PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback Ride Today - March 19th

Ltownblue
03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Vick and I rode the Diamondback (Hwy 226A near Marion, NC) with my brother and his girl today. It's a great road. Here's some vid from the ride. Note: this was shot with the GoPro mounted on my passenger's (Vickie's) helmet - watch at your own risk! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I1glE9AYJc

JJW SpyderRider
03-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Looked like an great ride :2thumbs:

Nether curve in Illinois is as good to any one of those.

napper39
03-20-2011, 09:43 AM
that was cool but i lened the rong way on one of the cruves and fell off.:roflblack::2thumbs::gaah: grate video tho.

bruiser
03-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Nice ryde!! :shocked:

hevnbound
03-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Good video! 226a is one of my favorites. I imagine you've done 80 out of Marion to the BRP.

Heard the 'Nanny' cut in a couple of times!! I assume your Bro caught up with you and all was well!

What model of GoPro are you using? Guess I'm gonna have to get me one of those!

Ltownblue
03-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Looked like an great ride :2thumbs:

Nether curve in Illinois is as good to any one of those.

Yep, there are a lot of roads like that here at our back door - another reason why I love North Carolina.

that was cool but i lened the rong way on one of the cruves and fell off.:roflblack::2thumbs::gaah: grate video tho.

Haha. I know what you mean. I never knew that Vickie was so... active when she rides with me.

Nice ryde!! :shocked:

Thanks.

Good video! 226a is one of my favorites. I imagine you've done 80 out of Marion to the BRP.

Heard the 'Nanny' cut in a couple of times!! I assume your Bro caught up with you and all was well!

What model of GoPro are you using? Guess I'm gonna have to get me one of those!

Thanks Sam. Yep, the nanny cut in on us a few times. Yep, bro caught up, but it took him awhile. He told us at the beginning of the day to go on without him if we wanted. He is still a little tentative since the accident, but this is just the kind of ride to help get his confidence back. We took 226 off the mountain, then got on Diamondback and went back up. Then we cut across Seven Mile Ridge Road over to 80 and came back down. Nanny was very busy. My GoPro is the Hero model. It shoots much better vid than what's shown, but it takes too much time for me to download 10 minutes of 1080 vid to Youtube. The Hero is so easy to use also - I give it two big thumbs up! :2thumbs:

spyder3rdr
05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for sharing the ryde with us !!! thats definitely going on the "Ryde list" :thumbup:

Ltownblue
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for sharing the ryde with us !!! thats definitely going on the "Ryde list" :thumbup:

You're welcome. Doing it and others again this Saturday. If you're interested, let me know.