PDA

View Full Version : Ride Withdrawal Symptoms Are Fading Away!!

GadgetGuy442
03-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Well, after almost 4 months of no riding, the SE Michigan weather here cooperated enough for me to take the Blue Bomber out for a ride.... and that was JUST EXACTLY what the doctor ordered!! :2thumbs:

I knew I was suffering from ride withdrawal, but my malady faded quickly the moment the engine started (instantly... as if she had been anxiously waiting too!).

The boost of adrenaline and sun/wind in my face was extremely therapeutic for me. I envy those of you who get to ride year round! It's probably too early (not officially Spring yet, although close) to expect that we won't have more snow, but it's getting more promising here day by day!

So, how long has it been for you since your last Fall ride? Anyone else feeling better after having your first ride of the season?

Very Best Regards to all...

Bill

:ohyea:

docdoru
03-18-2011, 08:10 AM
:2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-18-2011, 08:12 AM
The pain of PSS (Parked Spyder Syndrome) can be reduced by reading SpyderLovers forums but there's nothing like a good ride to cure the ailment. :2thumbs:

IWN2RYD
03-18-2011, 08:35 AM
The pain of PSS (Parked Spyder Syndrome) can be reduced by reading SpyderLovers forums but there's nothing like a good ride to cure the ailment. :2thumbs:
FALSE!!!! :shocked:

It so makes it worse!!! It gives us great ideas, the opportunity to see new mods, others actually ryding, find valuable information, meet new friends... etc etc etc... All while grinding on our gut that our ryde is parked...

Did I mention addictive? :roflblack:

Anyway, I am able to ryde all year.. Just wanted to have fun with it. When it snows and I cannot ryde I get very wound up when I read the forums as the desire to ryde becomes unbearable at times... :thumbup:

Eraser
03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
:gaah::gaah::gaah:

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/donfushtey/winter2.jpg

retired1
03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
About 10AM Wed. I put my leathers and my modular on and headed out for the 1st. ride of the year! I stopped at a coffee shop about 10 miles from home. It hadn't seemed too cold, so I decided to stop at the Harley dealer about 15 miles and have a cup of coffee. Went home and decided to set the clock. Had troubles, do decided to ride to my dealer for assistance, about 45 miles. He had 3 new RT's put together and has 2 new 2009 GS's available(1 red and 1 yellow). Got the clock reset and headed home. Decided to fill the tank and have coffee. About 150 miles and $18 for gas.:yikes: But my PSS had disappeared, so it was worth it!:D

CyncySpyder
03-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Teddy & I are year round Ryders except when there's just too much snow, ice or rain out, then we feel your aingst :gaah: My biggest problem is making time to do mods & all the other responsible stuff living requires, cause that means We have to STOP Ryding :yikes: & that just causes issues.

Went to my Dr. About it last week & am waiting for my mail-order Adderall to arrive :thumbup: hopefully this'll :helpsmilie: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

DougB
03-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Been ridin' the past few days and will again today. The mods I did this winter all working great. :)

SpyderWolf
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
I have not ridden my Spyder in about 1 month, since hurting my ankle. That is the longest I have gone without a ryde since getting my Spyder, and it is truly driving me nuts. I even stayed away from the forum a few days at a time in an attempt to keep the feelings of despair from getting worse. :gaah: I am hoping that I will be able to get back in the saddle very soon though. The weather is gorgeous here, but right now it looks like this weekend is out of the question. My wife is also tired of picking up my slack, and said if I do something to injure the ankle again she will kill me. :roflblack:

All of you who can get out and ryde, go do it. :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I finally was able to log some seat-time yesterday for the season's first ride...WOO-HOO!!! :yes::yes: The weather is co-operating JUST enough! Today has some short rides in the planning and tomorrow it's off to the dealer to get the oil and filters changed! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
03-18-2011, 01:03 PM
:congrats: on that first ride. It goes a long way towards curing PSS.

Eraser: I can relate to your picture. We got 4" of snow yesterday.

tmofo
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, after almost 4 months of no riding, the SE Michigan weather here cooperated enough for me to take the Blue Bomber out for a ride.... and that was JUST EXACTLY what the doctor ordered!! :2thumbs:

I knew I was suffering from ride withdrawal, but my malady faded quickly the moment the engine started (instantly... as if she had been anxiously waiting too!).

The boost of adrenaline and sun/wind in my face was extremely therapeutic for me. I envy those of you who get to ride year round! It's probably too early (not officially Spring yet, although close) to expect that we won't have more snow, but it's getting more promising here day by day!

So, how long has it been for you since your last Fall ride? Anyone else feeling better after having your first ride of the season?

Bill

I have had my spyder for 3 weeks and I can't ride it due to the navy's regs. I'm waiting to take the basic rider course. I'm super excited. I been wanting a spyder since 2008... I have my baby finally....... I live in NV. Weather is not that big of a issue. I'll be ride legally riding Monday 21Mar2011. C yall on the rode.

retired1
03-18-2011, 05:34 PM
:congrats: and :welcome:. What model and color?
Does the Navy have a base in NV?

SpyderAnn01
03-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I hurt my back on Monday but managed to ride through the pain on Wed. Yesterday I thought I would try shoveling rocks that didn't go well and I spent the rest of the day flat on my back. Today I felt good enough to go for a ride and it felt pretty good.

JJW SpyderRider
03-18-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm located in northen IL and we had are thrird largest snow fall total this year. I still rode when the roads were clear, which was not very often, down to 15 deg with 100+ miles rides once it got above 25 deg. The two to three week breaks between rides was torture. I got hooked on this 3 wheeled :spyder2: and just can't get enough of riding it. :2thumbs:

NancysToy
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I hurt my back on Monday but managed to ride through the pain on Wed. Yesterday I thought I would try shoveling rocks that didn't go well and I spent the rest of the day flat on my back. Today I felt good enough to go for a ride and it felt pretty good.
:yikes: I only read the first sentence, when I knew those darned stones were involved. Heal fast...and hire a neighbor kid to move the stones. :D

boborgera
03-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Fallon Naval Air Station.
[also there's a secret sub base under the desert]
but don,t tell anyone]

dltang
03-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Bill

Glad you got our Gadget. There is another Spyderlover in your neighborhood but I haven't seen them post in quite a while. Joan and Bob are from your neck of the woods. I hope to get down your way this summer and get with them again for some riding. We will keep you posted if we do.

Boriken
03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
(Legal or not Ryde Safe) Thank's for service.

Havasu Rider
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I have been through Fernley NV. a few times. It is not someplace anyone would go on their own free will. It is the Air Forces version of Thule Greenland. :roflblack:

tmofo
03-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Fernley,nv isnt that bad.... better then fallon! I'm a proud owed of a 2011 silver se5. BTW the first day of basic riders class was a success.... to be continues @ 7am Saturday. Thanks again

retired1
03-19-2011, 08:43 AM
tmofo;
Thanks for the reply! At my age, I can still learn something new every day.:D

tmofo
03-19-2011, 10:11 PM
youre more than welcome.... once again, thank everybody for the warm welcome. its great to be apart of the spyder family. my last day in riders class is Sunday... i cant wait. monday i hit the rode...safely.