PDA

View Full Version : Blue Route (Spyderfest Ride)

Mo Lee
03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
The blue route will be a little different from the rides posted so far. The blue ride is a Ride for the Ride. We plan to depart Hood Park (Spyderfest Central) at 10:00 and make our way to Rolla where we will turn south on Hwy 63. This is a good 2 lane US Hwy with alternating passing lanes most of the 20 or so miles. We will stop for lunch and fuel in Licking where we can choose where to eat.:dontknow: Once the Spyders and riders are full we will travel Hwy32 east, and in my opinion this is where the ride begins.:ohyea:
Hwy 32 is asphalt and and typical Ozarks road (up and down and Crooked) close to 20 miles we will turn north on Hwy 17 toward the back Gate of Fort Leonard Wood. Hwy 17 is the same kind of road as 32.
I would have loved to take everyone on a ride thru the Fort however but due to regulations ie safety course, registration, and PPE this it not possible.:spyder: Instead I will offer another 30 some miles of crooked 2 lane Ozarks road to a fuel stop in Buckhorn (site of a couple of Missouri's largest Bike Rallys every year). I must point out from Licking to Buckhorn it will be 50-60 miles of travel thru Mark Twain Forest, this area is populated however it is mostly forest. We will need to be on alert for wildlife and rednecks in pickup trucks.:joke: This is also some of my favorite roads either on 2 or 3 wheels.
After refreshment and fuel we will follow old route 66 to St Robert passing Roubidoux Spring (very large spring large enough for Divers) and the Frog carved from a rock in the hillside along the road. We will stop at the front gate of Fort Leonard Wood for a group Photo in front of a large red granite sign cut in the shape of Missouri at the post entrance.
From FLW depending on time and group wishes we can either jump on Interstate 44 for a quick 50 miles back to Cuba or time permitting we can travel a lot of old Route 66 back to Cuba.:dontknow:
This will be one of the longest rides planned (170 miles) for Spyderfest thus the phrase (Ride for the Ride). We do plan on running at least the speed limit.:roflblack:

MouthPiece
03-20-2011, 07:08 AM
I apologize if it's there, but what date? I saw the time, but not a date.

Chris PE# 0004

Mo Lee
03-20-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry I believe all the color rides are on Friday the 29th.

JJW SpyderRider
03-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Sounds like a great ride! I will sure keep this in mind when working out my schedule for the weekend. :2excited:

dltang
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Okay, Thanks a lot Mo Lee. I was all set and had decided on the Elephant Rock ride then you come up with this one. How on earth is a person supposed to decide? arrrggg!! :spyder::spyder::gaah::gaah: Are there any more surprise ride routes planned to be announced?

Mo Lee
03-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Okay, Thanks a lot Mo Lee. I was all set and had decided on the Elephant Rock ride then you come up with this one. How on earth is a person supposed to decide? arrrggg!! :spyder::spyder::gaah::gaah: Are there any more surprise ride routes planned to be announced?
Sorry Deb, I am a little late posting this ride, but with family in Japan I've had my focus elsewhere. I believe there is one more ride out there somewhere.

dave01
03-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Sorry Deb, I am a little late posting this ride, but with family in Japan I've had my focus elsewhere. I believe there is one more ride out there somewhere.

Prayers go out to your family in Japan.:pray::pray:

On another note, with all of these colored rydes, I am going to open a bag of SKITTLES and which ever color comes out first, thats the ryde I am going on.
http://images.forbes.com/media/2009/03/11/skittles_398x206.jpg

dltang
03-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I guess I didn't realize you have family over there. Japan has already been in my prayers but now it is closer to home. You and your family are in my prayers through this tragedy.

fastfraser
03-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Hope all is well with your familt ties in Japan .

:2thumbs: Ride for the Ride. Count me a the Misses in .

Mo Lee
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks all, my Daughter and family are in a pretty safe area at the moment and decided not to send the Grandkids to us yet. We are keeping close track of what is going on however.

pitbull
03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks all, my Daughter and family are in a pretty safe area at the moment and decided not to send the Grandkids to us yet. We are keeping close track of what is going on however.
Glad to hear all is going well with them for now given the bad thing it could have been. Looks like your ride rout is going to be agood time with lots of country to see.:2thumbs:

Mo Lee
03-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I had not mentioned this but the Blue Route will pass thru the US population center from the 2000 census (Edgar Springs, Mo) , and just released today Plato, Mo is the population center based on the 2010 census and we will pass within 2 miles of it. If the group desires I'm sure we could make a short detour if the signs are posted it would be a good photo Op.

pitbull
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I had not mentioned this but the Blue Route will pass thru the US population center from the 2000 census (Edgar Springs, Mo) , and just released today Plato, Mo is the population center based on the 2010 census and we will pass within 2 miles of it. If the group desires I'm sure we could make a short detour if the signs are posted it would be a good photo Op.
Very cool molee, About 6 or 8 years ago it was here at cowtownnojoke it just keeps moving southwest was in steelvile mo a year or so before that.

Mo Lee
04-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Great news, Mike Best has agreed to be Co-Captain on the Blue Route. Mike is a fellow Texas County boy who probably knows these roads better than me.
We still have a couple of rides that could use Co-Captains if anyone thinks they know Missouri roads well enough and would like to volunteer PM me and I can give you more details.

pitbull
04-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Great news, Mike Best has agreed to be Co-Captain on the Blue Route. Mike is a fellow Texas County boy who probably knows these roads better than me.
We still have a couple of rides that could use Co-Captains if anyone thinks they know Missouri roads well enough and would like to volunteer PM me and I can give you more details.

Molee's the last I saw mike was trying to jump ship and go with the ladys:roflblack:

Mo Lee
05-02-2011, 07:01 PM
We had a great ride. Here is the group photo I took with my cell phone, I'm sure some of you have better.