PDA

View Full Version : NEW MICHIGAN SPYDER OWNER

Dragon Snake
03-20-2011, 10:17 PM
HI I'M NEW TO THE SPYDER EXPERIENCE WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM OTHER MICHIGAN RIDERS ABOUT RIDES AND RIDE INS. HAVEN'T RODE CYCLES SINCE 03. LIKE MY SPYDER A LOT. ONLY HAVE ABOUT 100 MILES ON IT. SO GIVE ME A SHOUT AS TO WHATS HAPPENING AROUND THE STATE. THANKS AND HAPPY RIDING.

DRAGON SNAKE

ARtraveler
03-20-2011, 10:27 PM
:welcome: to the forum. You have found a place where you can find answers to questions as well as all information :spyder2:

dancogan
03-21-2011, 05:50 AM
:welcome: from another Michigander. Keep up to date on the forum and you'll see some get-togethers posted from time to time. Or post a suggested one yourself. Sometimes all it takes is an idea of where to meet for lunch, and ryders can get there from wherever they live.

NancysToy
03-21-2011, 07:36 AM
:welcome:

I've lived in Michigan all my life, but I had to look up Lake City. You got me with that one. :D

Enjoy the Ryde!

fastfraser
03-21-2011, 07:47 AM
:congrats::welcome::spyder2: On.

CyncySpyder
03-21-2011, 07:55 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Don't forget to post a pic of your new :spyder2: :thumbup:

Teddy & I look forward to hearing of your new Adventures as a SpyderRyder
:2thumbs:

Dave & Teddy

dltang
03-21-2011, 07:59 AM

I've lived in Michigan all my life, but I had to look up Lake City. You got me with that one. :D

Enjoy the Ryde!

Me too Scotty..LOL :welcome: & :congrats: You have some great riding up your way. If time permits this year I'd like to hit the Tunnel of Trees again. And if weather is decent this coming Sat. there is a tentative talk about Gizzard City in Potterville (by Lansing) Ride same and enjoy.

fordguyupnorth
03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
:congrats: MY FIANCEE GRADUATED FROM LAKE CITY H.S. WE RIDE UP TO THE FIFE LAKE AREA ON OCCASION TO VISIT THE IN-LAWS. MAYBE WE WILL CROSS PATHS SOMETIME. I AM KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR THE TUNNELL OF TREES RIDE, SOUND REALLY COOL!

SpyderAnn01
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM

Dragon Snake
03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
:congrats: MY FIANCEE GRADUATED FROM LAKE CITY H.S. WE RIDE UP TO THE FIFE LAKE AREA ON OCCASION TO VISIT THE IN-LAWS. MAYBE WE WILL CROSS PATHS SOMETIME. I AM KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR THE TUNNELL OF TREES RIDE, SOUND REALLY COOL!
let me know when you come up this way and we can meet for a ride or lunch or both. I rode 25 miles today. a short ride before the snow. really enjoy the trike. Where's the tunnel of trees? Is that up by Petoskey?

Dragon Snake
03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Can't wait to meet all of you and do some riding. Rode today for 25 miles. Temp was 39. Got a bit chilly towards the end. Safe and happy riding to all.

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

dltang
03-22-2011, 09:44 PM
let me know when you come up this way and we can meet for a ride or lunch or both. I rode 25 miles today. a short ride before the snow. really enjoy the trike. Where's the tunnel of trees? Is that up by Petoskey?

Tunnel of Trees is Cross Village to Harbor Springs. Great little ride. We added some extra to it. We actually started in Mackinaw City and rode down the west coast and then through the "tunnel" and ended up in Harbor Springs. What a great ride.

My camera is a bit wavery in the mount I have but here is video from our ride. You get the idea of what a great ride it is. That is bjt in front of me, his lights aren't really flashing, that is just how they look as LED's on camera. Hope you don't get seasick watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5uo9Xr5x0Q

NancysToy
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
.....Where's the tunnel of trees? Is that up by Petoskey?
M119 runs near the Lake Michigan shore, from Bay View (east of Petosky) to Cross village, 27 miles north. The 20 miles north of Harbor Springs is known as the Tunnel of Trees.

dltang
03-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Here is some video of our pre-Tunnel ride along the lade shore leaving Macinaw City.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ftnwxg-fE

medic 1
03-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Welcome from Swartz Creek, I have not been fortunate enough to be on any rides with the MI group since most are on Sat, 1 of my days to work. Look forward to meeting you at some point in time, Speaking of rides, check out the MI post regarding a spring poker run. Take care, Bill

Some Guy
03-23-2011, 11:42 AM

I actually rode thru Lake City last summer...just wandering around! :thumbup:

GadgetGuy442
03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
:welcome: Welcome Dragon Snake.... this is one great website that you'll spend lots of time on, I'll bet!

Know a few people in the Lake City area on Lake Missaukee... have been there a handful of times - sure is a nice area for riding!

Looking forward to meeting you at an upcoming event!

Bill

fordguyupnorth
03-25-2011, 03:55 PM
i will get ahold of you the next time we ride up that way dragonsnake! if you have never been through the tunnel of trees it is a MUST DO! stop in boyne city and have lunch at red mesa then take the ferry across lake charlevoix and hit the tunnel of trees. we will all have to make a get together. look forward to meeting you!:2thumbs:

Marker
03-25-2011, 03:58 PM
:welcome: :congrats:

Dragon Snake
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the vids of tunnel of trees. I thought that's what you guys were talking about. Been through it a few times on bikes and cars. It is a nice slow ride. All you downstate riders will have to come up north and do some riding in my neck of the woods. Really like this site and all the spyder talk. Hope to see you all soon. :thumbup:

dltang
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the vids of tunnel of trees. I thought that's what you guys were talking about. Been through it a few times on bikes and cars. It is a nice slow ride. All you downstate riders will have to come up north and do some riding in my neck of the woods. Really like this site and all the spyder talk. Hope to see you all soon. :thumbup:

Looking forward to some riding up north this summer. As we get into the season we will put together some rides and see who all is up for it.

Dragon Snake
03-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Looking forward to some riding up north this summer. As we get into the season we will put together some rides and see who all is up for it.
sounds great. all this talk makes me want to get on my trike again. got floorboards for it last week. have to install them when it gets a little warmer. I think it will improve the ride position a lot. come on warm weather gotta ride lol:2thumbs: :doorag: :spyder:

SPYD1
03-30-2011, 07:58 PM
sounds great. all this talk makes me want to get on my trike again. got floorboards for it last week. have to install them when it gets a little warmer. I think it will improve the ride position a lot. come on warm weather gotta ride lol:2thumbs: :doorag: :spyder:
welcome to spydering...I have had mine for a year but just joined this site today//sounds like there is a lot of great people here...I hunt north a lot so I know your area well...welcome to spydering!!!!:congrats::welcome::thumbup:

spydrluvr
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Welcome to both of you....I am a newbie too...not only am i hooked on my spyder, but this website as well...i'm pretty sure there isn't anything one of these fine people doesn't know the answer to. I look forward to meeting and having a ride...until then enjoy your :spyder2: 's !!!:2thumbs:

Dragon Snake
03-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Welcome to both of you....I am a newbie too...not only am i hooked on my spyder, but this website as well...i'm pretty sure there isn't anything one of these fine people doesn't know the answer to. I look forward to meeting and having a ride...until then enjoy your :spyder2: 's !!!:2thumbs:

Thanks Sounds like these spyder people love to ride their trykes. Went for a short ride tonight to check out my new windshield. Getting used to the three wheel feel.lol Either of you going to joes gizzards on the 9th? :popcorn: