's it!

j/k

docdoru
04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
LOL, can I apply for Huligan status? I wanna be a Huligan!!!! Where's the application? Do I get a shirt with that lol??
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/huligan1.jpg?t=1302526844

Firefly
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM

Application process:

Show up and participate in 'performance testing'.

Simple as that - and yes there are various shirts floating around.....:D

ctpaddler2000
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I found 25 newer videos public videos on YouTube labeled "Spyder Ambassador". Others could be set to "link only" or not labeled that specific, but I would have thought there would have been more.

SpyderWolf
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
You can bet on it. Okay, so there is that little issue of winning... unless the fates shine upon me it'll be a while before I can afford to upgrade to a Spyder on my own. I find that Spyder Ryders are some very awesome people and hope to be able to join their ranks soon!

- Don

:agree:

This site really has some of the best Spyder Ryders out there on it that's for sure. :thumbup:

I found 25 newer videos public videos on YouTube labeled "Spyder Ambassador". Others could be set to "link only" or not labeled that specific, but I would have thought there would have been more.

I am sure there has to be more than that. A good chance that many of the entries did not use "Spyder Ambassador" in that exact order anywhere in their title or description.

It is almost all over but the waiting for the winners to be announced now.

Fireball22
04-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Not everyone who has posted a video has done it under "Spyder Ambassador." You might look under "Spyder Contest" and other derivations.

BTW, I take your reference to my entry and questioning whether I used a semi-professional film crew to be a compliment considering such was not nearly the case. On the other hand, I have worked with professional video teams before: http://youtu.be/I9z5NVWZ5MQ

- Don

SpyderWolf
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Not everyone who has posted a video has done it under "Spyder Ambassador." You might look under "Spyder Contest" and other derivations.

BTW, I take your reference to my entry and questioning whether I used a semi-professional film crew to be a compliment considering such was not nearly the case. On the other hand, I have worked with professional video teams before: http://youtu.be/I9z5NVWZ5MQ

- Don

I would definitely take it as a compliment, as I am sure that is how he meant it to be. :thumbup:

By the way, I just received a confirmation email that my entry has been accepted. They are hoping to have the winners selected by April 16. Best of luck everyone. :2thumbs:

Fireball22
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
By the way, I just received a confirmation email that my entry has been accepted. They are hoping to have the winners selected by April 16. Best of luck everyone. :2thumbs:[/QUOTE]

:2thumbs: :congrats: :yes:

TicketBait
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I have so enjoyed all of the videos, and do wish everyone the best of luck. The original ambassadors had no previous Spyder experience and I think they did a magnificent job. So I am open to non spyderlovers becoming an ambassador and then also becoming a spyderlover member. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/cheers2.gifIf that weren't possible then our family would not grow.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/sLo_grouphug3.gif

And I have also loved the videos presented by the members here too. I don't know if there is a limit on the # they can have, I think they should have as many as they think would convey a positive image.

The whole idea is to get a great communicator who can convey the message that BRP is trying to get across. If someone has film/editing or skills in public speaking it will make the experience for others that don't know or are on the fence about the purchase of a spyder that much more effective. Gosh this has got to be exciting. It seems all the entrants have motorcycle experience, but I don't think that should be a criteria either. rather someone who want to take on a big adventure!:thumbup:
jmo, TicketBait

ctpaddler2000
04-12-2011, 06:28 AM

I also searched Spyder, Can-Am, and Ambassador individually.

BTW, I take your reference to my entry and questioning whether I used a semi-professional film crew to be a compliment....

Yes, it was meant as a compliment.

Amanda B
04-12-2011, 06:49 AM

I looked up various things and found the same, but I figured there are probably many that are not public so we cannot see them. Either way, I think they have enough good videos to pick a couple ambassadors!!

ctpaddler2000
04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
All the videos are up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CanAmSpyderTeam?feature=mhum#g/c/97C0E445894BC804

docdoru
04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
All the videos are up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CanAmSpyderTeam?feature=mhum#g/c/97C0E445894BC804
Not all, there are some more! :lecturef_smilie:

ctpaddler2000
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Not all, there are some more! :lecturef_smilie:

I was able to go into the playlist from the main can-an youtube page and got a few more videos.

Look for a "Load More" button.

ctpaddler2000
04-14-2011, 06:17 AM
I don't see on the Can-Am "channel" Fireball, the gal from NYC who did the characters, or the gentleman in the wheelchair.

effgjamis
04-14-2011, 08:14 AM
I got my email

ctpaddler2000
04-14-2011, 09:21 AM
I got my email

I saw your video. Are you the guy sitting on the bike or the guy standing?

effgjamis
04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
standing