PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Gizzard City Ride Mar. 26th

dltang
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Tentative Ride to Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville MI (Lansing area). Weather dependent of course. We'll keep an eye on the weather. Right now the outlook is sunny but cold. We all know that can change in the blink of an eye. I am thinking about 13:00 for lunch unless anyone has some better idea's and times.

NancysToy
03-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Sounds like fun, and certainly an eating adventure. The weather looks pretty chilly, with a low of 20 Saturday morning and a high around 37. Nancy is having surgery this week, so we will have to pass. Looks like I am still a stick-in-the-mud. :(

bjt
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Sounds like fun, and certainly an eating adventure. The weather looks pretty chilly, with a low of 20 Saturday morning and a high around 37. Nancy is having surgery this week, so we will have to pass. Looks like I am still a stick-in-the-mud. :(

You and me both. I enjoy a nice ride but a high of 37 does not fit into my definition of a nice ride. She'll be riding there by herself if thats the temperature for Saturday. :sour:

dltang
03-21-2011, 02:42 PM
You and me both. I enjoy a nice ride but a high of 37 does not fit into my definition of a nice ride. She'll be riding there by herself if thats the temperature for Saturday. :sour:

We will just have to wait and see. These stupid weather forecasts have been changing daily. By the time Saturday arrives, it could be in the 50's.

Scotty, hope Nancy's surgery is nothing serious and she comes through with flying colors.

RLS
03-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone,
It's been a long winter. Can't wait to get the bikes out, but waiting for a couple of more rain days to wash the salt off the roads. Joan and I have been to Joe's and while everything is fried, it's really good. Unfortunately, we have to teach all day at the Red Cross on the 26th. So enjoy your ride and Joe's and we'll catch up on another ride.
Bob

SpyderAnn01
03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
If the planets align we will go.

EricDeub
03-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Sorry guys the weather is going to suck Saturday maybe next time.:doorag:

dltang
03-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,
It's been a long winter. Can't wait to get the bikes out, but waiting for a couple of more rain days to wash the salt off the roads. Joan and I have been to Joe's and while everything is fried, it's really good. Unfortunately, we have to teach all day at the Red Cross on the 26th. So enjoy your ride and Joe's and we'll catch up on another ride.
Bob
Bob, it is so good to hear from you on the forum again. How the heck are you and Joan doing? Can't wait to meet up with you for some sumer riding. There is another Brighton SpyderLover on line now days. His handle is GadgetGuy442, he rides and RT I believe. Anyway, I am sure we will talk to you soon.

If the planets align we will go.
Ann, I think the planets are not going to align for this Saturday. We are getting hit pretty good right now and if it isn't over 45 degree, I don't think my husband will be too interested in the ride. Luckily there are many more Saturdays to come.

Sorry guys the weather is going to suck Saturday maybe next time.:doorag:
Eric, I do believe you are correct. That is too bad but as I stated above, we have many more Saturdays to meet up. I truly am looking forward to Joe's Gizzards one day in the near future though.

woodchuck
03-22-2011, 05:22 PM

I don't know what kind of surgery Nancy is having but we wish her luck on the surgery and a quick recovery. Summer is coming , at least that is what I was told.

NancysToy
03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't know what kind of surgery Nancy is having but we wish her luck on the surgery and a quick recovery. Summer is coming , at least that is what I was told.
Nancy had hand surgery today. They removed a bone at the base of her thumb, and reconstructed the joint with a piece of tendon they stole from her wrist. Things got a bit complicated, they had to try a second time to get a tendon (from the opposite side), since the one side had deteriorated too badly. The arthritis was very bad, so the surgeon had to probe around to find his way, but he got the job done, in a bit more time than anticipated. Nancy is gonna hurt, and she has to rely on me for almost everthing, for a while, but she should be back riding before the summer is over. Thanks for wishing her well.

Trickie Dick
03-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Nancy had hand surgery today. They removed a bone at the base of her thumb, and reconstructed the joint with a piece of tendon they stole from her wrist. Things got a bit complicated, they had to try a second time to get a tendon (from the opposite side), since the one side had deteriorated too badly. The arthritis was very bad, so the surgeon had to probe around to find his way, but he got the job done, in a bit more time than anticipated. Nancy is gonna hurt, and she has to rely on me for almost everthing, for a while, but she should be back riding before the summer is over. Thanks for wishing her well.
I hope Nancy recovers quickly and without complications. It would be nice to meet her sometime. Hopefully, Maggie Valley:thumbup:

NancysToy
03-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I hope Nancy recovers quickly and without complications. It would be nice to meet her sometime. Hopefully, Maggie Valley:thumbup:
We intend to be there. Already registered with BRP and already have rooms.

dltang
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM

Glad to hear she flew through the surgery well. Tell her healing prayers are being said.

On another note, when are you two leaving for the BRP event and BBQ. We are leaving on Wed. and driving straight thru to Lamonts. We will stay there on Wed. and Thurs night and then head to Maggie Valley on Fri morning. We will camp 2 days in Cherokee, NC. I know you two aren't camping and I know you are taking the scenic ride home. But if timing works out maybe we can ride out together.

NancysToy
03-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Glad to hear she flew through the surgery well. Tell her healing prayers are being said.

On another note, when are you two leaving for the BRP event and BBQ. We are leaving on Wed. and driving straight thru to Lamonts. We will stay there on Wed. and Thurs night and then head to Maggie Valley on Fri morning. We will camp 2 days in Cherokee, NC. I know you two aren't camping and I know you are taking the scenic ride home. But if timing works out maybe we can ride out together.
Nancy has to work through Tuesday 6/14, the last day of school. We will leave Wednesday morning, stay in Corbin, KY that night, then on to Lamont's Thursday morning. After the BBQ, we will head to Cherokee, where we will stay until Sunday AM. Then it's up the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the length of Skyline Drive, before turning left for home. A stop at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum in Columbus on the way home will give us about 2,000 miles over nine days. ...at least that is the plan as it stands now. Some depends on the weather and Nancy's recovery. We would be happy to ride with you, but we probably can't keep up with you. :roflblack: Probably won't hit the freeway until Cinncinnati, anyway.

dltang
03-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Nancy has to work through Tuesday 6/14, the last day of school. We will leave Wednesday morning, stay in Corbin, KY that night, then on to Lamont's Thursday morning. After the BBQ, we will head to Cherokee, where we will stay until Sunday AM. Then it's up the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the length of Skyline Drive, before turning left for home. A stop at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum in Columbus on the way home will give us about 2,000 miles over nine days. ...at least that is the plan as it stands now. Some depends on the weather and Nancy's recovery. We would be happy to ride with you, but we probably can't keep up with you. :roflblack: Probably won't hit the freeway until Cinncinnati, anyway.

We'll probably see you at the BBQ then. Since we are hitting it in one day, we'll be on the highway early. Wish we had the time to do some of the other rides you are going on though. Sounds like a great trip.

NancysToy
03-22-2011, 10:25 PM
We'll probably see you at the BBQ then. Since we are hitting it in one day, we'll be on the highway early. Wish we had the time to do some of the other rides you are going on though. Sounds like a great trip.
I did it alone in one day each way last year, but I am taking mercy on my passenger. Honestly, preserving my buns for the long haul has nothing to do with it. :roflblack: See ya at Lamont's.