PDA

View Full Version : RT-S SE5 (BIG RED) DELAYED ONE DAY

Mr. White
03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
My dealer called and asked if I could wait one more day for "BIG RED". I said sure. She said she want's her service manager to spend Wednesday putting it together and hanging the GPS, CB, XM radio, footrest and led brake lighting on it. They have a couple of other Spyders to complete and are a little behind due to the motorcycle show last weekend.

The service manager, Bruce, is known as the best around and he does the accessories personally...hey, what could I say. Bruce said I do the accessories on the Spyders....then they are right as I check them out before the trike leaves the shop.

I told him a day or two to wait is nothing compared to them not working properly and I have to make extra trips to get things right.

The owner said, "Mr. Lewis, now that we are settled on your delivery, would you please move your tent, BBQ grill, boom box, ice chest, porta pottie and Gold Wing trike out of the my parking lot? We will call you when BIG RED is ready."

Slybird
03-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Shoot! I'm almost as anxious as you are, George. :popcorn: Can't wait for you to get it and get out on the road. Keep us posted, my friend!

dancogan
03-22-2011, 04:40 PM
...The owner said, "Mr. Lewis, now that we are settled on your delivery, would you please move your tent, BBQ grill, boom box, porta pottie and Gold Wing trike out of the my parking lot?"

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: That's the truth, isn't it?

Marker
03-22-2011, 04:40 PM
My dealer called and asked if I could wait one more day for "BIG RED". I said sure. She said she want's her service manager to spend Wednesday putting it together and hanging the GPS, CB, XM radio, footrest and led brake lighting on it. They have a couple of other Spyders to complete and are a little behind due to the motorcycle show last weekend.

The service manager, Bruce, is known as the best around and he does the accessories personally...hey, what could I say. Bruce said I do the accessories on the Spyders....then they are right as I check them out before the trike leaves the shop.

I told him a day or two to wait is nothing compared to them not working properly and I have to make extra trips to get things right.

The owner said, "Mr. Lewis, now that we are settled on your delivery, would you please move your tent, BBQ grill, boom box, porta pottie and Gold Wing trike out of the my parking lot?" :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

:congrats: Remember good things come to those who wait:thumbup:

stevedfive
03-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Please let us know if the GPS sound is heard in the helmet.

CyncySpyder
03-22-2011, 07:37 PM
ONE MORE DAY :gaah:

We're all hang'n in there with ya George :pray:

Mr. White
03-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Please let us know if the GPS sound is heard in the helmet.

Okay, it should. I paid for a wiring harness which hooks the CB, GPS and FX radio into the comm system. Will advise...

Delivery could be Thursday, depending on their schedule...I am not pushing it...as long as it is right a day or two mean little. It was hot today and I cooled off in the hills west of town on Orange Crush. I think she is a little tense after me making a place for Big Red in the barn....I know they will be friends... :ohyea:

ARtraveler
03-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Congrats and yes, we are all waiting.

REDSPY
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
At least yours has arrived. Still no trucks making deliveries in NC.

Good luck and hopefuuly we will all hear your reivews and advice for us yet to take delivery on Thurs.

//Don

stevedfive
03-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Your going to love it, it will be worth the wait!

SpyderWolf
03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Did you get it yet George? :dontknow:

I am almost as anxious for you as if it were my own now. :D

CyncySpyder
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
:popcorn::dontknow::popcorn:

Spyder Cat
03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Mr. White
03-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Not yet. I am going riding to breakfast this morning with my Hill Country Road Riders....after I eat, I will call them and see what is happening....no word as of 0700. Anyway, if not this afternoon, Tuesday or Wednesday....I don't want to push the installation of the accessories (CB, XM, GPS, footpegs, led stop lights....)

I want the main man to do it and with his wifes surgery, he may not have his head on straight yet....and I don't want a half-axx job....for the money I am paying for this machine, I want it to work the first time.

I am a patient man and if I don't get it by Wednesday, I will take my Kabota over and dig up their parking lot!

MouthPiece
03-26-2011, 07:24 AM
I am a patient man and if I don't get it by Wednesday, I will take my Kabota over and dig up their parking lot!

Now you've gone and done it. You do know that the above can be used in a court of law??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Chris PE# 0004

SpyderWolf
03-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Oh, I would also be patient and wait for him to get through the surgery deal for his wife. It sounds like they are a good dealer and are going to make sure things are put together correctly the first time for you. You may not be aware of it yet, but that is a very good thing for you as there have been quite a few dealers that are nowhere near that customer oriented.

Hang in there a little while longer, hide the keys to the Kubota, and let us know when you take possession of it. :thumbup:

dancogan
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
...hide the keys to the Kubota, and let us know when you take possession of it. :thumbup:

Well, you don't really have to hide the keys ... just give them to me for a couple of weeks. :roflblack::roflblack:

Patience is a good thing right now, and I agree with what all the others have said, that it sounds like your dealer is trying to do the right thing by you.

CyncySpyder
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey George, if it Helps any, I can always sig Teddy on 'em for ya :roflblack:

He'd sure give them
One Hell of a Lick'n!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11374&d=1301154247

Bob Denman
03-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh, I would also be patient and wait for him to get through the surgery deal for his wife. It sounds like they are a good dealer and are going to make sure things are put together correctly the first time for you.
Hang in there a little while longer, hide the keys to the Kubota, and let us know when you take possession of it. :thumbup:
:agree: one-hundred percent!
Still... you've got a lot of friends pacing nervously for you! :popcorn::popcorn:

ARtraveler
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:--this is getting to be a Hichcock cliffhanger. Will George get the bike soon--or is there something else lurking in the wings?????????

GaryTheBadger
03-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Something tells me George is going to be very popular at Spyderfest!
If he get's his bike by then!

Havasu Rider
03-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Heard that George could not make it to Spyderfest. :dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
03-26-2011, 10:07 PM
It sure would be nice if our dealers had more than one qualified Spyder mechanic. Maybe someday they will.

TicketBait
03-27-2011, 12:24 AM
We will call you when BIG RED is ready."

I think you should change your forum name to BIG RED, it suits you to a T . Just aslk Lamont and i am sure he would.

So happy you got all the extras, :clap:mine I added a little at a time as many of the items were not
available from the get go.

Spend your time right now picking out which 15 pre set XM radio stations you want, and have them
program them in for you, thats the least they should do for your extra wait time